Luke Davis-Uniacke. Will he ever live up to the media hype that he receives?

Promising talent I guess. Weird that a proven performer like Goldstein gets zero hype his whole career while some other kids show glimpses and get talked up like the next big thing (Mason Wood, Shaun Atley, Luke McDonald) etc etc
Luke McDonald did win a club B&F recently.

From what I have seen of Will Phillips he is a very sound selection, but I am scratching my head as to why he is not being selected at present. As for Davies-Maniac, he got going quite nicely towards the end of 2020, and really looked at home in AFL ranks.
The beauty of threads like these is their immense potential to totally not go wrong at all.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lloyd said that before he was drafted didn't he? Also wtte of LDU being the best young player he'd ever coached.

IMO the jury is still out on how good he will be. But he won't be sh*t.
That was said during the off season

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
If North had lost to the Lions final round 2017 they could have drafted Rayner and we would have likely been stuck with Brayshaw
Would have sucked for the Lions to be ‘stuck’ with the better player

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He said it before the draft in 2017 when everyone expected LDU to not get to us.
A54C0726-A6C9-4DAA-B0CA-07E452E87A06.jpeg

No he didn’t.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still cannot believe you guys passed on Logan for Jamarra, that is the worst decision in the history of the draft!
Your joke wasn’t funny the first time you said it. It’s definitely not funny now either.
But I can certainly understand the jealousy from a supporter who’s team is battling big time, the one of the most talented players gets gifted by one of the leagues contenders. You’d be jumping for joy if JUH was at North. Definitely don’t agree with the NGA rules at all.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still cannot believe you guys passed on Logan for Jamarra, that is the worst decision in the history of the draft!

The Dogs used picks 29, 33, 41, 42, 52, 54 to match the Jamarra bid. In what world does Logan last until pick 29?

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your joke wasn’t funny the first time you said it. It’s definitely not funny now either.
But I can certainly understand the jealousy from a supporter who’s team is battling big time, the one of the most talented players gets gifted by one of the leagues contenders. You’d be jumping for joy if JUH was at North. Definitely don’t agree with the NGA rules at all.

Jealousy?

Interesting label from the poster who has started multiple anti-norf threads recently. Seems like you're pretty embittered, and I'm fascinated to understand why.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Like every North Melbourne player since Wayne shagged Kelli, his ceiling is most likely:

‘very good player but not the best around and generally comparable to other teams very good players, but no better’

He too can look forward to the dizzy heights of being ‘ROBBED!’ of All Australian selection and eventually achieving the status of ‘stalwart’.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jealousy?

Interesting label from the poster who has started multiple anti-norf threads recently. Seems like you're pretty embittered, and I'm fascinated to understand why.
That would be something that would fascinate you. I’m just questioning why LDU is rated as highly as he is in the media. And can’t understand how and why you’d pass on Logan McDonald for an inside mid.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That would be something that would fascinate you. I’m just questioning why LDU is rated as highly as he is in the media. And can’t understand how and why you’d pass on Logan McDonald for an inside mid.

Why's Jamarra rated so highly? Can't even get a game.

Still can't believe you took him instead of Logan, worse call then taking Tambling over Buddy.

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
he looks like a pretty special player to me.

has shown a lot in patches. just needs to find consistency. that should start to come over the next couple of seasons, now that he's played 30 or so games. hopefully he gets a better run with injury.

heres a nice clip of his first few years if all these posters genuinely dont know who he is or havent seen much of him:

you can see him building nicely.

Nah, he's crap and so is your team.

Back