Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were very reliant on inside dominance and winning the clearances

It was around team defence, contested ball/repeat stoppages and repeat i50 entries (this last point especially important to combat our terrible i50 conversion).

Team defence was probably our most important due to very undersized / inexperienced KPD.

Actually I have, and return to my previous point. 2 bad losses one win and one honourable loss is not a good start to the season. It's not logical to ignore the first two rounds because you get better. Most likely those cracks will reappear.
You have only played one finalist from last year and they beat you. Lets hold of for a few more weeks yet to see were we are all at.

We played the same team the following week and performed better than you in most areas but still got a loss.

See how confirmation bias can make you twist stuff around to suite your argument. It can be crippling to ones credibility.

You have only played one finalist from last year and they beat you. Lets hold of for a few more weeks yet to see were we are all at.

We played the same team the following week and performed better than you in most areas but still got a loss.

See how confirmation bias can make you twist stuff around to suite your argument. It can be crippling to ones credibility.
Absolutely it can. We don't need to twist things though, 13 goals is very stark.

Why has this thread become about the Giants?

The thread is about Luke Beveridge. He won us a flag and is now currently coaching a 22 that is by far the youngest and least experienced side in the league. The first two weeks were horrible, the last two have been very good and have shown he clearly hasn't lost the players.

The thread is about Luke Beveridge. He won us a flag and is now currently coaching a 22 that is by far the youngest and least experienced side in the league. The first two weeks were horrible, the last two have been very good and have shown he clearly hasn't lost the players.

Because Bokkie is obsessed as usual

I’d liken dogs position to hawthorns in 2010 or so. Still a large core of the 2016 side in place, but lost a few pieces and need to rejig things a bit and build the next wave of players to compliment the existing core.

Reckon they will be fine, too much talent for them not to be.
Good point.

There’s a few issues here.

1. It’s an incredibly competitive competition and sides are improving week to week. You don’t know who’ll you’ll get on a given day. The WB being 1-3 isn’t really an issue given they’ve got 19 weeks to win more than they lose. GWS are a very good side and WC are a lot better than people are suggesting.

2. They’ve got a good core group of footballers who can play really exciting and damaging football. Even though they lost to WC I thought their third quarter was great.

3. 2017 wasn’t a good year. It just wasn’t. s**t happens and things don’t work sometimes. The stringer issue was there and finally resolved. 2018 has started with key players out, that hasn’t helped. Particularly defensive players.

Barrett has really gone hard at the WB and like a child looking for a reaction, his got one from Beverage. You can’t blame Beverage for feeling stressed at times, his side isn’t the same side as they were in 2016 and in a high pressure environment and a performance based industry, he’s obviously feeling the heat.

The only thing Beverage can do is block out the crap from these flogs like Barrett who pride themselves on the amount of s**t they can fling from rumour, innuendo and hearsay. If you hear Barrett defend his rationale for what he says, it’s always ‘I have it on good terms’ or ‘my sources say’. The thing about Barrett is that he will never disclose his ‘terms’ or his ‘sources’, I find him to be a worm and a squib who needles and prods.

Best for a winner like Beverage to ignore a loser like Barrett.

Good point.

There’s a few issues here.

1. It’s an incredibly competitive competition and sides are improving week to week. You don’t know who’ll you’ll get on a given day. The WB being 1-3 isn’t really an issue given they’ve got 19 weeks to win more than they lose. GWS are a very good side and WC are a lot better than people are suggesting.

2. They’ve got a good core group of footballers who can play really exciting and damaging football. Even though they lost to WC I thought their third quarter was great.

3. 2017 wasn’t a good year. It just wasn’t. s**t happens and things don’t work sometimes. The stringer issue was there and finally resolved. 2018 has started with key players out, that hasn’t helped. Particularly defensive players.

Barrett has really gone hard at the WB and like a child looking for a reaction, his got one from Beverage. You can’t blame Beverage for feeling stressed at times, his side isn’t the same side as they were in 2016 and in a high pressure environment and a performance based industry, he’s obviously feeling the heat.

The only thing Beverage can do is block out the crap from these flogs like Barrett who pride themselves on the amount of s**t they can fling from rumour, innuendo and hearsay. If you hear Barrett defend his rationale for what he says, it’s always ‘I have it on good terms’ or ‘my sources say’. The thing about Barrett is that he will never disclose his ‘terms’ or his ‘sources’, I find him to be a worm and a squib who needles and prods.

Best for a winner like Beverage to ignore a loser like Barrett.
Top post.

Dogs' Round 2 team was their youngest since 1995, and this week's combination is scarcely any older. They're undergoing a serious refurb.
True - the fact we were competitive against the Swans and really only choking in front of goals cost us the win offers a fair amount of hope.
We don't have that core forward line to develop yet which is still a worry but we have kids on every other line to develop together (and in the middle I'd suggest Rhylee West + one more outside mid would have us set for the mid-term).

The thing is also, every club is going to have the critics on to them at any one point in time. Is there any way to escape it? Not with the over saturation of media outlets in the present day. There’s literally a football program on every night, this essentially leads to over analysis and repetition of the same topic but with a different spin on it. If you buy into it and believe them all, you’re an idiot.

It also confuses people. What is actually the problem if there even is one? I could go through every club and list ‘potential’ issues that may surface or elements of the first 4 weeks that may be open for scrutiny.

The media promotes this sense of constant analysis from a negative narrative, people like talking about ‘what went wrong’ or ‘what they should be doing’. Guess what folks? Talk all you want, but unless you’re in a position to make or influence decisions, you’re just another mouth.

It’s the same reason Geelong and Richmond fans flock to the threads about one another, how Essendon and Hawthorn fans do the same, and Hawthorn and Geelong fans do the same.

You beat them in the 2016 PF and went on to win a flag where they didn’t. It stung them a bit.

It’s the same reason Geelong and Richmond fans flock to the threads about one another, how Essendon and Hawthorn fans do the same, and Hawthorn and Geelong fans do the same.

You beat them in the 2016 PF and went on to win a flag where they didn’t. It stung them a bit.
Nonsense read the thread. Bulldogs posters have been pulling it back to the 2016 since the beginning. Getting them to acknowledge it's 2018 has been like pulling teeth. We moved on a long time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense read the thread. Bulldogs posters have been pulling it back to the 2016 since the beginning. Getting them to acknowledge it's 2018 has been like pulling teeth. We moved on a long time ago.
It's a thread about Luke Beveridge, who has been coaching since 2015 and led the team to an unlikely flag in 2016, which is, like it or not (and I know you don't because you'd rather pretend it never happened), relevant to the conversation. Its not a 'Bulldogs 2018' thread, the only thing that's not relevant is the Giants.

You also continue to forget that no matter what you write about or wish for on a football forum, it doesn't actually affect what happens in real life.

Suck it up Bokky, its never going to go away.

Last edited:
It's a thread about Luke Beveridge, who has been coaching since 2015 and led the team to an unlikely flag in 2016, which is, like it or not (and I know you don't because you'd rather pretend it never happened), relevant to the conversation. Its not a 'Bulldogs 2018' thread, the only thing that's not relevant is the Giants.

You also continue to forget that no matter what you write about or wish for on a football forum, it doesn't actually affect what happens in real life.

Suck it up Bokky, its never going to go away.
You illustrate my point perfectly

:thumbsu:

The thing is also, every club is going to have the critics on to them at any one point in time. Is there any way to escape it? Not with the over saturation of media outlets in the present day. There’s literally a football program on every night, this essentially leads to over analysis and repetition of the same topic but with a different spin on it. If you buy into it and believe them all, you’re an idiot.

It also confuses people. What is actually the problem if there even is one? I could go through every club and list ‘potential’ issues that may surface or elements of the first 4 weeks that may be open for scrutiny.

The media promotes this sense of constant analysis from a negative narrative, people like talking about ‘what went wrong’ or ‘what they should be doing’. Guess what folks? Talk all you want, but unless you’re in a position to make or influence decisions, you’re just another mouth.

Yes and people like David King etc talk about it so much, a side can be rebuilding on Monday and have completed said build by Wednesday.

Because there is so much talk all these wild conclusions are drawn on the last couple of games a side has played.

I am aware of the thread details. It’s also common practice for these two clubs to be potting one another. Don’t pretend it doesn’t happen.

Inherited a list of quality players. How many blokes who are "Premiership Heroes" did he actually bring in? Not to mention pretty much (if not all) of those "Premiership Heroes" are on the slide under him? Bontempelli? Boyd? Hunter? Johannisen? Dahlhaus? All arguably worse players than they were in 2016.

The bulldogs were full of youth when Beveridge came in, of course they were going to trend upwards. They were lucky to nab a flag as they were fantastic for about 4 weeks of the year in 2016, but ignoring those 4 weeks they have been super vanilla.

Won't play finals this year (again), the question is how many more of these downward trending years are bulldogs fans going to put up with before they realise what the rest of the AFL world realised a long time ago, that 2016 was an aberration?

They were lucky to nab a flag as they were fantastic for about 4 weeks of the year in 2016, but ignoring those 4 weeks they have been super vanilla.
People have to stop spewing this garbage. We won 15 games in the h&a season and were 2 games behind the minor premier. We did this with a horrible run with injuries to key players for long periods right from the get go.

We did this by having a team that could cover for one another regardless of who went down. Who played as one and were relentless all year.

This was I believe largely due to the coach. He had everyone singing from the same song sheet and playing as a unit, rather than individuals.

That my friend is not vanilla.

The last 2 weeks are 2016 like with a much younger list. We bulldog supporters are mostly very positive about our future prospects and the ability of our coach. Sure the first 2 weeks were hard to watch but we now see our future and we like it.

And if that's vanilla then can i have another vanilla premiership please and hold the fries.

People have to stop spewing this garbage. We won 15 games in the h&a season and were 2 games behind the minor premier. We did this with a horrible run with injuries to key players for long periods right from the get go.

We did this by having a team that could cover for one another regardless of who went down. Who played as one and were relentless all year.

This was I believe largely due to the coach. He had everyone singing from the same song sheet and playing as a unit, rather than individuals.

That my friend is not vanilla.

The last 2 weeks are 2016 like with a much younger list. We bulldog supporters are mostly very positive about our future prospects and the ability of our coach. Sure the first 2 weeks were hard to watch but we now see our future and we like it.

And if that's vanilla then can i have another vanilla premiership please and hold the fries.
7th is 7th, not 7th (but 15 wins). After the home and away you were the 7th best team in the comp.

The injury argument is rubbish too. Plenty of clubs have injuries, its part of the game. Do the pies get a pass the last 3 years for consistently being one of the top 3 most injured teams in the comp? No.

And curious, if your coach was able to get everyone "singing the same song" in 2016, why isn't he held to account for last years performance? Or this years performance? If you are going to attribute a huge amount of the credit to him for 2016, the same weight of blame needs to be put on him for his "vanilla" coaching since then.

7th is 7th, not 7th (but 15 wins). After the home and away you were the 7th best team in the comp.

The injury argument is rubbish too. Plenty of clubs have injuries, its part of the game. Do the pies get a pass the last 3 years for consistently being one of the top 3 most injured teams in the comp? No.

And curious, if your coach was able to get everyone "singing the same song" in 2016, why isn't he held to account for last years performance? Or this years performance? If you are going to attribute a huge amount of the credit to him for 2016, the same weight of blame needs to be put on him for his "vanilla" coaching since then.
Buckley's gone backwards every year and kept his job so I'd say yes, he has been given a pass.

The vast majority of Bulldog fans think by and large Bevo is a doing a great job and he's already blooding the next crop for a stint at the top, hence consistently putting out the youngest team in the competition.

If you believe differently, what specific areas of his coaching concern you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back