Luke Hodge's kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely putrid yesterday. I know he's normally good in that regard and it was wet but he lacked vision and composure yesterday. Just an off performance or more a bit of nerves coming into a huge final as captain? I was genuinely surprised with how he performed yesterday as it's the sort of match I thought he'd relish. Thoughts?

Yep fair call. Unfortunately this has been the case all year.

He has the runs on the board, we know that he is a beautiful kick normally, but for whatever reason this year he has rushed his disposal on occasions. The thing is he actually has more time than he has been giving himself.

Hopefully for hawks supporters he can turn it around

Hodgeys kicking has been a bit off for the whole year but Suckling was shocking last night. I love the kid and he is certainly one of the best kicks in the league but I think all the praise from the footy world is starting to get to his head. Always opting to go for the impossible kick instead of the easy option. Hope he starts going back to the basics.

Fair enough well hopefully he can turn things around because he's super important for you guys and you want the really good players out there and performing. Buddy going down has made it extremely difficult or Hawthorn I feel. Should firmly set your eyes on nabbing a quality KPD for next year and you'll be a huge contender :thumbsu:

Hodge was listed as Hawthorns best in most papers :confused: He had one or two ordinary kicks, but is usually an outstanding field kick.

Even if his kicking was a bit off yesterday he was still probably our best along with Buddy in that game. Plus he is a 3xAA, 2xB&F, Norm Smith winning premiership player. Not many of those around. He is entitled to an off night or two. Nothing to see here.

Hodge was listed as Hawthorns best in most papers :confused: He had one or two ordinary kicks, but is usually an outstanding field kick.

Even if his kicking was a bit off yesterday he was still probably our best along with Buddy in that game. Plus he is a 3xAA, 2xB&F, Norm Smith winning premiership player. Not many of those around. He is entitled to an off night or two. Nothing to see here.

You, and many others, weren't so forgiving of Judd's poor game.

But it wasn't poor. He was listed as our best or second best in every publication I saw today.

When on his game, Hodge is arguably the best field kick in the comp, whilst Judd is an average kick at best. Apples & Oranges as they are both completely different players with different strengths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely tries and works hard but not a natural footballer. Consistent kicking could take him to the next level with the real A grade mids ala Judd, Selwood, Pendles, Redden.

Don't worry mate, hawks fans have no sense of moderation (and from all reports either do the players).

I've been to the footy and sat with mates, in opposition areas a heap of time. Hawks fans give it to Judd more than anyone, and I cannot think of anything other than "what if" as to why.

Yep voted the 2nd best player in the comp in 2010 by the players in the MVP award. 2nd in almost every media award that year as well. 3xAA, AA captain, 2x B&F and Norm Smith winning premiership player by 26. If he isn't an A grader then only about 5 players in the comp are.

Anyhow I shouldn't respond to such shite posts.

To the Carlton poster about Hawthorn hating Judd. Why would we care? I don't hate Judd, but at the same time I wouldn't trade him for Hodge. Hodge is a one club player and has the aformentioned accolades. How many flags has Judd led Carlton to? Better yet, how many finals has Judd won for Carlton? Yeah I thought so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back