Luke Edwards Father/Son Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Jye Synderberry in that side. Has he fallen off a cliff . I don't see his name mentioned anywhere. West Adelaide boy I believe.
Was Lachlan Jones in this tournament. 2 years and he has the body of a man.
I don't know that Sinderberry has fallen off a cliff it's just that he's played a lot as a junior as an undersized KPD hasn't he?, that doesn't translate to well to AFL, but he got an invite to the draft combine so club's have him on the radar....probably struggles to get drafted IMO with list sizes expected to be downsized.

I can't recall if Jones played in those Championships or not.

Well, Luke is off to West Coast. If he is any good we might trade him back in a couple of years...
Probably best thing for him not to live in Dad's shadow.

About as likely as hell freezing over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on the lad, nothing like rejection to spur oneself on.

Young Eagle Luke Edwards determined to prove Adelaide Crows wrong
West Coast’s new recruit Luke Edwards will arrive in Perth determined to prove Adelaide recruiters wrong, after the Crows snubbed the youngster as a father-son pick.

Edwards, the son of Crows dual premiership player Tyson, admits it was “tough” to hear the club didn’t want him but was now focused on rewarding the Eagles, who took the 18-year-old with pick 52.

“I was obviously disappointed I can’t follow in Dad’s footsteps,” Edwards told SEN SA.

“But that’s the industry we live in, we have to make those tough calls.

“I’ve just got to prove them wrong and take my opportunity when it comes.

“I’m just focused on West Coast and doing everything right for them. They gave me an opportunity so it’s time to give back to them.”

Yeah, look, I saw an AFL player when I watched the futures game in Edwards. A good pick up for a contender noting Luke's versatility.

could make it but I think he’ll only be a vanilla player. Good skills, but not quick and I’m not sure he’s suited to play on inside. Could be a good workhorse with clean disposal though.

Good on him, but media’s 2-faced nature gives me the shits.

compare this what the media were saying when he might reject us.

doesn’t sound like he’s keen at all to get to the crows

luke and his family didn’t
actually put out the welcome mat to the crows. What can he expect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is ridiculous. The Crows said all along that they didn't nominate him to give him the chance to be drafted elsewhere. He was clearly below 38 on our talent list and was picked with 52. Judgement correct and operation successful. Did they really want a repeat of the situation with his brother? AFC were on a hiding to nothing either way.

could make it but I think he’ll only be a vanilla player. Good skills, but not quick and I’m not sure he’s suited to play on inside. Could be a good workhorse with clean disposal though.

Was roughly what I was thinking, seeing it's that and Edwards is really versatile.

Would be a nice piece on a team wanting a premiership seeing you could just set him wherever there is a problem and he'll do a pretty good job of patching it up, but I do get a team in the pits not being interested in someone like that.

Luke might not be great athletically but players with his composure, footy smarts amd very efficient foot skills aren't anything to be sneezed at.

I'll wait a few years before I rule the line through him.

His old man wasn't great athletically either but he forged a decent career and was certainly rated better than an average footballer.

Luke might not be great athletically but players with his composure, footy smarts amd very efficient foot skills aren't anything to be sneezed at.

I'll wait a few years before I rule the line through him.

His old man wasn't great athletically either but he forged a decent career and was certainly rated better than an average footballer.

don’t think I ruled a line through him, but ok.

This is ridiculous. The Crows said all along that they didn't nominate him to give him the chance to be drafted elsewhere. He was clearly below 38 on our talent list and was picked with 52. Judgement correct and operation successful. Did they really want a repeat of the situation with his brother? AFC were on a hiding to nothing either way.
If we didn't have Mackay, or Seedsman, or Davis we could've had a list spot open and matched with a pick in the 60's. Small price to pay for someone who was running around in the futures game and did well in that game FWIW. Might have even got him on to the rookie list seeing as WC might not have even bothered bidding if they knew we'd match.

We've made a call that he's no good

Good on us for having the courage of our convictions.

Time will tell if our judgment was correct.
We didn't rate Jackson and took him anyway because we bowed to the PR pressure on picking him. At least this time we didn't compromise our talent list.

If we didn't have Mackay, or Seedsman, or Davis we could've had a list spot open and matched with a pick in the 60's. Small price to pay for someone who was running around in the futures game and did well in that game FWIW. Might have even got him on to the rookie list seeing as WC might not have even bothered bidding if they knew we'd match.
And that's exactly why Edwards didn't want to go F/S.

I hope he does well.
From what I understand Luke and his family wanted a guarantee that he would be selected onto the main list, and the club wasn't willing to do that so they went their separate ways.

I hope he does well.
From what I understand Luke and his family wanted a guarantee that he would be selected onto the main list, and the club wasn't willing to do that so they went their separate ways.
Were we only offering him a rookie F/S spot? Similar to Jackson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back