Luke Hodge vs the Balding Flog - Is There a Bigger Knob than Damien Barrett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sliding Doors continues to mystify. It’s never had a single sliding door in it. Why? If he wants a column to talk s**t then just do one. Why the failed attempts to shoehorn it into this unsuitable “sliding doors” format? It only serves to showcase the idiocy of the format over the idiocy of the drivel being spoken.
YES! It drives me nuts!!!

These are not sliding door scenarios!!!!

At least he didn't get his start based off his old man's name. That's about all I've got to rank him slightly above "can I just ask you guys a question" McClure.
\

Tbf to McClure the players seem to like him which leads me to believe that he keeps truthful to an extent

No there isn’t a bigger campaigner than the bin diving flog known as purple or the warrior

Acts like he’s some bigtime celeb and signs footies like he thinks he’s a Brownlow winner

I normally don't mind Barrett, but his sliding doors column is just an opportunity to take a whack at whoever he's annoyed at, at the time- rather than adding anything of value. Some might say, just ignore it, but it is a legitimate form of bullying. The column drives a lot of views on the AFL website because people are interested to see who he has a crack at each week, but the sooner it is shut down- the better.

Using a media column to take out a vendetta against somebody is not a good look- for him, or the AFL.

For someone who is not on TV for his looks or because he was a champion past player he is actually remarkably inarticulate. Everything he says is rapid fire word salad.

He’s a bottom feeding, conniving, lying charlatan who conflates his opinion with objective fact and can’t string a sentence together.

It’s astonishing he has a gig on TV or in any other media. Has photos of very powerful people in an orgy with goats clearly.
Works for head office fits in perfectly

The Herald -Sun did it's due diligence when it appointed slobbo over pimple. His bottom has been hurting ever since.

Not.as.good.as.robbo.

That’s some standard....woweee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald -Sun did it's due diligence when it appointed slobbo over pimple. His bottom has been hurting ever since.

Not.as.good.as.robbo.
You know are not thought of highly when the bosses pick the not so functional alcoholic for the top job over you.

Barretts made his career out of plumbing the depths Hutchy now feels too good for.

Sliding Doors continues to mystify. It’s never had a single sliding door in it. Why? If he wants a column to talk s**t then just do one. Why the failed attempts to shoehorn it into this unsuitable “sliding doors” format? It only serves to showcase the idiocy of the format over the idiocy of the drivel being spoken.

This is the part that annoys me most. As long as his sentences contain the words "If" and "Then" anywhere in them, he thinks it makes sense

IF Barrett operates in the way we all think he does

THEN I'm wondering which one of you is secretly him
Well he would probably be nervous about being found out. So I'm tipping he would be the first one to ask that question, in order to divert suspicion.

So applying this theory, I have concluded that:-
Damian Barrett = Larry Barnsworth
Book him Danno, Drivel 1

Any opportunity to sink the teeth in. Even if it's completely wrong. He was relentless against Rockliff for ages for a bunch of trivial s**t for while there too.

Sincere question ...

... were you happy to see Hodge doing an in-game interview? Or did you find yourself wishing that he concentrated on the game at hand and maybe talk to the reporters afterwards?

That’s certainly what I would have been thinking if it had involved Pendlebury instead. All the more so if we were getting beaten at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back