Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny to read these last responses to valid criticism of Bevo
It simply validates that the culture around the Doggies struggles to accept truth and rejects criticism as the Enemy
Damien Barrett = Bad Man
LOL

Please, elaborate on how the criticism of Bevo is valid. Barrett made a number of empirical claims, of which there is no evidence to demonstrate their veracity other than poor performance in two rounds of football.

Has he 'lost the players'? are there 'internal divisions'? You're implicitly assuming that these are facts when it is far from clear that it is the truth. What is the truth is that the culture and gameplan Bevo installed took us to a flag over your mob.

Barrett = dickhead with a vendetta, who is getting called out by his own colleagues

nope cheered that fluke on all the way, in much the same way i cheered on leceister city and cronulla (though there's wasn't a fluke, more an anomaly). good when the little guys get up. i wouldn't give a rats if we got one that way, just be happy as larry we got one. you guys can go back to another fity years plus of nothingness content for awhile. we can't.

Hahaha what a pathetic post! What's next? They fluked 15 wins in the H&A season to get into the finals too? :drunk: :thumbsu:

Even if all the reports of team disharmony are incorrect, why would Beveridge react? Just adds fuel to a fire he wants desperately to extinguish. Something was not right with the dogs last year and you can't be mad at sports journalists for questioning the reasons behind it.

Even if all the reports of team disharmony are incorrect, why would Beveridge react? Just adds fuel to a fire he wants desperately to extinguish. Something was not right with the dogs last year and you can't be mad at sports journalists for questioning the reasons behind it.
Well you can, but it doesn't achieve anything

So funny to read these last responses to valid criticism of Bevo
It simply validates that the culture around the Doggies struggles to accept truth and rejects criticism as the Enemy
Damien Barrett = Bad Man
LOL
the only thing one needs to understand about damien barrett is that if the entire footy world was at peace then he would have no place in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only thing one needs to understand about damien barrett is that if the entire footy world was at peace then he would have no place in it.

Same with Caro, they're both tabloid journalists that get off on chaos and yet somehow one is more respected than the other.

It feels like every club feels the Barrett has it in for him. I know that’s the vibe from Richmond fans. He talks about us with contempt. Yes we have deserved a lot of criticism but even when we started playing finals and stuff he was dismissive of us and talked about us like he took pleasure in us falling down.
Barrett was made to feel like the fool he is in 2016 after he had spent two years going on and on about the Tom Boyd contract and then basically was left with a farm full of egg on his face as Tom put through the sealer from 60 meters on GF day.
He then went through a period of being overly nice to Bevo through his sliding doors crap but then turned to stick the boots in at every opportunity.

The sort of crap he has reported about player dissent is the sort of nonsense you would find at any club if you dig hard enough. A club is made up of 40+ players and then officials etc no doubt you will always be able to find someone unhappy.

Its demonstrably obvious if you watched us in the last two weeks that the kinda nonsense he was talking about was at best grossly exaggerated or at worse plainly false.

There is no doubt in my mind that without Bevo 2016 wouldn't have happened just as we wouldn't have blokes like English, Naughton, Richards etc playing good footy so early in their careers.

I also have no doubt that there are many other clube supporters who would rather be in our position than in theirs!

Let us know the next time a side flukes four finals in a row including two interstate!

An incredibly stupid statement given all the debate surrounding home ground advantages and the rarity of teams winning away from home.
The degree of difficulty was ridiculous. People also dodge the fact we won 15 games in the home and away season, beat every side in the comp bar Geelong and lost only one game by more than four goals.

There was a perfect storm element to it in that we had some young players in peak form and four older players who played outstanding footy in that month but have barely been available or have retired since. Certainly not a fluke though.

One thing I don’t quite understand is when people claim that the premiership was a fluke. First of all, you can’t fluke a premiership. You don’t fluke four wins all away from home in a competitive finals series against ‘better’ sides. You don’t fluke 15 wins in the home and away season which is usually enough to finish 4th. You don’t fluke winning games with the longest injury list in the AFL. Maybe it shows that we were just the best team that season. Is it too hard for some people to take? I think people are just jealous that their club isn’t winning flags. I must say one thing, I would rather ‘fluke’ a flag and have a premiership hangover and then play terrible footy in rounds 1 and 2 the following year and then come out and play some decent footy, than be a perennial mid table or basket case of the AFL. Don’t care how much people say it’s a fluke it’s still the best day of my life and no amount of whinging or whatever will take that premiership cup out the trophy cabinet. Go dogs!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing I don’t quite understand is when people claim that the premiership was a fluke. First of all, you can’t fluke a premiership. You don’t fluke four wins all away from home in a competitive finals series against ‘better’ sides. You don’t fluke 15 wins in the home and away season which is usually enough to finish 4th. You don’t fluke winning games with the longest injury list in the AFL. Maybe it shows that we were just the best team that season. Is it too hard for some people to take? I think people are just jealous that their club isn’t winning flags. I must say one thing, I would rather ‘fluke’ a flag and have a premiership hangover and then play terrible footy in rounds 1 and 2 the following year and then come out and play some decent footy, than be a perennial mid table or basket case of the AFL. Don’t care how much people say it’s a fluke it’s still the best day of my life and no amount of whinging or whatever will take that premiership cup out the trophy cabinet. Go dogs!

Not to forget our wins total gets you in the top for many other seasons.And the fact we beat EVERY single team at least once but Geelong, not many winning teams do that one

But hey, just let these Bulldogs haters keep spilling their crap any chance they can, or anyone who wants to try and s**t on the flag. We know how it is, that's all that matters

Not to forget our wins total gets you in the top for many other seasons.And the fact we beat EVERY single team at least once but Geelong, not many winning teams do that one

But hey, just let these Bulldogs haters keep spilling their crap any chance they can, or anyone who wants to try and s**t on the flag. We know how it is, that's all that matters
Interesting history discussion. But what happened at Manuka in round 1, you know the present year?

Nice history discussion. What happened at Etihad stadium the last two weeks. We’ve played good football and beaten Essendon and come close to a pretty good swans outfit

From Premiers 2 years ago to being happy with a win and an honourable loss at home after 4 rounds. That's actually a really good illustration of the fall.

I’d liken dogs position to hawthorns in 2010 or so. Still a large core of the 2016 side in place, but lost a few pieces and need to rejig things a bit and build the next wave of players to compliment the existing core.

Reckon they will be fine, too much talent for them not to be.

Will take a bit longer than Hawthorn did though, a much younger and less experienced list, plus a few positions need improving, particular an impactful forward line

Will take a bit longer than Hawthorn did though, a much younger and less experienced list, plus a few positions need improving, particular an impactful forward line
Quite extraordinary to be regularly fielding the youngest team in the comp 18 months after winning the flag. Shows how young a lot of the premiership batch were.

The signs are now good but I expect it to be a frustrating year or two until some of the newer players get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back