Player Watch Luke Brown - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he's very bad and very steady is a win?
You look at him kick and run and handle the ball though and he's got the tools, just doesn't use them enough

In his handful of touches he barely ever makes an error or fumbles or turns it over pathetically like the rest of our players.

You look at him kick and run and handle the ball though and he's got the tools, just doesn't use them enough

In his handful of touches he barely ever makes an error or fumbles or turns it over pathetically like the rest of our players.
If his usage rate went up, his efficiency rate would go down, that is normally how things go

If his usage rate went up, his efficiency rate would go down, that is normally how things go
Who cares?

If he gets up the ground more often and generates a few I50s, starts scoring chains etc but also concedes a few turnovers then you're better off than if he chips it to Kelly in the back pocket at 100%

Who cares?

If he gets up the ground more often and generates a few I50s, starts scoring chains etc but also concedes a few turnovers then you're better off than if he chips it to Kelly in the back pocket at 100%
I mean if he had about as many possessions as Laird then I think he would make about as many mistakes

I just reckon it’s naive to think that Luke Brown would have been something different in a different system. Coaching won’t make him attack like Brodie Smith any more than it would make him 10 cm taller.

I mean if he had about as many possessions as Laird then I think he would make about as many mistakes

I just reckon it’s naive to think that Luke Brown would have been something different in a different system. Coaching won’t make him attack like Brodie Smith any more than it would make him 10 cm taller.
You don't think the coach and coaching impacts players?

He's a better kick than Laird for starters.

You think coaching can change any aspect of any player without limitation?
I think there's a parallel universe where Tyson Edwards remained a back pocket role player, with some ability but in and out of the team

And Andrew McLeod remained an inconsistent half forward flanker

And Peter Caven remained an inconsistent AFL journeyman forward

I think there's a parallel universe where Tyson Edwards remained a back pocket role player, with some ability but in and out of the team

And Andrew McLeod remained an inconsistent half forward flanker

And Peter Caven remained an inconsistent AFL journeyman forward
Yes, is that the one where Ryan Schoenmakers is a Coleman medallist and Billy Hartung is a Brownlow medallist?

And Luke Brown did this in his second game?

Yes, is that the one where Ryan Schoenmakers is a Coleman medallist and Billy Hartung is a Brownlow medallist?

And Luke Brown did this in his second game?

So just to be clear, you're discounting Blight's influence on our players?

It's the one where Luke Brown makes small, incremental improvements to his game over time.

So just to be clear, you're discounting Blight's influence on our players?

It's the one where Luke Brown makes small, incremental improvements to his game over time.
Yes, players improve, and coaching helps.

Also, players have limitations - physical, coordination, etc, and coaching won’t greatly change those things.

On Luke Brown specifically, I think what I understand you are asking for which is more offensive pop from defence is basically outside his capability. He doesn’t kick 55 metre tracer bullets. He doesn’t have the power or speed to burst from congestion and clear the zone.

Anyway, I guess this isn’t really going anywhere, so I’ll agree to disagree :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unfair to Brown IMHO. One of our better, most-reliable players. Don't forget he's trying to hold back the tide with our midfield getting thrashed for about 5 years now. Speaking of which, I would like to see Nicks release him and let him play some creative football in the midfield for a change. He's got a bit of pace, doesn't lack courage, has footy 'smarts' and is a reliable kick. I'm pretty sure he played forward for Norwood for a while. We couldn't do any worse in there. Let's mix it up a bit.

Another terrible game luke. Spotlight on you now. After your contract you have been pretty pathetic.

Another terrible game luke. Spotlight on you now. After your contract you have been pretty pathetic.
Has been a very good player but it was plain silly to contract him til the end of 2023

His form over the last 2-3 years has been solid to good but he is not part of our next successful team and we need to rebuild our back 6 sooner rather than later

This is the year to move him up the ground a bit and see what other roles he can perform .

I would be staggered if he is in our best 22 mid way through 2023 so once again a year or 2 too many .

No meeting Greenwood in the middle for a 3 year deal taking him through 2022 but we add 3 more onto Brown before he was out of contract .

Great team man no doubt but we do not learn

After being overlooked in his under 18 year, Luke Brown burst onto the AFL scene with the Adelaide Crows and has established himself as one of the best small defenders in the competition.

From his junior days at Tea Tree Gully, playing his first game, the passing of Phil Walsh and his role as a senior player at West Lakes, Brown reflects on his career to date.

When is it time to move Mr. Vanilla on? He’s probably still got a few years left, but we’re years off competing again, so why don’t we shop him around? You might get lucky and get a 2nd rounder for him. Take what you can get.

Games should be put into Butts and Sholl rather than this inconspicuous, bland non exciting small defender. Harsh calls have got to be made, can we make them?
Probably given the hardest job in the team at detriment of his game.
longevity as well. Prime deliverer. Kept Cyril and Robbie quiet many occasions. Absolute bollocks op.
Give me a poll for this where I can say you are worse than a standish 12 speed Cycle.x

Remove this Banner Ad

Back