Luke Edwards Father/Son Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Scouting notes: Under-17 Futures (2019)

#18 Luke Edwards (Glenelg)

The potential Adelaide father-son has composure beyond his years and looks a versatile type. Starting in his usual half-back role, Edwards showed great composure in his disposal coming out of defence and worked hard to impact the play further afield once he had released the ball himself. His intercept marking game was also sound, reading the ball well in flight to get in the right position on defensive wing. He is the accumulating type in the backline, but looks a different player once thrown into the midfield with his strong hands and frame allowing him to play that inside game. His smart handballs out of congestion were terrific in the second half, especially at centre bounces, and he would benefit from spending more time there.

Sounds like a good long term Luke Brown replacement.

He’d have to a genuine potential star to even want to bother. His older brother is as much of a head case as his parents.

Spat the dummy at Werribee because he wanted to do his own training and diet regime which was based on some social media/personal trainer who seems to base 99% of his s**t on pseudoscience.

There were rumors he did similar weird s**t at the crows.

Hey maybe big brother is the only head case?

He’d have to a genuine potential star to even want to bother. His older brother is as much of a head case as his parents.

Spat the dummy at Werribee because he wanted to do his own training and diet regime which was based on some social media/personal trainer who seems to base 99% of his s**t on pseudoscience.

I thought he is touted as a top 10 pick.

also thought he wasnt interested in being a crow

I’d be pretty annoyed if people judged me on what my brothers do

Plenty of people talked up his brother as well. I’ll believe it when I see it.
You'll be a believer when you see him play....bigger, stronger, faster and much, much better at the contested side of the game.....and a far more penetrating kick. I'd be confident if he is prepared to be nominated by Adelaide as a father/son it will be us that will be matching a bid next year. He won't be getting through to the rookie draft....

You'll be a believer when you see him play....bigger, stronger, faster and much, much better at the contested side of the game.....and a far more penetrating kick. I'd be confident if he is prepared to be nominated by Adelaide as a father/son it will be us that will be matching a bid next year. He won't be getting through to the rookie draft....
Where’s he projected to go at this stage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s he projected to go at this stage?
No later than the 2nd round....U17's that represent their State at the U18 Championships puts him in a pretty exclusive zone re the following year's draft as does getting an invite to play in the U17's Future Stars match as the curtain raiser to the Grand Final.

Hope you're right!

Who's the social media PT you speak of here?

I know Christian Woodford does his S&C programming - whilst he's a loud mouth, christian knows his s**t.

Speaking of which I only just noticed woodford posted this up recently as well.. pretty amusing.

I know Christian Woodford does his S&C programming - whilst he's a loud mouth, christian knows his s**t.

Speaking of which I only just noticed woodford posted this up recently as well.. pretty amusing.

Woah. Harsh, but deserved. Pretty sure Brett's qualifications was a bachelor of human movement degree he got at UniSA while playing footy (because we were at uni around the same time), which is not much really because most do this degree to move into physiotherapy or PE teacher.

This is probably the closest any of us will ever get to seeing the exact wording of the external review report :p

Woah. Harsh, but deserved. Pretty sure Brett's qualifications was a bachelor of human movement degree he got at UniSA while playing footy (because we were at uni around the same time), which is not much really because most do this degree to move into physiotherapy or PE teacher.

Spot on.. like I said Woodford is extremely outspoken but when it comes to our field I'm stoked that he's such a huge voice and talks up. He would have had a bit of an insight into the club's history as well as he worked with Jarryd Lyons (the year before he left to GCS) and recently worked with Edwards.

He's not wrong there, but Woodford was the loose nutter who threw a childish tantrum about Jack Higgins because he didn't help spruik his business or something like that.

Yeah that'd be Christian. Widely outspoken, stupidly passionate where it comes across that he's a complete flog. But at least he calls people out on their BS - like that time he called out Kane Cornes.

Yeah that'd be Christian. Widely outspoken, stupidly passionate where it comes across that he's a complete flog. But at least he calls people out on their BS - like that time he called out Kane Cornes.

I mean, I would understand you have a greater insight into him as a person - but purely based on his social media presence he comes across as hugely unprofessional and someone you'd want to steer clear of if you could help it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back