Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a dogs fan, i’d be driven to consuming beverages
However, i’m a Freo fan, so I’ve been sozzled for years :drunk:

Superb effort for the flag, brought the manic pressure before anybody did - totally owned that - and thoroughly deserved the flag.

Looking more and more like one trick ponies now though - everybody has the pressure side and Beveridge and the Dogs look to have precious little else to offer.
I'd say more like they've completely lost the pressure. It was superb in 2016 and they earned their flag the hard way. All flags are earned though.
They're just not that side his year.

Our list is full of players who can’t take a contested mark nor kick the football.

Long way back from there.

We could be writing the same thing about Richmond soon enough, similar scenarios
Richmond have got Dusty, Rance and, to a lesser extent, Riewoldt and Cotchin. They under-achieved for years. They probably made up for it by over-achieving last year, but they won't fall off a cliff like the dogs, who have Bont and a bunch of blue-collars.

Richmond have got Dusty, Rance and, to a lesser extent, Riewoldt and Cotchin. They under-achieved for years. They probably made up for it by over-achieving last year, but they won't fall off a cliff like the dogs, who have Bont and a bunch of blue-collars.

When I wrote what I did, I thought of that. Probably right but again a side which caught lightning in a bottle

We could be writing the same thing about Richmond soon enough, similar scenarios
Too early to tell I think. Crows are bloody hard to beat at home. I know it sounds odd but I went to the QF and I thought it was close to, if not our best effort for the year. We dropped a bit for 10 minutes in the 2nd QTR and it was game over.

Last edited:
Too early to tell I think. Crows are bloody hard to beat at home. I know it sounds odd but I went to the QF and I thought it was close to, if not our best effort for the year. We dropped a bit for 10 minutes in the QTR and it was game over.
Nah, crows are the easiest thing to beat at home...

You won a flag 18 months ago and have turned over Hamling (immediately), Boyd (played till 35) and Stringer (a great pretender, even before you won the flag).

Who else is cooked and getting replaced?
Picken and Morris are out and frankly might not play another game.

Roberts, Biggs, Roughead, Dickson are all of questionable value while Jong, Suckling and Wallis who didn’t play have question marks.

Something is off though - the lack of effort is horrifying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too early to tell I think. Crows are bloody hard to beat at home. I know it sounds odd but I went to the QF and I thought it was close to, if not our best effort for the year. We dropped a bit for 10 minutes in the QTR and it was game over.

I wouldn’t be saying Richmond or done or anything but first 2 games this year you can see without that manic pressure they do seem lacking.

If their going to climb the mountain again they will have to find some different tricks (even to stay top 6 really).

Anyway this is about the doggies and from what they have shown so far a half hearted Essendon would still win by 30+ points.

That’s actually the most insightful thing a North supporter has said on BigFooty.com for years.

Roberts, Biggs, Roughead, Dickson are all of questionable value while Jong, Suckling and Wallis who didn’t play have question marks.

You completely dominated the third quarter and I thought your kicking was very good, but you couldn’t kick straight and the damage was done after a poor first half. If it’s effort based it’s not hard to fix if the players want to be there and the coach is sending the right messages. They’re the two questions to answer.

You’re a bit like us, but obviously we don’t have the flag ;)

Fair enough - those guys are your 3rd tier guys though, aren’t going to be the guys that make the difference.

Picken is missed for sure, lack that grunt he brings to every contest.

Guys who I wonder about are Johanessen and Daulhaus - just haven’t taken that next step to be perreniel top players.

Forward line looks lost without Redpath - need him and Tom Boyd to form a double act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back