List Mgmt. Luke Edwards 2020 Draft Plan - Crows Need More Edwardses

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Edwards_Facebook.jpg
[From Facebook 2017: (L-to-R) Luke, Jackson, Brodie ]

When is the too early "next Edwards son" thread going to start?
Should definitely have a thread dedicated to Luke and his performances in games over 2018 and 2019. Very early days but he's much more highly rated than Jackson.

Let's hope 2 3 years (and counting down) is not enough time for the A(V)FL to change the F-S rules to make it hard for us.

Luke Watch
Luke Edwards 12-Jan-02 GFC 186 73 (2018 MCDONALD’S SA U16 SQUAD - 2018-06-05)
. Edwards, ... was named in the midfield of the under-16s All Australian side after averaging 16 disposals for South Australia
. Luke Edwards - SportsTG Player Profile

. Luke's u16 stats for Glenelg

. Crow great's son on draft radar with U17 Australian selection
. Ruled out of the 2017 AFL U16 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS carnival with a broken arm.
. SA Under 15 Football Team, 23rd-31st July, Maroochydore QLD
. ... before breaking his wrist in the final quarter, had a telling influence, although his marque kicking was below his usual high standard. (SANFL Under 16 2017 grand final)
. Henley High, collected the 2015 Year 8-9 Metro Schools Knockout Cup ... Luke Edwards and Jack Lukosius were also prominent.

Luke's 2018 SANFL U16 TORRENS UNIVERSITY CUP ( RESULTS WEBPAGES )
R1 - Did not play ...... [ Glenelg 19.15-129 - North Adelaide 4.2-26 ]
R2 - Did not play ...... [ Glenelg 7.5-47 - West Adelaide 11.14-80 ]
R3 - Did not play ...... [ Glenelg 13.7-85 - South Adelaide 8.11-59 ]
R4 - 2nd best, 3 goals [ Glenelg 16.10-106 - Sturt 8.13-61 ] Match 7 Apr 2018
R5 - 1st best ............ [ Glenelg 12.11-83 - Norwood 5.10-40 ] Match 22 Apr 2018
R6 - Did not play ...... [ Glenelg 6.8-44 - Eagles 17.12-114 ] Match 22 Apr 2018
R7 - 3rd best, 1 goal . [ Glenelg 18.14-122 - Centrals2.3-15 ] Match 28 Apr 2018

Luke's 2018 SANFL U18s TORRENS UNIVERSITY CUP ( RESULTS WEBPAGES )
R7 - Did not play
R8 - --- . [ Glenelg 0.0 - North Adelaide 0.0 ] Match 26 May 2018
Luke Edwards - SportsTG Player Profile

Brodie Watch
. Brodie Edwards - SportsTG Player Profile
. ... in the State SAPSASA team.

Also...
Famous names in Father-Son Academy

And as he's in Crows' NRG Academy and expected to be in 2020 draft:
James Borlase 18-Jul-02 SFC 190 83 (2018 MCDONALD’S SA U16 SQUAD - 2018-06-05)
. James Borlase (Sturt) - SportsTG Player Profile
James Borlase.jpeg

OTOH

... So the bad?
Speaking to the scout, the NGA system will be changed next year, or even dumped. We will not have first access to either Daniel Sladojevic or Anzac Lochowiak in 2019, nor James Borlase in 2020. [Cleric]

Last edited:

word has always been that he is the 'better of the 3' ... I'm excited by Jackson, (hence why I started the 'Way too early Jackson plan' thread back in 2016) I firmly believe he will be a really, really good player for the crows in time.. And if Luke is the 'better of the 3' Lookout!!

Exactly this. Guys who have only ever played as a Key position player are actually quite limited in there development, unless they are a Tom Lynch type endurance freak. And even he got traded before realising the true role he could play.

Personally I stopped growing at 15/16, and went from a permanent CHB to a back flanker, but could still run and carry as it is what I had always done and in a similar position. It was at a low level, but still kind of applicable.

Ideally Tyson would ask the club to give him a bit of time developing his ground ball skills in the midfield or intercept marking off of half back. It would improve his all round game and act as a fail safe should he stop growing at ~188-190cm.
How's this as an idea ... if the Edwards family don't hate the idea and Luke wants to develop his professional career as much as possible, what if Luke goes to boarding at a school in Victoria for the next two years so he can get involved in the TAC competition over there?

Make it a Vic country region (so he doesn't get seduced by the Vic Metro bug) and if it's in the Vic Central Highlands, maybe uncle Bicks can keep an eye on him for us :). AFC can maybe help with funding as part of their F-S Academy department.

We are going to create a dynasty.
imagine if the SANFL father-son rules weren't so draconian and we had the opportunity to pick up one or two already... namely Gibbs...

How's this as an idea ... if the Edwards family don't hate the idea and Luke wants to develop his professional career as much as possible, what if Luke goes to boarding at a school in Victoria for the next two years so he can get involved in the TAC competition over there?

Make it a Vic country region (so he doesn't get seduced by the Vic Metro bug) and if it's in the Vic Central Highlands, maybe uncle Bicks can keep an eye on him for us :). AFC can maybe help with funding as part of their F-S Academy department.
From what Bicks was saying, it already looks like he is playing as a mid, so no.need in this case ;)

However yes, I appreciate the TAC development, where players are developed into the best players they can be, rather than stagnating in a solitary role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should avoid the 'Port will bid on him to spite us" posts, as it seems Port will have 3 kids eligible in 2019.

Tex Wanganeen, Trent Burgoyne & Jackson Mead.
Geebus “ Tex” Wanganeen. Isn’t there some kind of copyright on that name. :eek:

Wanganeen's kid would be as likely to play for Essendon as Dangerfield's will be to play for us.

When your name is on the grandstand of your home ground, your kid ain't going anywhere else ;)

I know it's 3 years old but...

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-07/wanganeen-celebrates-win-over-power

Wanganeen hinted his son, Tex, now 10-years-old and part of the James Hird Academy, may one day follow his footsteps and don the sash for the Bombers.

“He loves both of the sides and in particular he loves his Bombers.”

Gavin designed Essendon's 2016 Indigenous guernsey.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-father-afl-legend-gavin-20160524-gp2zp8.html

I know it's 3 years old but...

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-07/wanganeen-celebrates-win-over-power

Wanganeen hinted his son, Tex, now 10-years-old and part of the James Hird Academy, may one day follow his footsteps and don the sash for the Bombers.

“He loves both of the sides and in particular he loves his Bombers.”

Gavin designed Essendon's 2016 Indigenous guernsey.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-father-afl-legend-gavin-20160524-gp2zp8.html
Gee what a shame it'd be if he chose the bombers.....

Wanganeen's kid would be as likely to play for Essendon as Dangerfield's will be to play for us.

When your name is on the grandstand of your home ground, your kid ain't going anywhere else ;)

Why? There's no bad blood between Danger and the Crows. Yes, the supporters still hold a grudge against Danger, but the club did everything it could in helping Danger to his club of choice. Some of Danger's best mates are still at the AFC (Sloane, Lynch and JJ). Danger was even photographed having a laugh next to his old locker in the AFC change rooms during the International Rules series. He spoke highly of us during his Brownlow acceptance speech, and has spoken highly of us on the footy show and in Grand Final week. I think Danger's kid(s) are just as likely to play for either side, just as I think Eddie's sons are just as likely to play for Carlton as they are to play for us.

2019 draft for 2020 Season. Turns 18 in 2019.
Not sure if I'm looking at the right person or dates or I've totally lost my mathematical ability but this says he turns 18 in 2020?

http://sanfl.com.au/2017-mcdonalds-sa-u16-squad/

I believe it is the 2020 draft that Luke is eligible for. Looking at Vader's "Father/Son Eligible Kids List" thread, it lists this for the Edwards kids:

Tyson Edwards
Jackson Edwards (2016)
Luke Edwards (2019)
Brodie Edwards (2020)

However, much of this list was done before the AFL changed the qualification dates, hence making Jackson eligible in 2017 insead of 2016, and I believe it will be the same for Luke.

Something I've just noticed - looking at the eligible draft years between the brothers, is there really only a year difference between Brodie and Luke? If so, there is some serious difference in height for only a year apart in age.

Why? There's no bad blood between Danger and the Crows. Yes, the supporters still hold a grudge against Danger, but the club did everything it could in helping Danger to his club of choice. Some of Danger's best mates are still at the AFC (Sloane, Lynch and JJ). Danger was even photographed having a laugh next to his old locker in the AFC change rooms during the International Rules series. He spoke highly of us during his Brownlow acceptance speech, and has spoken highly of us on the footy show and in Grand Final week. I think Danger's kid(s) are just as likely to play for either side, just as I think Eddie's sons are just as likely to play for Carlton as they are to play for us.
Eddie's yes, but Danger's? Not in a million years. Yes he played for us but he *always wanted to play for Geelong* His kids will grow up Geelong supporters in/near Geelong where he will be viewed as royalty. (but tbh, there is little to be gained from arguing over this! Check back in 16 years)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back