Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Bulldogs really that void of talent or is their coach garbage. It can only be one or the other.
Same question could be asked of the pies watching last nights game, i understand your just trying to stir s**t but were off to a better start than you guys so not too much to worry about atm

Sticking to the topic at hand.....I think the fact he won a premiership with a team not seen at that level gives him a lot of credit’s in the bank. I doubt the board would move on him unless they miss finals both this year & next.

Sticking to the topic at hand.....I think the fact he won a premiership with a team not seen at that level gives him a lot of credit’s in the bank. I doubt the board would move on him unless they miss finals both this year & next.
To be fair he inherited a ready made list from the previous coach ala Scott.

To be fair he inherited a ready made list from the previous coach ala Scott.
Whilst I respect your opinion, that’s not how I remember it.....When Beveridge arrived the dogs had just lost Cooney, Higgins & Griffen....So I thought he did a great job to get past all that & win a flag..... And on my coach, he still deserves a great deal of credit for that flag, yes we had a list of experienced players, but at that time we’d just lost Ablett, Bomber & been flogged by the Pies in the Prelim..... And within a year he made all them factor’s irrelevant & beat a high quality magpies team.

Whilst I respect your opinion, that’s not how I remember it.....When Beveridge arrived the dogs had just lost Cooney, Higgins & Griffen....So I thought he did a great job to get past all that & win a flag..... And on my coach, he still deserves a great deal of credit for that flag, yes we had a list of experienced players, but at that time we’d just lost Ablett, Bomber & been flogged by the Pies in the Prelim..... And within a year he made all them factor’s irrelevant & beat a high quality magpies team.
I’m not discrediting their premierships. Scott has proven he can build sustain success thorough list management since. Bevo has won around 15 games since their premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has the second youngest list in the league or close to it FFS. The team is playing exactly as young teams do, just a better spread of talent than most young teams have. He has plenty of tools to work with and time to make it happen. Don't get the calls that Bulldogs have the s**test youngsters in the league, when they have been playing better than most of them have done better than the more seasoned players. I still remember when Cats and Hawks fans both calling for Thompson and Clarkson to be sacked at one point, same for Tiger fans with Hardwick. Look what happened when patience and time was given for the coaches to build and develop their teams instead of the blame the coach and sack them every two years due to crap list management than coaching strategy the bottom clubs do. Neither of those clubs would have likely won the flag if the club knee jerked and listened to the fans.

Bev as you said has a few credits thanks to winning the flag by getting the best out of the list at the time. He was meant to in full rebuild mode in his first year 2015, but surprised with a finals appearance in 2015, showing that McCartney suffocated the team with dour coaching and football, the players hated the place. Naturally finals in Bev's first year surprised the club and fans themselves, so then again in 2016 the focus was again on finals and trying to go deeper, in which we managed to win it. 2017 was naturally about going back to back as defending premiers would, and 2018 was about seeing if 2017 was just a hiccup and if where was anything left to squeeze. I think winning the flag in 2016 offset/delayed a proper rebuild a bit. Bev is officially in rebuild mode now, which was meant to be 2015, and will get a few years to do so. It's basically the first year of a new contract kind of vibe. Same for Collingwood fans wanting Malthouse gone in the mid 2000's. Heck many wanted Buckley gone as well when the team regressed year after year since 2010 until recently, and last year they made the Grand Final. Adz has a short memory. Teams that are patient and stick to the plan see more benefits long term. Takes years to build a team/full list, not just a couple. Bev is safe for 4-5 years no worries.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, wouldn't mind Beveridge as coach right now.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back