Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Another example of someone who shoots someone down without putting their name next to an actual figure. what a comfy position to be in 😀
I will say 5 for a total $3.5m
No need to offer 7. Once he is home he isn’t going anywhere so both parties would be silly to agree to 7 when he could significantly improve or get worse.

Not to mention we will probably never know the exact number anyway

The insecurity of a handful of Freo fans here is unreal. Maybe this is what I was like before we won a flag.

Freo will get the deal done. They've been in his ear for 12 months. They've got players moving, and both sides will want to see which picks they end up getting.

I imagine the deal will end up being 13, F1 and North's F2 for Jackson and Melbourne's F2. Freo will feel they've paid too much, Melbourne will feel that none of the picks were as high as they wanted. Generally the sign of a good deal. Would then expect Melbourne to ontrade a couple, or all, of those picks high into the first round this year. Melbourne always draft now and trade away next year's pick.

Also, re. Bedford being worth a 2nd rnd pick...he's not, but GWS are desperate for players who want to go there and they'll pay something decent given the Taranto/Hopper/Bruhn/etc deals will leave them with heaps of picks they won't use.

Every Freo supporter acting like he was absolute garbage this year. This year compared to 2021 he almost doubled per game his tackles, centre clearances, inside 50s, whilst also making great improvements in stoppage clearances, intercepts, and cutting down on turnovers. It might be irrelevant because he's going to be playing with Darcy but his one game playing as sole ruck vs Brisbane he was one of our best players with 21 touches and 9 tackles showcasing the strides he has made. He was battling a knee injury in the second half of the year and the shorter pre season combined with the loss of our fitness boss lead to a lot of our players running out of gas by the end of the year which I believe Jacko was a culprit of.
Fun Facts: Sean Darcy has never laid 9 tackles in his whole career. Jackson did it in his first game as solo ruck. lol.

so a ruck doesn't need to mark, tackle, harass, kick goals or drop back into defence to take intercept marks?

lol, yeah ok.
And if a ruck does all of those things but is below average in every single ruck statistic are they a good ruck?

LJ 3.0 marks per game. Darcy 2.5 marks per game. +0.5
LJ 3.7 tackles per game. Darcy 2.8 tackles per game. +0.9
LJ 0.5 goals per game. Darcy 0.5 goals per game. =
LJ 2.1 intercepts per game. Darcy 2.3 intercepts per game. -0.2

Now considering one plays the full game as the main ruck while the other plays second ruck, you'd expect these stats to be a lot different.

Let's look at ACTUAL ruck stats.

LJ 2.4 clearances per game. Darcy 4.5 clearances per game. -2.1
LJ 11.0 hitouts per game. Darcy 33.9 hitouts per game. -22.9
LJ 3.2 hitouts to advantage per game. Darcy 11.3 hitouts to advantage per game. -8.1

But you're right. That's not fair. LJ played second ruck so those stats aren't comparable. Let's find something that is.

LJ 33.2% hitouts won. Darcy 53.4% hitouts won. -20.2%
LJ 28.8% hitouts to adv won. Darcy 33.3% hitouts to adv won. -4.5%

So from what I can see, Darcy and LJ are actually very similar in all those aspects you mentioned, with Darcy FAR superior in actual ruck statistics. You get one more tackle from LJ a game. You get one more mark from LJ every second game. For someone who spends more than half his game playing a position that's not main ruck, I think you'd expect a lot more.

Last edited:
And if a ruck does all of those things but is below average in every single ruck statistic are they a good ruck?

Now considering one plays the full game as the main ruck while the other plays second ruck, you'd expect these stats to be a lot different.

LJ 3.2 hitouts to advantage per game. Darcy 11.3 hitouts to advantage per game. -8.1

But you're right. That's not fair. LJ played second ruck so those stats aren't comparable. Let's find something that is.

LJ 28.8% hitouts won. Darcy 33.3% hitouts won. -4.5%

So from what I can see, Darcy and LJ are actually very similar in all those aspects you mentioned, with Darcy FAR superior in actual ruck statistics. You get one more tackle from LJ a game. You get one more mark from LJ every second game. For someone who spends more than half his game playing a position that's not main ruck, I think you'd expect a lot more.

You just destroyed Dan in one logical post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LJ 28.8% hitouts to adv won. Darcy 33.3% hitouts to adv won. -4.5%

This is going to be so simple to pull apart but meh, lets do it anyway. This is comparing Sean Darcy's 3rd season vs Jackson's 3rd season.

Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson AFL Stats Comparison

Jackson beats Darcy in kicks, handballs, disposals, marks, goals, tackles, inside 50's, goal assists, contested possessions, effective disposals, disposal efficiency (Darcy 60% yuck), Contested marks, Centre Clearances, Score involvements, Metres gained, intercepts and has less clangers and less turnovers. 18 stats in total.

Darcy beats Jackson in: hitouts, clearances, marks i50, reb 50's, one %ers, stoppage clearances. 6 stats in total.

Here is the kicker: This is with Darcy being solo ruck and Jackson rucking behind Gawn. And another kicker, Darcy playing an extra 12% game time. Reverse these roles and Jackson eclipses Darcy in every single stat out there excluding a few hitouts.

Let's say we double Jacksons hitouts total to reflect him being a solo ruck, he goes from 11 to 22. Only 5 less than Darcy with hitouts being his only real draw card.

A nice little stat here for you too. Darcy averaged more hitouts in his debut season than he is now. What a great rate of improvement :)

The prosecution rests.

Try that on for size King Huskii

I look forward to the replies. Don't deflect :)

Last edited:
This is going to be so simple to pull apart but meh, lets do it anyway. This is comparing Sean Darcy's 3rd season vs Jackson's 3rd season.

Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson AFL Stats Comparison

Jackson beats Darcy in kicks, handballs, disposals, marks, goals, tackles, inside 50's, goal assists, contested possessions, effective disposals, disposal efficiency (Darcy 60% yuck), Contested marks, Centre Clearances, Score involvements, Metres gained, intercepts and has less clangers and less turnovers. 18 stats in total.

Darcy beats Jackson in: hitouts, clearances, marks i50, reb 50's, one %ers, stoppage clearances. 6 stats in total.

Here is the kicker: This is with Darcy being solo ruck and Jackson rucking behind Gawn. And another kicker, Darcy playing an extra 12% game time. Reverse these roles and Jackson eclipses Darcy in every single stat out there excluding a few hitouts.

Let's say we double Jacksons hitouts total to reflect him being a solo ruck, he goes from 11 to 22. Only 5 less than Darcy with hitouts being his only real draw card.

A nice little stat here for you too. Darcy averaged more hitouts in his debut season than he is now. What a great rate of improvement :)

The prosecution rests.

Try that on for size King Huskii

I look forward to the replies. Don't deflect :)

You're deflecting

The value of Darcey or comparison between them has nothing to do with Jackson's worth on draft picks this draft.

Darcey is a contracted player who isn't being traded this season and has never been traded.

Jackson is uncontracted, homesick and heading to Fremantle. Melbourne will recieve what Fremantle deem to be adequate unless WC want to up the offer.

End of discussion

Hogan has been good everywhere but Freo, don’t know who’s fault that is?

His own. Choosing to come back to Perth to be around his influential scaley mates out of football and following them down the wrong path. He had a bad problem.

Interesting how dees wanna hold freo over a barrel for Jackson but are happy to take Grundy for pick 27. I get the circumstances but I think they need to be a bit more reasonable.
CCNB-Home-Care-Package-Comparison-2.jpg

Interesting how dees wanna hold freo over a barrel for Jackson but are happy to take Grundy for pick 27. I get the circumstances but I think they need to be a bit more reasonable.

The Dees have been steadfast all along in their trade demands for Jackson (even before the start of the trade period)

I am certain a deal will get will done with Freo, I don't believe they are being unreasonable at all really..

Darcy broke the record for the most hit outs on debut.
This all goes back to day 1 of this trade discussion where Melbourne fans said Jackson is gun ruck. Stats were shown that proved otherwise.

Their come back was, oh but he doesn’t play ruck full time.

Oh ok, so let’s look at his non ruck stats - again, still not that great. Then they just deflect and try and bag out Darcy and the cycle continues. As we know stats aren’t everything but they continue to fall in a hole and cherry pick a stat from either last season, Darcy’s first season etc.

I’m still laughing about the post that suggested Jackson was the third best ruckman in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back