Luke Beveridge - You're an Idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't noticed, he/she has had plenty of time to "back it up" but continues to post insults and tells posters to stop posting on the HTB. I don't know what debating team you've been part of but any decent one would not contain such a member.
Firstly I don't see how saying poison drinking is any worse than saying kool aid drinking.
My point of debate is Essendon have been fined,players suspended,it's over.
Under some harsh penalties they have done pretty well to get their season underway with a good solid win and their supporters have every right to celebrate that and move on.
Everyone has pretty much said all that has to be said and it is time to start embracing the good in the game again.
I probably did come across as saying stop posting the same thing over four years rudely and arrogantly and for that I apologise.

If you haven't noticed, he/she has had plenty of time to "back it up" but continues to post insults and tells posters to stop posting on the HTB. I don't know what debating team you've been part of but any decent one would not contain such a member.

Continues? They've been here for 5 minutes. And besides, no one HAS to back it up just cos you want them to.

Continues? They've been here for 5 minutes. And besides, no one HAS to back it up just cos you want them to.
Thanks DJ,I have been following the saga for a while and I generally just read more than post and I certainly have had no inclination to post on this topic previously. Members of bigfooty have chosen to threaten me with bans and I would prefer not to be banned on a topic I feel is over. I know you have been defending your club in a humorous manner throughout the saga and I am sure you understand that to the casual observer there are some posters who refuse to let this go. I do acknowledge though it is their right to follow our great game in anyway they so choose,be that in a positive nature or any other such way.

It is not over. The players have appealed.
It should be over but the denial that is thrown around by the EFC faithful leaves me bewildered . As someone who is interested in this topic it does concern me that this little saga is being airbrushed to paint the EFC and it players in a light that does not reflect the truth.

This is like inception. You're complaining About the way a poster is posting, who is complaining about the way a poster is posting.

This is like inception. You're complaining About the way a poster is posting, who is complaining about the way a poster is posting.

Crazy hey. But I don't think they shouldn't be allowed in here. That's the minor difference.

Crazy hey. But I don't think they shouldn't be allowed in here. That's the minor difference.
You're not quick on the uptake are you? I stated very clearly that ANYONE is allowed in here. But the site has rules and if they break them they are banned and not allowed to come back. Their behaviour thus far has bordered on breaking those rules. I have noted they have softened their stand somewhat now and that's cool. It's not me that is the enforcer, that's the job of the mods. I'm just warning them politely!

You're not quick on the uptake are you? I stated very clearly that ANYONE is allowed in here. But the site has rules and if they break them they are banned and not allowed to come back. Their behaviour thus far has bordered on breaking those rules. I have noted they have softened their stand somewhat now and that's cool. It's not me that is the enforcer, that's the job of the mods. I'm just warning them politely!

Actually you could report the post as the forum rules state but you've got a point to prove.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've provided more evidence than most when arguing. You seem to forget that Dank point blank told an ASADA witness I know personally that he gave the players banned drugs. If you think that that is not evidence, I'm not sure what is, unless you wanted me to see him personally inject the players with ampoules marked "naughty supplements"!

Evidence? You having a mate who told you that Dank said he used banned drugs on the players? No, that's not evidence. That's a plank (or a cable, if you like) in your argument which explains your opinion on a BF board. Completely valid and worth putting out there but no more or less worthy than anyone else's (comparable, say, to Bruce Francis' view on the same information that is available to all of us.)

As I said before, none of us are privy to the actual evidence of this case - because the hearing was closed - and we are all just speculating about what that evidence actually was and why the CAS panel was so persuaded. You'll just have to put up with the fact that some people have formed contrary opinions to your own, based on the same information.

Evidence? You having a mate who told you that Dank said he used banned drugs on the players? No, that's not evidence. That's a plank (or a cable, if you like) in your argument which explains your opinion on a BF board. Completely valid and worth putting out there but no more or less worthy than anyone else's (comparable, say, to Bruce Francis' view on the same information that is available to all of us.)

As I said before, none of us are privy to the actual evidence of this case - because the hearing was closed - and we are all just speculating about what that evidence actually was and why the CAS panel was so persuaded. You'll just have to put up with the fact that some people have formed contrary opinions to your own, based on the same information.
The mate was a key ASADA and thus CAS witness. I think that makes it good evidence, but your blindness to this is obvious. Put it this way. A friend tells you that a bloke told him he killed another individual who he names. Eleven months later that individuals body is found. Your friend is a key witness in the murder trial. Now you are trying to tell me that what your friend told you is not evidence at all, its just a plank…..

Sure.

If you really are that blind to the truth, nobody will ever convince you otherwise. I think any logical person would certainly see it as good evidence. Three distinguished legal minds agreed at the CAS. And that is all that matters.

The mate was a key ASADA and thus CAS witness. I think that makes it good evidence, but your blindness to this is obvious. Put it this way. A friend tells you that a bloke told him he killed another individual who he names. Eleven months later that individuals body is found. Your friend is a key witness in the murder trial. Now you are trying to tell me that what your friend told you is not evidence at all, its just a plank…..

Sure.

If you really are that blind to the truth, nobody will ever convince you otherwise. I think any logical person would certainly see it as good evidence. Three distinguished legal minds agreed at the CAS. And that is all that matters.

or a cable...

Firstly I don't see how saying poison drinking is any worse than saying kool aid drinking.
My point of debate is Essendon have been fined,players suspended,it's over.
Under some harsh penalties they have done pretty well to get their season underway with a good solid win and their supporters have every right to celebrate that and move on.
Everyone has pretty much said all that has to be said and it is time to start embracing the good in the game again.
I probably did come across as saying stop posting the same thing over four years rudely and arrogantly and for that I apologise.

I must have missed the part where the bombers were fined and had draft picks taken off them after they were found to have given their players illegal performance enhancing drugs.
Can you fill me in on when that happened please?

You are clearly missing the point. So you and the caustic poison drinking mob are clever,congratulations. It is time to move on now and barrack for your team.
Sure, but they only play one day a week (and the season hasn't actually started yet).

I don't know about other regulars, but the other sports I follow (that have overtaken my interest in Aussie Rules) are still in hiatus, so in the meantime this saga is as good an entertainment as a never-ending season of Air Crash Investigations.

And I get to quietly engage in the age-old crow-eater past-time of "kick-a-Vic", in the form of the stupidly inept EFC and the morally corrupt VFL/AFL. :D

More popcorn please! :p

Sure, but they only play one day a week (and the season hasn't actually started yet).

I don't know about other regulars, but the other sports I follow (that have overtaken my interest in Aussie Rules) are still in hiatus, so in the meantime this saga is as good an entertainment as a never-ending season of Air Crash Investigations.

And I get to quietly engage in the age-old crow-eater past-time of "kick-a-Vic", in the form of the stupidly inept EFC and the morally corrupt VFL/AFL. :D

More popcorn please! :p
Fortunately I'm Sicilian and remain untroubled by kicking vics.

I must have missed the part where the bombers were fined and had draft picks taken off them after they were found to have given their players illegal performance enhancing drugs.
Can you fill me in on when that happened please?
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back