Traded Luke Dahlhaus (#954)

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He really hasn't been as bad as he is made out around here, sure not impacting the scoreboard as much as we'd like but his defensive pressure and tackling has been first class, he still uses the ball very very well and he just makes things happen. As Werewolf said, when he learns to cope with the attention he is getting he will be fine, also when we have a better team he will be massively helped with that.

If he could have the games hes been having lately but kick maybe 2 goals a game, then I would be very happy with that.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he could have the games hes been having lately but kick maybe 2 goals a game, then I would be very happy with that.
And he has pretty much been doing that week in week out lately :thumbsu:

Seriously, am I the only one around here who thinks Dahl is a little underrated, I think its just because when he first hit the scene he was hyped up so much and all that but now he is a genuinely good player week in week out.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-08-30/half-ton-up-for-dahl

Dahlhaus has been a key contributor at the Bulldogs in his third year, ranked fifth in disposals at the Club, third in tackles, fourth in inside 50s and second in goals (28).
The 21-year-old is also ranked 19
th
in the league in total goal assists, as well as having a hand in 61 scoreboard influences this season.

Some pretty damn good stats especially considering he was learning to deal with the best defender each week and some huge pressure he didn't get last year.

Didn't even realize he came 4th in the BnF last year too. Also he has played every game this year and has hardly missed a game since he debuted, very durable. All that and he only just turned 21. I feel that most people around here see him as a solid important player in our next flag tilt, while I see him as one of our better kids and seriously think he could become an absolutely gun player (even more so after his recent form going through the midfield).

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Has been really immense this year. I wonder if we can attribute his willingness to constantly compete, and scrap and apply that manic pressure in part to the fact he came in under Eade, and Eade seemed to never give kids a go. Perhaps he developed that non-stop attack as a consequence of needing to give 100% to get a game? Anyway, he's been one of our best this year.

Western+Bulldogs+Grand+Final+Reception+nr4xO8lMV2al.jpg

Back