Luke Edwards Father/Son Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not so sure that the three individuals either resigned or were sacked because of the decisions that were made leading up to the trade period. I believe there were many other issues that resulted with these three moving on.

However back to my point. I dont like it when people make a statement that might appear to be correct but if all the facts/reasons/circumstances are explained then the statement doesnt stand up. Take the story about salesman who makes a statement "we had a 20% growth this year. Its the biggest growth of all the companies. His business grew from 10 to 12. Yet the other companies who only had a 10% growth grew their business from 1000 to 1100." So the man bragging about his business isn't lying but he is being very deceptive. Just like a politician.

yeah that doesn’t make sense

What does this even mean? Do you have word that we are no chance?

It was in reference to those saying he's gone hence the question marks
Matthew Nicks' appointment is a very big positive in regards to young Luke Edwards....Tyson having given Nicks his seal of approval in the media last week.

Tinfoil hat stuff.

If he was that good how come he made it to our rookie picks ?? He didn't get the preferential treatment Tyson wanted and the family sooked up.

It's that simple.
So your confident that we treated him well? How can you be? Our culture as deplorable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This on the AFC website:

They are also set to benefit from the compromised nature of the draft, with priority access to 2020 prospects James Borlase (Next Generation Academy) and Luke Edwards (son of Tyson).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This on the AFC website:

They are also set to benefit from the compromised nature of the draft, with priority access to 2020 prospects James Borlase (Next Generation Academy) and Luke Edwards (son of Tyson).

We should be able to use all four of our picks in the first round (obviously dependent on pick swaps) and purchase Borlase and Edwards with all our accumulated third and fourth round picks. Unless Edwards sky rockets into the top 5.

So your confident that we treated him well? How can you be? Our culture as deplorable
How do you know that? While it might be true, is probably not the reason Edwards didn't make it with us. He unfortunately wasn't up to muster. Is why he made it through to rookie draft in the first place, and has not been picked up by another AFL club since.

Is there any chance we can change the name of this thread?

We’ve spent the last 3 months with massive Buzzkill thread titles everywhere, do we really want to voluntarily have this negativity out there for the next 12?
Why? The topic is still pretty relevant. I would really love for there to be some good news such as photos of Luke training with the club. Then we can all move on and think about how good he could be.
And unlike some have tried to paint this as a small section of supporters trying to muck rake over this issue, it actually came about by Lukes dad saying what he did. Some of us want to get some answers or clarification on where things stand now.

I don't see you pulling up others who make potshots at every other player. That's what I meant.
I’m actually often , along with you, calling for reason when I think it’s unfounded . It’s my opinion that the Edwards family are being blamed in here with no facts to back it up

I’m actually often , along with you, calling for reason when I think it’s unfounded . It’s my opinion that the Edwards family are being blamed in here with no facts to back it up
Blamed for what? (I may have missed the context on this one).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back