Luke Breust vs Jeff Garlett

Breust vs Garlett

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton must have about 10 A graders then? I don't think so. Neither player in this poll is close to being A grade.

Without a shadow of a doubt garlett is easily an A Grader, you guys have obviously not watched much of garlett, thats why this poll is such a joke, comparing a player in his first year to an established A Grade small forward, hes been performing consistently at an A Grade level for 3 years now.

Without a shadow of a doubt garlett is easily an A Grader, you guys have obviously not watched much of garlett, thats why this poll is such a joke, comparing a player in his first year to an established A Grade small forward, hes been performing consistently at an A Grade level for 3 years now.

When I think of A grade, I think Carlton have two, Murphy & Judd. Hawthorn have three, Mitchell, Franklin & Hodge. Collingwood have four, Swan, Pendlebury, Cloke & Thomas. Etc etc. Garlett is nowhere near any of those players.

By position Garlett is without doubt an A-Grader. Comp wide I don't think so though.

That makes more sense than saying Garlett has been performing to an A-grade level for 3 years now like another poster said. A-grade comp wide is reserved for the truly very good players, who have been top 40 in the comp over a long period of time.

Wow he was at A grade level in a season he played 10 games and kicked 12 goals :rolleyes:

So according to you Hodge is an A-Grade player but Judd isn't :confused: Astounding!

I fixed my post. I meant Judd, but had Gibbs on my mind because I was just in the Gibbs thread :p Of course they are both A graders, multiple AAs, Norm Smith medals, multiple B&Fs. Judd has had about 6 seasons where he is top 10 in the comp and Hodge has had 3 seasons being top 10 in the comp. Both would be elite.

Obviously referring to position played, hard to debate hes one of the best small forwards in the league, which would make him an A grade small forward no?

Wow he was at A grade level in a season he played 10 games and kicked 12 goals :rolleyes:

Sorry for some reason i thought he started in 2008, in 2010 kicked 37 goals and 2011 kicked 43 goals as a small forward, and would have to be in the top 2 or 3 for 1%ers in that time also. (havnt actually checked, but there was an article on it in the hun saying he was number 1 half way through the year.)

When I think of A grade, I think Carlton have two, Murphy & Judd. Hawthorn have three, Mitchell, Franklin & Hodge. Collingwood have four, Swan, Pendlebury, Cloke & Thomas. Etc etc. Garlett is nowhere near any of those players.

I'd say murphy and judd are elite, i wouldnt call Garlett elite, i think thats where we differ, im referring to influence relative to position, A grade would include jamison as one of the premier full backs last year b4 being injured, and jeffrey as an A grade small forward, i guess i look at it differently, im obviously taking into account position played, jeffrey is obviously not to the standard of franklin, ablett, judd etc, but compared to other small forwards would be in the top 2 or 3, and thats where i say hes an A grader, thats how i see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aight then. I thought you were going mad for a moment there (although you did vote for Breust lol). I wouldn't have called Gibbs an A-grader either, although I suspect he'll be nudging these estimations by the end of this season.

Yeah I wouldn't say Gibbs is A-grade yet, though will be by 2012s end. In my top 50 for the coming season in the lists forum, I put him at number 10. Think he will make massive steps in 2012.

Yeah I wouldn't say Gibbs is A-grade yet, though will be by 2012s end. In my top 50 for the coming season in the lists forum, I put him at number 10. Think he will make massive steps in 2012.

If he remains free from injury I'd be disappointed not to see him step up to become a top 20 player. He's got all the tools for top 10 to be within his sights, I'm just not sure he'll do it next year. Certainly all the talk is that he's ready to step up.

In this topic: The extent to which Podgey will manipulate stats to make himself appear correct.

"B-b-but Freo were top 8 when we played them!"
Get your hand off it.

How is that not more relevant than where they finished at the end of Round 24? Mind you Fremantle weren't just a Top 8 side when we played them, they were in the top 8 for 20 of the first 21 weeks, both including games against Hawthorn. They were a top 8 side when Hawthorn played them.

It is a circular argument that HP has no choice but to latch on to because he won't concede on something he started.

No, I've judged top 8 sides this way for other teams and other players long before this thread.

By who? Carlton fans? he is a dangerous forward that is all.
Maybe scrapes into a B grader maybe.

If Jeff Garlett is an A Grade Player. Then what are these players? Roughead Lewis Birchall Sewell Burgoyne Rioli. There all better then Garlett! So technically there A Graders too! :)

If Jeff Garlett is an A Grade Player. Then what are these players? Roughead Lewis Birchall Sewell Burgoyne Rioli. There all better then Garlett! So technically there A Graders too! :)

Garlett is not an A-Grader, nor should we call anyone as such after a good season or two.

Having said that he'd do serious damage playing for Hawthorn working under Franklin & Roughead. Best not think about it.
Personally I don't care where individual players are rated as long as my team is winning.

Garlett is not an A-Grader, nor should we call anyone as such after a good season or two.

Having said that he'd do serious damage playing for Hawthorn working under Franklin & Roughead. Best not think about it.
Personally I don't care where individual players are rated as long as my team is winning.

Whether your aware of it or not, Garlett did train with the Hawks at the end of 2008 for about 2 weeks in november after being over looked during the National Draft. Then Carlton swooped in the December Rookie Draft and ended up getting Garlett. But both clubs should be statisfied with both players right now, considering both players were Rookies and are now on the primary list playing good footy. :thumbsu:

Whether your aware of it or not, Garlett did train with the Hawks at the end of 2008 for about 2 weeks in november after being over looked during the National Draft. Then Carlton swooped in the December Rookie Draft and ended up getting Garlett. But both clubs should be statisfied with both players right now, considering both players were Rookies and are now on the primary list playing good footy. :thumbsu:

Well aware of it, so I shouldn't mention Curnow then? :p

Well aware of it, so I shouldn't mention Curnow then? :p

lol i was at Carl vs Rich in Round 1. His debut game was outstanding! Even if we ended up getting Curnow, who do we take out? Smith Shiels Savage would be ahead of him.

lol i was at Carl vs Rich in Round 1. His debut game was outstanding! Even if we ended up getting Curnow, who do we take out? Smith Shiels Savage would be ahead of him.

True. You don't need him as much as we do.
His first six games were on par with what Barlow produced in his first few games, so a shame for that injury in round 7 taking care of his year.
He also recently took out our time trial ahead of Walker, which is no mean feat in itself and is currently out-sprinting Judd.

Best get back on course.
Jeffy > Breust. That's more like it. :)

True. You don't need him as much as we do.
His first six games were on par with what Barlow produced in his first few games, so a shame for that injury in round 7 taking care of his year.
He also recently took out our time trial ahead of Walker, which is no mean feat in itself and is currently out-sprinting Judd.

Best get back on course.
Jeffy > Breust. That's more like it. :)

I all ready said before Garlett is better then Breust. As for Curnow he will be fighting with Ellard and Armfield for that final spot in your best 22. One of them is a must play IMO. :thumbsu:

Back