Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

Why the * would we do a deal that's similar to Jeremy Cameron?

Jeremy Cameron is an elite Tall forward with YEARS of proven performance.

Jackson may be bag of magic beans
King Huskii

Yeah because Tsatas and Sheezel etc. have years of proven performance at afl level lol.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
They haven't played at AFL level

What is your point?
correct. so it's all potential. they've shown nothing. All the arguments that you said to lower Jackson's value yet now trying to defend the fact that these new draftees are worth much more than 2 late first rounders, according to ess, gold coast, Melbourne and North.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
correct. so it's all potential. they've shown nothing. All the arguments that you said to lower Jackson's value yet now trying to defend the fact that these new draftees are worth much more than 2 late first rounders, according to ess, gold coast, Melbourne and North.
If you keep going we will put you in a nursing home

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Jackson is all potential too

if he stays at this output his whole career then we have been smashed in this trade

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jackson is all potential too

if he stays at this output his whole career then we have been smashed in this trade
all potential? lol! so you're paying a guy 900k based on nothing? If so, how come Fisher Mcasey isn't getting paid 900k? He's in the same draft afterall. please answer this question. obviously, it's based on what Jackson has showed already. And that's more than any other young ruck in the league. No other young ruck has done as much as him at his age. Let alone produce in finals. But I'll await your Mcasey reply.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
all potential? lol! so you're paying a guy 900k based on nothing? If so, how come Fisher Mcasey isn't getting paid 900k? He's in the same draft afterall. please answer this question. obviously, it's based on what Jackson has showed already. And that's more than any other young ruck in the league. No other young ruck has done as much as him at his age. Let alone produce in finals. But I'll await your Mcasey reply.
We are paying him that much on potential (also I doubt it's 900k but cbf arguing that)

But yes, if you think he is worth ~900k~ right now and not off potential then you have officially lost your marbles

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
We are paying him that much on potential (also I doubt it's 900k but cbf arguing that)

But yes, if you think he is worth ~900k~ right now and not off potential then you have officially lost your marbles
make it 800k then. you didn't address the salary of Fisher Mcasey. why isn't he getting paid mountains of money? if Jackson is all potential, then Casey must also be worth the same.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle

You do realise that trading for players and drafting aren't mutually exclusive?

And I'm not trying to lower his value. Freo paid what they were prepared to pay. Possibly a little more than they were hoping or maybe a little less than Melbourne were hoping.

All clubs value players and draft picks differently. What my opinion is counts nothing just like yours. The only difference is that you create false narratives with your uneducated view.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You do realise that trading for players and drafting aren't mutually exclusive?

And I'm not trying to lower his value. Freo paid what they were prepared to pay. Possibly a little more than they were hoping or maybe a little less than Melbourne were hoping.

All clubs value players and draft picks differently. What my opinion is counts nothing just like yours. The only difference is that you create false narratives with your uneducated view.
you said it yourself. 'all club value players and draft picks differently'. But that's not really the case. Gold Coast, North and Essendon just knocked back 2 late first rounders in return for a top 5 pick. Jackson was a top 3 pick (and a good one at that) so he classifies as a top 5 pick. The fact that melbourne offered our 2 future first rounders for no-name players like Tsatas, Phillipou etc. in the draft shows that these 4 clubs believe that 2 late first rounders don't mean much and that they're worth close to 3 first rounders. I think it basically proves that Jackson was worth 3. And no-one can run the cliche 'only on potential' line because none of the draftees have shown anything yet, so they're the true definition of potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
you said it yourself. 'all club value players and draft picks differently'. But that's not really the case. Gold Coast, North and Essendon just knocked back 2 late first rounders in return for a top 5 pick. Jackson was a top 3 pick (and a good one at that) so he classifies as a top 5 pick. The fact that melbourne offered our 2 future first rounders for no-name players like Tsatas, Phillipou etc. in the draft shows that these 4 clubs believe that 2 late first rounders don't mean much and that they're worth close to 3 first rounders. I think it basically proves that Jackson was worth 3. And no-one can run the cliche 'only on potential' line because none of the draftees have shown anything yet, so they're the true definition of potential.

So what you are suggesting is that Melbourne got bent over and shafted at the trade table when Fremantle recieved an uncontracted player who wanted to head home?

Yeah... I'm cool with that!

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
So what you are suggesting is that Melbourne got bent over and shafted at the trade table when Fremantle recieved an uncontracted player who wanted to head home?

I'm suggesting that if Jackson is 'only on potential' then how come clubs aren't rushing for Fisher Mcasey and offering him 800k+ and throwing 2 first rounders at him?

Yes, melbourne got bent over. Would melbourne do a straight swap for any one of the no-name draftees in the top 5? No. The clubs have spoken in that they wouldn't trade them for 2 late firsts which indirectly shows that Jackson is worth close to 3 firsts. Yeah, you can factor in the go home thing if you wish but you can't say 'the go home factor reduces his value' and then also 'it's all based on potential, he's done nothing' yet at the same time offer him 800k, trade some players to squeeze him in and froth over him all season long. They contradict each other.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle

Most Melbourne fans seem to think it was a pretty fair deal. The trade also freed up the salary space to sign Grundy so Melbourne should improve in the short term and have three picks that could yet turn into gun long term players for the club. Highly likely this trade turns into a win/win situation for both clubs.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Most Melbourne fans seem to think it was a pretty fair deal. The trade also freed up the salary space to sign Grundy so Melbourne should improve in the short term and have three picks that could yet turn into gun long term players for the club. Highly likely this trade turns into a win/win situation for both clubs.
Most dees fans question the grundy inclusion. it makes little sense. And Melbourne's picks don't get them any access to elite talent in either this year's draft or next (unless freo or melb finish bottom 5 or 6, which is unlikely).

It's not a surprise to me that as soon as melbourne got the speculative late 1st round picks they tried to package them up for a higher pick. It's also no surprise that all the clubs said no.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
contribute to the topic of Luke Jackson. Just because you can't dispute my point with any facts...

Because your points don't make sense and as this is lioe the thousandths time you've posted nonsense on here posters decide to mock your comments not logically argue them.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle

I'm 100% with you on that. Both Melbourne and Freo negotiated well. No winners or losers out of it.

I was just having a joke with Dan

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because your points don't make sense and as this is lioe the thousandths time you've posted nonsense on here posters decide to mock your comments not logically argue them.
I think they make perfect sense. ok, so do you think Phillipou, Tsatas etc. are worth 3 late first rounders? Or 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I guess a lot of it comes down to where Freo finish next season.

I have not got a flash track record with this prediction stuff, but given a kind run of injuries, I strongly believe Freo will finish top 4 and at least make the Prelim Finals, with Jackson playing a significant part of it.

I honestly think Freo fans (least on this thread) are underselling Jackson, they got him (imo) for unders, people place too much stock and faith in draft picks, yes his 2022 stunk mostly, but I firmly believe that was an abberation.

He is a gem..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back