News Luke Edwards not ruling out snubbing Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Tig017

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Edwards recently told other AFL clubs he was willing to use the 2020 season, where he will play for Glenelg in the SANFL, to test the open market and that he was not prepared to make a commitment to the Crows.

It is known the Edwards family was concerned with aspects of the post-2017 season Crows camp, which was attended by Luke's older brother Jackson and which was the cause of major fallout and a breakdown of trust between the playing group and club staff.

I wonder if the Edwards family raised concerns and were ignored? That Tyson then spoke to a few people about it outside the club and it's where the noise came from? That they then blamed Tyson and that he then felt the club took it out on Jackson?
If anything like that happened I wouldn't be surprised if Luke stayed away from the club. they would need to know that everything in the club has changed, but you have to think that if Tyson approached people who are still there and was brushed off, then there would be a great deal of anger still at the club.

Who else but us could balls up the recruiting of the son of a 300 game player.

We whinge and moan at the advantages Vic clubs have had via use of this rule - we finally get a chance to get a leg up on a high quality kid and we may blow it?

The extent to which this club continues to shoot itself in the foot is just astonishing.

Who else but us could balls up the recruiting of the son of a 300 game player.

We whinge and moan at the advantages Vic clubs have had via use of this rule - we finally get a chance to get a leg up on a high quality kid and we may blow it?

The extent to which this club continues to shoot itself in the foot is just astonishing.
Talk about an overreaction Peter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that his personal views and views of his family then do we really want him, how will he perform when the going gets tough.
Use our Picks on players who want to be here and will play when needed.
Similar thoughts but why would he would a 17yo have this put out there before the season has started. Has Tyson fallen out with the club so much. He would be advising his son. If a local F/s does not want to the AFC then why would interstate recruits want to come here?

The gripe from Tyson at the time, was that committing to the Crows stopped other clubs from seriously considering Jackson. Then it came out (late) that the Crows only rated him for the rookie draft, when it was (arguably, by Tyson) too late to get Jackson on another club's main list.

I think that Jackson just wasn't that attractive to other clubs, who could have picked him up late in the main draft without having done much/ any homework.

Given that background, it's not surprising that Tyson now wants to get other clubs to look into Luke. Tyson/ Luke will also likely want to see what role/ opportunity Luke is likely to get if he joins the Crows, before making a decision.

Given Tyson is clearly a fan of Nicks, I suspect that Luke will nominate for us if he gets comfortable that the Crows will give him games and that there is a back up of other clubs who rate him highly, if the Crows don't value him highly enough to use a high pick on him.

Similar thoughts but why would he would a 17yo have this put out there before the season has started. Has Tyson fallen out with the club so much. He would be advising his son. If a local F/s does not want to the AFC then why would interstate recruits want to come here?
Think it more about the author of the article bringing up old news "Damian Barrett" , Most of what he reported was mentioned last year,

The gripe from Tyson at the time, was that committing to the Crows stopped other clubs from seriously considering Jackson. Then it came out (late) that the Crows only rated him for the rookie draft, when it was (arguably, by Tyson) too late to get Jackson on another club's main list.

I think that Jackson just wasn't that attractive to other clubs, who could have picked him up late in the main draft without having done much/ any homework.

Given that background, it's not surprising that Tyson now wants to get other clubs to look into Luke. Tyson/ Luke will also likely want to see what role/ opportunity Luke is likely to get if he joins the Crows, before making a decision.

Given Tyson is clearly a fan of Nicks, I suspect that Luke will nominate for us if he gets comfortable that the Crows will give him games and that there is a back up of other clubs who rate him highly, if the Crows don't value him highly enough to use a high pick on him.
Hamish has pretty much said they didn't rate him and only took him because they were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position.

If we didn't take Jackson as a F/S then Tyson still would have been pissed at us when no one else took him.

I wonder if the Edwards family raised concerns and were ignored? That Tyson then spoke to a few people about it outside the club and it's where the noise came from? That they then blamed Tyson and that he then felt the club took it out on Jackson?
If anything like that happened I wouldn't be surprised if Luke stayed away from the club. they would need to know that everything in the club has changed, but you have to think that if Tyson approached people who are still there and was brushed off, then there would be a great deal of anger still at the club.
Firstly, the first year players didn’t go on the special part of “the camp”.

Secondly, Jackson was delisted because he lacks the strength to be an inside midfielder and the pace to be an outside midfielder in the AFL. His performance at Werribee confirms that selecting him as a rookie (along with Ben Jarman) was “generous”.

Son of a 300 game player - should be a no brainer.
The only person insinuating that its not is Damien Barrett though, and he drew that conclusion from an interview given by his manager assuring the complete opposite was the case!

Thats like saying you don't believe that water is wet anymore because Scoop McClure reported it whilst sitting in a swimming pool

Last edited:
The only person insinuating that its not is Damien Barrett though, and he drew that conclusion from an interview given by his manager assuring the complete opposite was the case!

Thats like saying you don't believe that water is wet because Scoop McClure reported it whilst sitting in a swimming pool
The story was that he is presently non commital.

For me, the very fact he is non commital is a story in itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back