Roast Luke Dahlhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got some lead weights in the shed that would provide as much performance and depth as he does.

😊

Neither of them can perform if you retire them mid season though.

Neither of them can perform if you retire them mid season though.

It was a bit of a throwaway line on my part, but yes, you're correct.

I'd still be relegating him to the VFL immediately though, and using him in the seniors only as a last resort, or if / when his form justifies selection.

It was a bit of a throwaway line on my part, but yes, you're correct.

I'd still be relegating him to the VFL immediately though, and using him in the seniors only as a last resort, or if / when his form justifies selection.

Oh yeah that i agree id drop him too id just keep him around as serviceable injury backup for the rest of the year in case close/miers etc get injured or drop in form. The younger kids also speak about how the positive impact he has on the playing group so he has value for that reason id just have him outside the 22 for a few weeks to see if he finds form.

The return of Miers means Dahlhaus is now expendable. Close providing pressure and occasionally hitting the scoreboard, Miers reliably kicking his 1-2 goals a game. That’s our best team balance.

Time for Dahl to have a spell- get Evan’s in for him and see how the chemistry is with him , Close and Miers up forward.👌🏽

Just bringing this over from the Narkle thread where there was some conversation about Dahlhaus. I might be on my own wrt Dahl, but I've enjoyed his team ethic and hardness at the ball and endeavour this season. Works hard. Never put puts head down. Haven't seen him shirk a contest. Surprised at all the criticism tbh. For me, he's the type of player that will be prepared to do the hard things in big moments in finals. We don't need him to be getting a lot of marks and kicks and goals. He's providing a lot of pressure to open up the space for the one's who should - I e. our better ball users and tall forwards.

Just bringing this over from the Narkle thread where there was some conversation about Dahlhaus. I might be on my own wrt Dahl, but I've enjoyed his team ethic and hardness at the ball and endeavour this season. Works hard. Never put puts head down. Haven't seen him shirk a contest. Surprised at all the criticism tbh. For me, he's the type of player that will be prepared to do the hard things in big moments in finals. We don't need him to be getting a lot of marks and kicks and goals. He's providing a lot of pressure to open up the space for the one's who should - I e. our better ball users and tall forwards.

Agree with all of this. Some of it you only really see live at the game.

Just think he is one of those players that don't have opposition coaches saying "right, what do we do about this guy?"

If he could get on the scoreboard a bit more or link up for some assists it would really make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never understood why the club went for this guy in the beginning and why he continues getting games in a position of the field we so desperately need a player with speed.
The continued adulation . . . I don't get it at all.

Be great if Higgins and Dahlhaus both quit and we could get 2 more players in the midseason draft

Not sure a player can just "quit" during the season to open up a list spot, it would need to be based on a player retiring or being unavailable due to medical reasons - not sure that's the case with either player

Not sure a player can just "quit" during the season to open up a list spot, it would need to be based on a player retiring or being unavailable due to medical reasons - not sure that's the case with either player
You don't mean to tell me that they would be looking to continue their careers elsewhere after quitting at Geelong? What other reason would there be for them to quit other than retirement or a medical reason?

So Dalhaus has a roast account and Sav has a toast?
Seems legit

I think the original poster who started this thread was a moderator and he has gone back and edited the original titles as time has gone by.
It's laughable to even be applauding a small forward who averages a goal every second game but I guess the bar was set fairly low back in June of 2019.

The return of Miers means Dahlhaus is now expendable. Close providing pressure and occasionally hitting the scoreboard, Miers reliably kicking his 1-2 goals a game. That’s our best team balance.
I'd prefer Dahlhaus.
Miers has done nothing to improve his substandard kicking- most unreliable.
Perhaps he has some goal sense, but if he is our Dahl replacement, we gain nothing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back