Luke Edwards Father/Son Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We should be able to use all four of our picks in the first round (obviously dependent on pick swaps) and purchase Borlase and Edwards with all our accumulated third and fourth round picks. Unless Edwards sky rockets into the top 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four picks in the first round? What? We have ours and GWS... did we pick up a couple others that I missed? I wish I could find a list of exactly who has who's picks next year...

Four picks in the first round? What? We have ours and GWS... did we pick up a couple others that I missed? I wish I could find a list of exactly who has who's picks next year...
Implying Edwards and Borlase go first round allowing us to use later picks to make up in points. Personally I cant see Borlase being a first rounder but happy to be wrong from what I have read.

Implying Edwards and Borlase go first round allowing us to use later picks to make up in points. Personally I cant see Borlase being a first rounder but happy to be wrong from what I have read.

Ah, ok, I think I misunderstood his comment talking about using our 4 picks in the first round AND get Borlase / Edwards with our 3rd and 4th rounders.

Looks promising?

The 2020 Crows Academies Squad have been released

Boys Acceleration Squad (16-18 yo)

Leek Aleer
Luke Edwards F/S
James Borlase

Sung Ok
Tariek Newchurch
Aiden Holland
Kynen Adams
Lam Simon
Diing Akur
Kobe Wilson
Isaiah Dudley
Blayne O'Loughlin
Jacob Lochowiak
Jaiya Warrior
Brandon Jackson Martin
Lowan Welch
Mani Welch
Aaron Zerk
Jaiden Dennie Richards
Thomas Byun
Foster Mesecke
Callan McKenzie
Isaac Keeler
Ayden Pribanic
Jay Warrior
Ethan Walker
Bohdi Simms
Dante Edwards
Declan Edwards
Cooper Huish
Dale Miller

Boys Elite Talent Squad (14-15 yo)
Izayah Kean
Jed Grabia
Ashton Moir
Bowen Payne
Eli Redman
Bodie Ryan
Benjamin Ridgway
Brock Summerhayes
Lochlan Thiele
Joseph Judd
Thomas McKay
Jed Dignan
Jack Dundon
Luke Harvey
Kane McCaulife
Angus Tully
Dante Edwards
Khantrelle Fielding
Dylan McLachlan
Mackenzie Boxall
Toby Turner
Lachlan Boscence
Kobe McEntee
Lachlan Murphy
George Pope
Loch Rawlinson
Jarrell Sampson
Luca Slade
Angus van de Berg
Waylon Casey
Callum Hart

Looks promising?

The 2020 Crows Academies Squad have been released

Boys Acceleration Squad (16-18 yo)

Leek Aleer
Luke Edwards F/S
James Borlase

Sung Ok
Tariek Newchurch
Aiden Holland
Kynen Adams
Lam Simon
Diing Akur
Kobe Wilson
Isaiah Dudley
Blayne O'Loughlin
Jacob Lochowiak
Jaiya Warrior
Brandon Jackson Martin
Lowan Welch
Mani Welch
Aaron Zerk
Jaiden Dennie Richards
Thomas Byun
Foster Mesecke
Callan McKenzie
Isaac Keeler
Ayden Pribanic
Jay Warrior
Ethan Walker
Bohdi Simms
Dante Edwards
Declan Edwards
Cooper Huish
Dale Miller

Boys Elite Talent Squad (14-15 yo)
Izayah Kean
Jed Grabia
Ashton Moir
Bowen Payne
Eli Redman
Bodie Ryan
Benjamin Ridgway
Brock Summerhayes
Lochlan Thiele
Joseph Judd
Thomas McKay
Jed Dignan
Jack Dundon
Luke Harvey
Kane McCaulife
Angus Tully
Dante Edwards
Khantrelle Fielding
Dylan McLachlan
Mackenzie Boxall
Toby Turner
Lachlan Boscence
Kobe McEntee
Lachlan Murphy
George Pope
Loch Rawlinson
Jarrell Sampson
Luca Slade
Angus van de Berg
Waylon Casey
Callum Hart
Yeah bolded fait accompli seemingly to be ours.
Jacob Lochowiak I have heard is the best Lochowiak so wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted him, not sure how old.

Yeah bolded fait accompli seemingly to be ours.
Jacob Lochowiak I have heard is the best Lochowiak so wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted him, not sure how old.

Played U16's for Sturt this year.

This article was from November 2018

The Norwood Payneham Union product is the eldest of five siblings – Anzac, 17, Jacob, 12, Mabel-Jean 11 and Jackson, 8, are the others – and says this has helped him develop leadership skills.

From what I saw in the U17's match .....on that game, would be lucky to get drafted .....has a big development year ahead of him

It is an annual thing where AFL Academy players train at clubs. So aligned and not aligned. Also SANFL clubs alignment for West Ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we should just start a new less negative thread about Luke Edwards. Let this one fall into insignificance

Thread title options
Luke Edwards: Team Optimist
Or
Luke Edwards: Our first F/S to get a game
Or
Ain’t no party like a Luke Edwards Party

Can someone please weave the same magic on the pre-season training thread?

I foolishly keep looking into the thread thinking there may be news on how training is going.
That's a bit harder.

giphy-com-life-control-e-gif.776737

Good to see him training at the club. Hopefully he has a good year and becomes a FS selection for us. Not totally sold on him yet, so will be interesting to see how he goes next year.

Glenelg’s Luke Edwards – son of dual Adelaide premiership player Tyson Edwards – can become Crows’ third father-son selection

He is the skilful Glenelg midfielder who Adelaide can make its third father-son selection next year.
Luke Edwards – the son of dual Adelaide premiership player and 321-gamer Tyson Edwards – is this week training with the Crows, who have access to him in the 2020 draft.
Next year the 187cm, 78kg on-baller will look to enhance his prospects by breaking into the reigning SANFL premier’s league team and performing well for SA’s under-18s. It is understood he simply wants to be drafted and does not mind if that is to Adelaide, despite Jackson’s previous disappointment at his own exit from West Lakes, or elsewhere.
Glenelg football manager Paul Sandercock told The Advertiser the club expected Luke would play in league ranks before the end of the season.
“He’s got a lot of talent, there’s no doubt about that,” Sandercock said.
“He’s got good skills and reads the play really well.
“He makes good decisions with the ball and is really clean with his hands, doesn’t fumble much, is well balanced.”
Sandercock said Luke would probably play wing, half-back or half-forward when he played league football but would eventually become a midfielder at AFL level.
“We’re looking forward to seeing how he progresses this year,” he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back