Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You completely dominated the third quarter and I thought your kicking was very good, but you couldn’t kick straight and the damage was done after a poor first half. If it’s effort based it’s not hard to fix if the players want to be there and the coach is sending the right messages. They’re the two questions to answer.

You’re a bit like us, but obviously we don’t have the flag ;)
Melbourne was competitive last year and is obviously competitive rounds one and two this year.

So far we’ve been generally non-competitive but then again Bevo’s already picked three debutantes and played young sides each round. Maybe he’s given up on some senior players.

It’s all a bit bizarre.

Melbourne was competitive last year and is obviously competitive rounds one and two this year.

So far we’ve been generally non-competitive but then again Bevo’s already picked three debutantes and played young sides each round. Maybe he’s given up on some senior players.

It’s all a bit bizarre.
Very odd if he has. Boyd does not seem to be considered at all, Roberts out, and who knows what the plan is with Schache.

Surely Boyd has to get a game?

Fair enough - those guys are your 3rd tier guys though, aren’t going to be the guys that make the difference.

Picken is missed for sure, lack that grunt he brings to every contest.

Guys who I wonder about are Johanessen and Daulhaus - just haven’t taken that next step to be perreniel top players.

Forward line looks lost without Redpath - need him and Tom Boyd to form a double act.
It’s the lack of effort that’s disturbing. If our players were as desperate as they were in ‘16 we’d have done ok but at one point three West Coast players found themselves alone in the goal square. If the effort is that poor it doesn’t really matter who is out there.

Well you can’t have a list full of duds if you won a flag in 2016?

We had our vetarens who we're super important. Also with Bont. Stringer. Jj. Dalh.libba. We built on a contested ball machine

But that wasn't sustainable because the senior players were all 33+

We lost Higgins. In 2014. Griffen.
Crameri spud

It’s the lack of effort that’s disturbing. If our players were as desperate as they were in ‘16 we’d have done ok but at one point three West Coast players found themselves alone in the goal square. If the effort is that poor it doesn’t really matter who is out there.
Was that game plan unsustainable? Now you’ve been worked out there isn’t a plan B?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s actually the most insightful thing a North supporter has said on BigFooty.com for years.
As tempting as it is to say that's because I haven't been on Bigfooty for years, I know there are balanced, reasonable North supporters with better footy knowledge than me. We always used to be a bit over-represented on here so the mouth-breathers and whack jobs stood out like the proverbial.

Thing I don't get is that the Dogs seemed to have one of the most talented young lists in the game. There wasn't much that they needed to recruit, just to keep developing and improving.

Based on their list they should still be a force to be reckoned with. It seemed like West Coast were scoring from complete defensive breakdowns, not from key forwards winning one on ones.

Maybe we underestimate the presence of senior heads in a team? No Boyd, Morris or Murphy in the current team.

I remember the year before their premiership that Murphy seemed like the calming influence. The young players were blitzing but almost going in too hard and frantic. You'd see them make the opposition defence look non-existent with their speed and quick passes, then someone would make a skill error and the opposition would score on the rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back