Saints News Luke Ball sacked from St Kilda because he wasn't fast enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is similar to the philosophy adopted by the Collingwood supporter who is stealing your wallet.
May a great player be traded for a lesser one, and feel all fuzzy and warm...this is the AFL not line up against the sheds at primary school..

Interesting assesment of the merits of AFL trading. Perhaps tainted by the outcome of this trade?
Run your ideas past an AFL List or Recruitment Manager, you may well engage in a short discussion.

Saint4Life

All Australian
Oct 10, 2002
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
saints
Balls main issue imo, was his ability to kick further than 40m.
His in and under work was good, but you knew he can't kick a goal from 40m~ out.

Armo was clearly the replacement, imo, is more promising, because he kicks more goals, is younger, tackles well. I just don't understand why Ross doesn't cement him, was unlucky to get injured...

Hopefully Ross learnt from the GF that if you don't win the ball from the centre of the ground/ball ups, you just can't go forward/win.

When the pressure was on, it became clear we need to improve, Peake and Ray were horrible in the replay GF, speed wasn't the issue, it was winning the contested ball in the centre of the ground...

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
.Absolutely unreliable considering that the AFL web site has stated that Ball had zero contested possessions in the Preliminary Final when he had 14.

Pro stats has Ball with 14 total disposals, 9 uncontested & 14 contested in the prelim.

I don't think you need a degree in mathematics to realise something is up.

Considering that massive error, then I don't find them reliable at all, and I would rather use the stats that the coaches use (see above).

Considering that massive error, then I don't find them reliable at all, and I would rather use the AFL stats (see above).

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe the delusional Collingwood supporters who think Luke Ball is a better player than Lenny Hayes should start a Poll for non-biased supporters on the main board.
It should be good for a laugh.

If he was a better player than Lenny Hayes, he would still be at St Kilda. He clearly is not.

However, he is bloody good at the inside work, and at Collingwood - that is all that was required of him.

He did comprehensively beat Hayes in the GF Replay, but anyone with a clue knows Lenny to be the better footballer. Problem for the Sainters is Lenny is now in his 30's and Ball is 26, who does the inside work in 3 years time?

Could have been a bloke picked up with #30 in the draft, or Wellingham?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back