Toast Luke Breust - Ready for a big season

Remove this Banner Ad

I was certainly one of those that called for him to be traded and expect we would have gotten a pretty reasonable deal.
In saying that he has more than shown that he is elite but had a tough time last year & deservingly reaping the rewards this season for a turn in fortune.
I can only imagine what this team would look like if Breust was traded & Rioli bailed mid year.... dire straights!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-31/the-stats-files-small-hawk-up-there-with-games-greats

Breust is on track to kick 50 majors for the third time in his career this year – and he has never slotted fewer than 30 – whereas Betts has achieved that feat on five occasions in six extra seasons.

Milne did it six times and Rioli never reached that plateau, while Johnson (three), LeCras (two) and Thomas, Wingard and Dickson (one each) are the others to manage it from the aforementioned list.

Most of Breust's 349 goals – the sixth-most of any player since 2011 – are from set shots (173), with the rest from snaps (99), on the run (62), playing on from marks (eight) and off the ground (seven).

People are going to look back at the 2013 GF forward line with awe in years to come. Seems to be that no-one is going to truly appreciate the near peak years combination of Franklin, Rough, Gunston, Rioli, Breust and Puopolo until they're all gone imo. The 2008 GF side was pretty incredible too, but imo no-one can touch that 2013 side for potency when it was all clicking for them.

That Poppy is nearly winding back the clock the last couple of weeks, and Bruester is in career best form, really highlights how good that whole group was/is.

People are going to look back at the 2013 GF forward line with awe in years to come. Seems to be that no-one is going to truly appreciate the near peak years combination of Franklin, Rough, Gunston, Rioli, Breust and Puopolo until they're all gone imo. The 2008 GF side was pretty incredible too, but imo no-one can touch that 2013 side for potency when it was all clicking for them.

That Poppy is nearly winding back the clock the last couple of weeks, and Bruester is in career best form, really highlights how good that whole group was/is.
And a resting Hale too

With Hodge and Lewis able to rest in the half forward line. And Issie Smith handy at the odd 50+ metre goal when it mattered as well.
Yep

When I get out the GF’s from our 3peat I’m amazed at how incredible these sides were

I never truly appreciated it at the time

Much like our sides in the 80’s when I was a teenager

Incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Bruest reaches this 50 goal/100 tackles in a season mark, would be some sort of achievement.

Needs to pick up his tackling efforts as they've slowed down a bit nearing the end of the season.

He's 8 tackles away from achieving it.

With game 1 of the pre-season down, and after a year where he averaged career lows in most important stats since his debut season in the seniors, Lukey Breust looks like he's set himself to get back on track in 2018.

From watching the JLT match on the weekend it was clear immediately that the effort was back for Breust. His 1 goal 3 effort in the forward line, with occasional midfield rotations, could easily have been 3 goals 1 - he made his way to the right spots, he ran hard, led well and tackled hard. I didn't realize until seeing the stats after the game that he actually laid 8 tackles, which is promising as his technique is superb due to rugby influences in his upbringing.

To be fair, he suffered a bit from team performance last year and he still managed to have our equal highest goals kicked for the year. This season should prove to be better for our forwards who depend on our delivery, and with the effort Breust has put into starting this year the right way, we could see the equal of his AA year in 2014.
Bigfooty cred forever. Had an amazing season ...so has Bruest :p

Just a message to those that continually wanted Breust traded:

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back