Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Joyce was sacked in 1993 2 years after a flag at Hawthorn. Different era but there is precedence

Sure but I am not sure if it happening once in history is a good example to use.

What is it with the obsession with coaches being sacked? What purpose would be achieved by doing so? Literally the only way he is being sacked is if Clarkson has secretly told bulldogs he is coaching them next year.

This is why the main board stinks.

There is a legitimate conversation to be had about Bevo and the coaching changes, match committee and game day issues that have been prevalent since the flag. These are discussed in several threads on the dogs board, with many different opinions across the fan base.

But on here there’s an idiotic post (or multiple) about how he’s a shitty coach, less than two years after getting one of the least experienced lists (with arguably minimal star power) in recent history to a flag. This in turn causes dogs posters to call this out, and a shitfight ensues.

If anyone wants to engage in a discussion on his coaching without the hyperbole I’m all for that.
Are the rumours of friction amongst playing group accurate?

This is why the main board stinks.

There is a legitimate conversation to be had about Bevo and the coaching changes, match committee and game day issues that have been prevalent since the flag. These are discussed in several threads on the dogs board, with many different opinions across the fan base.

But on here there’s an idiotic post (or multiple) about how he’s a shitty coach, less than two years after getting one of the least experienced lists (with arguably minimal star power) in recent history to a flag. This in turn causes dogs posters to call this out, and a shitfight ensues.

If anyone wants to engage in a discussion on his coaching without the hyperbole I’m all for that.
Agreed. These s**t fights are too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the rumours of friction amongst playing group accurate?

No idea, I don’t have any contacts within the club. I would imagine the odd player isn’t happy with team performance, being dropped, trade rumours or whatever - particularly around some club fabric players like Dahlhaus and Wallis. If I was them I’d be unhappy with their own performances instead as outside of our draftees and maybe a couple of others like Macrae and Williams almost every senior player has regressed.

My personal opinion is that the coaching mix isn’t right, we’ve had a significant injury list and haven’t replaced leadership with our retirees. But that’s conjecture, there absolutely could be other things at play.

Not sure I'd call beating a red hot Eagles in Perth, 3 peating Hawks at the G, the AFLs Frankenstein's monster at Spotless and the top team in the Grand final in consecutive weeks a fluke. Weird.

We were the best team at the right time, not the best team all year.

Last edited:
Losing 1 final is not exactly a textbook pedigree.
I never said it was a textbook pedigree. But our team has been ravaged by injury the last 2 years and both our teams are positioned right next to each other on the ladder. What’s Freo’s excuse for their shocking season?

At least we’ve managed to get a premiership out of our coach. What’s yours done for you lately? Besides a couple of off field scandals and being forced to rebuild the team from scratch after 7 years of underachieving?

I never said it was a textbook pedigree.

No, but that was my point. The Dogs are pretty unique, you can't compare them to other premiership teams.

But our team has been ravaged by injury the last 2 years and both our teams are positioned right next to each other on the ladder. What’s Freo’s excuse for their shocking season?

We're s**t?

At least we’ve managed to get a premiership out of our coach. What’s yours done for you lately? Besides a couple of off field scandals and being forced to rebuild the team from scratch after 7 years of underachieving?

Gee, you'd think our coach's position isn't currently being questioned.

If only we'd been gifted a home grand final we'd probably have a flag by now.

No, but that was my point. The Dogs are pretty unique, you can't compare them to other premiership teams.

We're s**t?

Gee, you'd think our coach's position isn't currently being questioned.

If only we'd been gifted a home grand final we'd probably have a flag by now.
MCG was a neutral venue to Dogs and Swans.
We also won in Perth and Sydney to get there. Hardly a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back