Roast Luke Dahlhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah... not giving much right now. Underdone and playing him to get fitness but either way... not giving us a cracker

GO Catters

Shouldn't be in the team at the moment because his fitness isn't there. If he can get that back up to standard he's got a role to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came in round 1 off no preseason having played a grand final in nearly November. He is clearly very under done. The rest of the side is also fairly under done but he stands out as not contributing. He shouldn't have come straight in.

Injuries probably mean we carry him until he's fit but I'm not happy about it

Came in round 1 off no preseason having played a grand final in nearly November. He is clearly very under done. The rest of the side is also fairly under done but he stands out as not contributing. He shouldn't have come straight in.

Injuries probably mean we carry him until he's fit but I'm not happy about it

I wonder if it's so much carrying him until his fit or carrying him as we don't necessarily have too many other options

Maybe we could have played Frankie in round 1 instead of him, but we seem a bit short on options after that and with Frankie now injured it's not going to help things; Close is returning from injury and I think has had 1 VFL practice match so might be in a similar situation in terms of being underdone if he was to come into the seniors, Higgins is now injured and Simpson is still out of action for now

It's kinda like they know he's not 100% but still feel they can get more from him than the other potentially available players. If Close can get through another VFL match (especially with the season starting this coming weekend), then that may well put pressure on him for the following week, along with Rohan being eligible to return from suspension

I wonder if it's so much carrying him until his fit or carrying him as we don't necessarily have too many other options

Maybe we could have played Frankie in round 1 instead of him, but we seem a bit short on options after that and with Frankie now injured it's not going to help things; Close is returning from injury and I think has had 1 VFL practice match so might be in a similar situation in terms of being underdone if he was to come into the seniors, Higgins is now injured and Simpson is still out of action for now

It's kinda like they know he's not 100% but still feel they can get more from him than the other potentially available players. If Close can get through another VFL match (especially with the season starting this coming weekend), then that may well put pressure on him for the following week, along with Rohan being eligible to return from suspension
Potentially true, but close kicked 4 in the vfl the week before. I know it was one way traffic that game but 4 goals to be says he has to be in better nick than Dahlhaus.

I think we'll see close in for Higgins this week as I think the Lever/May/Gawn backline would easily negate any marking option we throw there. We will need the ball to hit the deck and beat them there I think

Great. I had to be the OP.

VFL Luke.

We all have those in the system ... CE

Its apparent what he bring while we are playing this possession style. He is not shy etc ... just not to my taste. Its not say he doesnt do some good things every now and then... but at his age and experience and maturity. He should be spending sometime helping in the middle.

We all have those in the system ... CE

Its apparent what he bring while we are playing this possession style. He is not shy etc ... just not to my taste. Its not say he doesnt do some good things every now and then... but at his age and experience and maturity. He should be spending sometime helping in the middle.
I think when he’s contributing it needs to be more balance between attack and defence. He’s got to at least be setting up goals if he’s not hitting the scoreboard himself. He has nine score involvements in three games which isn’t nothing but to put it into perspective Hawkins has 24, Guthrie and Selwood 18 each and Miers - who isn’t even going that well - has 13.

And then on the defensive side he has only 6 tackles for the season. If that’s your 1-wood you need 6 per game at least.

I think when he’s contributing it needs to be more balance between attack and defence. He’s got to at least be setting up goals if he’s not hitting the scoreboard himself. He has nine score involvements in three games which isn’t nothing but to put it into perspective Hawkins has 24, Guthrie and Selwood 18 each and Miers - who isn’t even going that well - has 13.

And then on the defensive side he has only 6 tackles for the season. If that’s your 1-wood you need 6 per game at least.

I dont think he has a one wood..he plays 18 holes with a driving iron

Remove this Banner Ad

Back