Toast Luke Dunstan signs until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news and congrats Luke!

Mate if you can find a couple of yards of speed = space, over the preseason you can double the next contract. Do yourself a favour and get a running coach over the preseason and work on developing some separation speed and your tank. It will rocket your ball use, and value to the team incredibly.

Great news and congrats Luke!

Mate if you can find a couple of yards of speed = space, over the preseason you can double the next contract. Do yourself a favour and get a running coach over the preseason and work on developing some separation speed and your tank. It will rocket your ball use, and value to the team incredibly.

I have a feeling that the club would have been doing that for every year he has played with us.

We've had a lot of s**t times recently but credit goes to the club and list management team for ensuring that no one since, if I remember, Jamie Cripps has requested a trade, while still holding a large warchest to lure big names. That's pretty remarkable

Last edited:

Best year since his debut one. Finally regained the confidence and consistency we all thought he was capable of. The most noticeable improvement i see is in his penetrating kicks. An improved tank is also making a world of difference.

True heart and soul player. Who knows, if he keeps it up he may still get the chance to captain us one day. Well done.

He's always had a knack for finding and winning the football- his possies/minute has always been fantastic. (Ie averaging ~20 possies off only ~60% TOG)

I agree his improved endurance this year is a big factor.
Now he's been able to play regularly more than 75% TOG his stats look much better even though his possies/minute rate hasn't changed much.

Hopefully his shoulders continue to hold up and his tank continues to improve because we desperately need a ball winner or 3 like him.

Pretty amazing stat, was probably unlucky to get dropped after 20 touches, 12 contested, 8 tackles, 3 clearances, 3 i50's in round 3.

I absolutely agree......what an amazing stat.

I knew he's had a good year......didn't think it would be a really good year.

Great stuff Luke.

Yep, has a reputation of not being the best kick, but i think that has improved a lot this year. Has hit up some beauties lace out this season

And has kicked some great goals this year.

A few of them really surprised me.

He's always had a knack for finding and winning the football- his possies/minute has always been fantastic. (Ie averaging ~20 possies off only ~60% TOG)

I agree his improved endurance this year is a big factor.
Now he's been able to play regularly more than 75% TOG his stats look much better even though his possies/minute rate hasn't changed much.

Hopefully his shoulders continue to hold up and his tank continues to improve because we desperately need a ball winner or 3 like him.
I don’t think it was ever about fitness. It was his pace and spread or lack there of plus the fact Ross was a full time mid and most importantly Steven was playing. I’ve never understood the fitness call.

We've had a lot of s**t times recently but credit goes to the club and list management team for ensuring that no one since, if I remember, Jamie Cripps has requested a trade, while still holding a large warchest to lure big names. That's pretty remarkable

I think part of that is that we haven't had a lot of gun players that others lust after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back