Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, there appears to be some turmoil down at the kennel, but I don't think they've been able to field a full side yet (obviously can't field a 100% fit side now with Libba out). West Coast game is probably 50/50 and a loss isn't out of the question. Bevo at least has some runs on the board. Not sure how much longer they will count for, but I reckon he's a decent coach and they should stand by him.
The three coaches with the most pressure would be Buckley, Scott (of North fame) and Ross the boss.
To a lesser extent (purely because both teams are under a bit of pressure to make finals and make a little bit of an impact), Goodwin and Richardson.

He's made some weird decisions in the last 12 months. The assistant coaching changes...the playing defenders as forwards...playing NO forwards at all? Picken, Smith, Dickson out injured, Stringer gone, yet we decide not to play Boyd or Schache? Wood and Trengove playing forward when we have no leadership in the backline with Morris and Adams out injured.

Another 24 months of this and he's in trouble I reckon.

Sure, there appears to be some turmoil down at the kennel, but I don't think they've been able to field a full side yet (obviously can't field a 100% fit side now with Libba out). West Coast game is probably 50/50 and a loss isn't out of the question. Bevo at least has some runs on the board. Not sure how much longer they will count for, but I reckon he's a decent coach and they should stand by him.
The three coaches with the most pressure would be Buckley, Scott (of North fame) and Ross the boss.
To a lesser extent (purely because both teams are under a bit of pressure to make finals and make a little bit of an impact), Goodwin and Richardson.

We haven't had a fit 22 in 4+ years. Maybe round 1 2016? But not sure.

He won the Bulldogs only their second flag, the first over 50 years ago. He'll be given a couple of years at least.

He has made some questionable team structure changes and there are issues with support staff at the Kennel, Bevo has plenty of credits in the bank though and is a very clever coach.
No way he's under more pressure than 17 other coaches.

So let me get this right.

A coach who won the premiership 18 months ago is under more pressure than the bloke who has regressed his team over the last 6 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this right.

A coach who won the premiership 18 months ago is under more pressure than the bloke who has regressed his team over the last 6 years?
Yes. Because the expectations are much higher.

You don’t go from hero to zero without something being a miss.

Yes. Because the expectations are much higher.

You don’t go from hero to zero without something being a miss.
but wouldnt there be more pressure on a guy who in six years has shown that he cant coach. As opposed to a guy who in fpur years has shown that he can coach?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1Qsz51q.png

Idont give them a pass injury wise. What club does have a fully fit list? Getting your best 22 on the park is generally a theoretical dream.

Doubt he's under pressure for a bit yet though, but it depends on his support group with in the club. Rember Matthews at the Pies, it can happen if you dont have key support.

Mediocre side that did something miraculous. You thought it was going to happen again?

Some bizarre things going on at that club though.

disagree with that opinion, im a unbiased dogs fan

if you look at the list, we lacked top end talent, and missing a core age group 26-29 age group due to dud recruitment. but that list in 2015/16 peaked.

we are now seeing a team in decline but in a mini rebuild transition.

He's made some weird decisions in the last 12 months. The assistant coaching changes...the playing defenders as forwards...playing NO forwards at all? Picken, Smith, Dickson out injured, Stringer gone, yet we decide not to play Boyd or Schache? Wood and Trengove playing forward when we have no leadership in the backline with Morris and Adams out injured.

Another 24 months of this and he's in trouble I reckon.

What's the deal with Boyd or Schache you think they will be getting games maybe Bevo is not liking what he see on the training track?

The dogs are suffering a hangover of epic proportions as you'd expect winning the lot from 7th. They way they looked last year, no way they would have turned the corner after only one preseason. This year will probably be a write off for them as well but hopefully they have turned it around next season. Way too much talent in their team to be outside the eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back