Rumour Luke Hodge to Geelong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are aware that it was just Hutchy speculating on a deal that he thinks would work for all parties yeah? I may have missed it but I'm pretty sure he never said it was actually happening

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
People are aware that it was just Hutchy speculating on a deal that he thinks would work for all parties yeah? I may have missed it but I'm pretty sure he never said it was actually happening
:'( Hence banished to the rumours board.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
go ok at the lions for a season to guide the kids for a season and then slip into coaching after that maybe

There's plenty to suggest he's more interested in media than coaching, as he doesn't want to miss time with his young boys that assistant coaching would force.

Can't see him doing anything other than retiring.
I heard an interview with him the other day where he suggested he'd like to focus on his family for a while.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
He'll be joining his old mate Chris Fagan at the Lions on a 1 year playing coach role followed by 2 years as an assistant. Have a look at Fagan on the couch last night and read between the lines.

Steven Gank

Rookie
May 6, 2017
Malaysia
AFL Club
Essendon
He'll be joining his old mate Chris Fagan at the Lions on a 1 year playing coach role followed by 2 years as an assistant. Have a look at Fagan on the couch last night and read between the lines.
Nah my mate knows the senior coach at MC's and he's pretty certain it's a done deal so, not the Lions.

There's a big whisper on Bontempelli going to Melton Centrals next year in a captain / coach role. Big cash too.
I'm not sure his form is good enough at this point to step up like that D

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Whats in it for Hodge?
Its not like he is going to serve a great apprenticeship under Chris Scott.
Surely if he wanted to, he could find a better coach to learn under, and improve his chances of coaching alone by staying at the Hawks .
I would say he will be on the Box not in it next year

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
But by was trying to start a story about geelongs window closing, and next yr being their last shot at it. He was saying they could go for hodge because "hawthorn have form" in trading players.
He even said he had heard nothing, and was just posing the question - of corse, it couldn't be heard because everyone was laughing at the absurdity.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
But by was trying to start a story about geelongs window closing, and next yr being their last shot at it. He was saying they could go for hodge because "hawthorn have form" in trading players.
He even said he had heard nothing, and was just posing the question - of corse, it couldn't be heard because everyone was laughing at the absurdity.
All true from my recollection

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So the Cats with a mix of Murdoch, Kolodjashnij, Bews, Ruggles, Thurlow, Tuohey, Cowan and Stewart competing for 4 non-KP defensive roles in 2018 go after a 33 year old non-KP defender who would last 1 season at best? Not saying any are kicking the door down for AA selection (Tuohey maybe gets in the squad if he has a good finish to the year), but I don't think Hodge is solving any problems.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I blame Bokonon_, but it seems people take what Hutchy says way way WAY too seriously.
The OP was just for discussion. I said I though it was absurd. I was careful to be respectful, although it's not hard I get he deserves much respect. It was hardly trolling. If you beleive it was pointless:relaxed: maybe fair enough.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Whats in it for Hodge?
Its not like he is going to serve a great apprenticeship under Chris Scott.
Surely if he wanted to, he could find a better coach to learn under, and improve his chances of coaching alone by staying at the Hawks .
I would say he will be on the Box not in it next year
Is Chris Scott definitively better or worse than Adam Simpson?

The OP was just for discussion. I said I though it was absurd. I was careful to be respectful, although it's not hard I get he deserves much respect. It was hardly trolling. If you beleive it was pointless:relaxed: maybe fair enough.
Nah, I mean, people actually argue as to why it won't happen. People take Hutchy's rubbish way to seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back