Luke Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

When its a close game, the Ch10 team always bang on about the side that is down. So if there is an upset they can "claim" it. Walls and Lane are Carlton supporters so their commentary on Blues games is always over the top. Its annoying to a Carlton supporter also.

Quartermaine is the worst. Always goes over board on the commentary when something decent happens. I ge the feeling he wants his own "Jeza, you beauty" moment. So he can be remembered in x years time as the dude who yelled out something stupid when magic happens on the footy field.

BTW, well done on the win. Good luck next week.
Great post - totally agree with your point on Quartermaine. He bigs up too many moments.

And he's a Carlton man, he must of died inside, great calling from him :thumbsu:

And he is a Carlton supporter.
Yeah I know... Massive respect for the old guy.

Danny Green must've really scared the sh*t out of him on BTG :D

He tried to when Judd got half an inch off the ground in the last quarter.

Exactly! Every time Judd/Goods/Ablett/Franklin go near the ball he screams over the top to try and make their average/decent act into an act of pure magic .

As a non-WCE supporter, I honestly haven't noticed the Darcy hate towards you guys. I will try and pay more attention next week.

Was just another insipid commentary performance by Luke Darcy. I agree with the guy who said he is commentating it as if the whole of Australia supports Carlton and the Eagles are a different country.
Even though I hate the crap Lane babbles on about usually, he was faultless tonight and is a credit to him.
Quartermain and Blight were very bad too.

yeah i normally like duke on triple m in melbourne but the last 2 weeks...... oh boy

it seemed like every time a carlon player did anything it was "exceptionally brave", but whenever waters, embley and kerr crashed in like theres no tomorrow that was just ok

Much better this week thanks to Tim Lane. As others have said he brought some calm and order into the box. Was a credit to him :thumbsu:, Darcy however was equally bad. If it was up to him Judd would get 3 brownlow votes based on last nights game. He was everywhere (or atleast Darce thought so)

To be fair, Tuohy's goal was pretty awesome, something you'd expect Judd to do..

But to not be fair, Luke Darcy is a hack. Must have a deep hatred of WC.

Lucky for me I was at the game. How did his commentary compare to last weeks? Based on last week I can't see how it could have been worse.

It was bog ordinary and I've only listened to about 5 minutes of it. Then the continual replay of Walker's "should have been a free kick" after the match I threw the remote, after muting it, of course. :D But that was Quartermaine or Christian (I think, I just know it wasn't Darcy).

EDIT: Realised 10 will probably have the prelim as well. Thank goodness it's their last. I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember correctly, he said Warnock held his own against Cox and Nic Nat. The Sunday Times says we won the hitouts 61-36.

He was also hugely biased last week v collingwood, no doubt wanting to suck eddies a-hole before their Sunday breakfast radio show or whatever it is.

Iv'e heard he was a soft and selfish player in his time(from terry wallace?), he never won a flag even tho the dogs had some great players in that time. This mediocre career in footy has only gotten worse with his occasional outlandish media snipes and just generally being a media suck-hole.

Him, quarters and wallsy make me sick, so do hutchy and caro without Carey to put them in their place. Grant thomas just exudes bitterness. those two Monday night footy shows are the poorest excuses of sporting analysis i've ever come across.

Thats my two cents anyway

If I remember correctly, he said Warnock held his own against Cox and Nic Nat. The Sunday Times says we won the hitouts 61-36.

That's holding your own, didn't you know that? :rolleyes:

Maybe Darcy thinks it's not fair that Warnock has to play against the ruckman with the scary hair! :D (refer to the Naitanui Music Video on the Eagles page).

Used to like him, but geez he has started spewing some rubbish since the s**t hit the fan with the Bulldogs.

A few weeks ago on OWAAT he said Ayce Cordy would have been a top 3 draft pick if the dogs didn't get him father son. If it had been breakfast time I'd have choked on my cornflakes.

He was also hugely biased last week v collingwood, no doubt wanting to suck eddies a-hole before their Sunday breakfast radio show or whatever it is.

Iv'e heard he was a soft and selfish player in his time(from terry wallace?), he never won a flag even tho the dogs had some great players in that time. This mediocre career in footy has only gotten worse with his occasional outlandish media snipes and just generally being a media suck-hole.

Him, quarters and wallsy make me sick, so do hutchy and caro without Carey to put them in their place. Grant thomas just exudes bitterness. those two Monday night footy shows are the poorest excuses of sporting analysis i've ever come across.

Thats my two cents anyway
Lets make this easier, which commentators do you like? :p

When I think it was Tuohy who kicked that goal, did anyone hear Darcy go "oh Shiit hehe". It was actually as if his little vagina was having an orgasm. So unprofessional.
LOL, yep. Thought I was hearing things and replayed it a few times on the tivo, it's definitely what he said.

So unprofessional. Makes you wonder if he had a few bob on the blues.

Used to like him, but geez he has started spewing some rubbish since the s**t hit the fan with the Bulldogs.

A few weeks ago on OWAAT he said Ayce Cordy would have been a top 3 draft pick if the dogs didn't get him father son. If it had been breakfast time I'd have choked on my cornflakes.

Also said Scully is the same size as Buckley.....Where the hell would you get that idea from???!

He's a hack, absolutely beyond doubt.

Wtf is wrong with him? Last night he made Tim Lane look like a complete neutral, that's how bad he was.
He obviously dislikes our club, I'm not sure why, but I've noticed it a few times this year. I realise that the commentary box likes to see the underdog make a game out of it, and Carlton were up against it going into the match, but he was out of control. Also, he was verbally making love to Collingwood last week when we were obvious underdogs so I can only assume it's a Vic parochialism thing.
If he wants to hate on us, fine, but GTFO of the commentary box muppet.

Also, I wish Malcolm blight would stop mumbling inane rubbish like a senile old geezer. Every free kick "oh.......well.......geez.......you'd just......I dunno.....I mean maybe it's there......but........aaaaaah.......I dunno"

Is he going out with warnock?

If he's not already, I think he'd like to, seeing as Juddy's not available.

Darcy at it again in the game lift out today. Mumford ahead of cox and kreuzer ahead of nicnat in his top 5 ruck list. I can see the merit of sandi ahead of cox, however i still think cox is the better player, but the other two are just laughably bad suggestions.

Must really just despise west coast, his comments after the final against carlton were completely unprofessional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back