Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting outcome, both supporter bases seem to have landed on "Meh". I don't think the trade pushes either side dramatically forward next year, though 2-3 after yerars that things will be interesting.

If Jackson in and Lobb out makes Freo temporarily weaker next year and F1 is a couple of places higher than this year's draft pick, Melbourne probably comes out ahead.

Andrew Brayshaw will always have a lower ceiling though. He'll always be in the ollie wines/Jack Steele type. lacking speed and hurt factor to be anything opposition coaches have to stress over.

kanye west GIF by South Park

So much bluff and bluster over 13 and a future first not being enough and a future second swapped for 44 and 67 gets it done. :shrug:
I think I did okay all in all. A few months ago it was a late first and a 2nd rounder by freo fans. Now it's 2 firsts and a 2nd which is too far off the 3 first rounders I said at the very beginning. Not bad for an out of contract player. The first pick isn't great though. Freo won the deal.

This from Fremantle's marketing team is both creepy but granted it is also clever.

Maybe if they had not used the LJ rolling heads it wouldn't be so creepy.

I think I did okay all in all. A few months ago it was a late first and a 2nd rounder by freo fans. Now it's 2 firsts and a 2nd which is too far off the 3 first rounders I said at the very beginning. Not bad for an out of contract player. The first pick isn't great though. Freo won the deal.

Yes Freo won

So we can agree now that wce was never seriously in the picture?

I remember many docker fans adamant that Jackson never even met the Eagles, but he has confirmed that he definitely met them and considered their offer. So my guess on what was happening was reasonable.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here apart from being a smart arse. It's a great trade for the Dockers, I think Jackson will be an amazing player for your club, so sit back and enjoy the journey. Hopefully he can help you win a premiership, like he did with us. And if that does happen then I'll also enjoy the moment because I know what it's like to go through a big chunk of your life with no success

This trade will ruin Fremantle if it hasn't already.

Luke Jackson has done nothing to deserve a contract anywhere near the reported salary or number of years. He will never live up to this deal.

Meanwhile Fremantle lowballs its existing players to conserve cap space, loses several best 22 players as a result, and they've mortgaged their draft future in the process.

Statistically Luke Jackson as a ruckman is a massive downgrade on Sean Darcy.

Better hope he can play FF and kick 40 snags next year otherwise you can stick a fork in Freo for a decade o_O
Well.... I still have that bad after taste with the last tall WA forward we traded in from the demons. Yep I am talking about Jesse Hogan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if Luke Jackson ends up injury prone like Harley Bennell and we don't win a flag in this decade, well it's on many pro Jackson dockers fans on here

Well that's a pathetic way of looking at it. In no way is Jackson comparable to Bennell, or anyone else for that matter. Jackson is a fit 20yo that is just a single season removed from playing a part in a premiership and winning the rising star award.

I was against bringing him in, but he's here now so it's time to GTFOI!

Were you involved?

A lot of draft capital for a 2nd ruck.
Will be pushed into 1st ruck once Freo realize that unlike Gawn.Darcy can't play anywhere else other than Ruck.Unless Freo are prepared to play Jackson on a high salary as 2nd fiddle.
Can see Darcy somewhere else in 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back