TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
If Luke even becomes half the player Lenny was we've done well. Glad they got one season together for Lenny to show him how it's done on field

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wheat-free Dunstan ready to step into Hayes' shoes

"THE MID-SEASON discovery of a wheat intolerance has set St Kilda youngster Luke Dunstan on a path towards becoming a leaner and more dangerous midfielder this pre-season.

The 19-year-old was over halfway into his first AFL season when it became apparent he had bulked up too much for his height of 184cm.

He was also feeling sluggish and finding it hard to run around after eating what he thought was a normal breakfast, including toast.

So the Saints' dietician suggested he forego foods containing wheat for 10 days – and the results were almost immediate.

"I dropped two or three kilos in about three weeks and I was back down to what they wanted me to be at for my playing weight," Dunstan toldAFL.com.au.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-04/wheatfree-dunstan-ready-to-step-up

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wheat-free Dunstan ready to step into Hayes' shoes

"THE MID-SEASON discovery of a wheat intolerance has set St Kilda youngster Luke Dunstan on a path towards becoming a leaner and more dangerous midfielder this pre-season.

The 19-year-old was over halfway into his first AFL season when it became apparent he had bulked up too much for his height of 184cm.

He was also feeling sluggish and finding it hard to run around after eating what he thought was a normal breakfast, including toast.

So the Saints' dietician suggested he forego foods containing wheat for 10 days – and the results were almost immediate.

"I dropped two or three kilos in about three weeks and I was back down to what they wanted me to be at for my playing weight," Dunstan toldAFL.com.au.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-04/wheatfree-dunstan-ready-to-step-up

So next season we will see Dunstan 2.0 with better endurance, speed and fitness?

jizz_everywhere-8039.gif

Jul 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phillies
Thanks for posting that mate, otherwise I might have missed it. What a great article.

I'm just loving the consistent man love stories between Lenny and Lukey, and for Lenny to leave him a note in his locker.....bit cute.

But seriously just shows how much belief Lenny has in Luke to carry the pressure that comes with the number 7

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
They’re tight, the young Saints, something Dunstan believes will become one of the club’s greatest strengths in the years to come.

“We’re all pretty close and played against each other coming through the state carnivals and all that sort of stuff,” he said.

“The club has been pretty clear in what they want the plan to be and we’ve got full belief in that and can already see the improvement after the first week back at training back.

“We’re building something special I think.”

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
The kids seem to have a real sense of comraderie going. That's going to stand is in great stead over the next few years as they develop together.

Its certainly going to take some getting use to watching the 7 run around on someone else's back next season. Lenny couldn't have chosen a more fitting heir apparent but.

Back