Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne had no first rounder last year and no second rounder. A little different if Fremantle were nominated as we hold our first this year and next so we don't exactly have nothing
Dude, they're glorified early 2nd rounders. They could be pick 17 or 18. But we did end up with a first rounder, we picked Van Rooyen.

Dude, they're glorified early 2nd rounders. They could be pick 17 or 18. But we did end up with a first rounder, we picked Van Rooyen.
You traded your future first for this did you not? Point is you had no picks whatsoever in the draft last year mate at the time of going for Cerra

he wants to go home to Perth. WCE is in Perth. Also, I answered your question. Did you not read what I wrote? The cerra deal. Cerra nominated melbourne. You realise this right? Please acknowledge that you made a mistake or that you have no idea about the afl landscape. And you're calling me thick.
FFS Cerra nominated Carlton because Melbourne couldn’t get the deal done he was just happy to get back to Melbourne , if he nominates Freo it’s probably because he supported Freo he doesn’t really need any other reason he’s out of contract.

If you want to talk about Cerra take it to the Cerra thread (it's in the Wash Up sub-board with all the other old trades no one cares about anymore).

This one is for Jackson.

And if you all can't keep it civilised in here it'll be thread bans. No name calling, casting aspersions on other people's intelligence, inferring that they're thick or whatever other crap you think makes you sound smart on the internet.

FFS Cerra nominated Carlton because Melbourne couldn’t get the deal done he was just happy to get back to Melbourne , if he nominates Freo it’s probably because he supported Freo he doesn’t really need any other reason he’s out of contract.
Sorry I can't say what I want because the mod has warned us off talking about the Cerra deal.

With regards to Jackson, it's your first this year and your first next year and whatever pick you get for lobb and a fringe player or we'll go to WCE who will give us pick 1 or 2 for Jackson plus something else. Pick 1's have been: Rowell, Rayner, Walsh, Mcgrath, Weitering, McCartin, Boyd, Whitfield, Patton, Scully, Watts, Swallow. So in 12 years of pick 1's: 9 of them are considerably worse than what Jackson will become. A 75% fail rate. WCE would do it in a heartbeat. And Jackson would definitely go there because he can be solo ruck. Something he can't be at Freo.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't say what I want because the mod has warned us off talking about the Cerra deal.

With regards to Jackson, it's your first this year and your first next year and whatever pick you get for lobb and a fringe player or we'll go to WCE who will give us pick 1 or 2 for Jackson plus something else.
If Jackson nominates Freo, he'll be at Freo next year.

You can't trade a player to another club without consent.
You can't hold a player out of contract.

Nonetheless, what are you guys offering if you say finish 3rd this year and next. Lets get a hypothetical trade going.
Our first this year and next with steak knives, maybe a player. If Lobb leaves I doubt you get that pick also. We will still want to take a draft pick this year

Our first this year and next with steak knives, maybe a player. If Lobb leaves I doubt you get that pick also. We will still want to take a draft pick this year
So pick 16, pick 16 and maybe a steak knives player?

We literally have no rucks other than Gawn if Jackson left. Any development rucks on offer?

So pick 16, pick 16 and maybe a steak knives player?

We literally have no rucks other than Gawn if Jackson left. Any development rucks on offer?
Potentially could give Meek. He would actually be rucking for half the teams in AFL I reckon. He does have another year on his contract though and may not wanna leave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially could give Meek. He would actually be rucking for half the teams in AFL I reckon. He does have another year on his contract though and may not wanna leave
Okay, well let's just roll with 2 first rounders (early 2nds I like to call them) and Meek. Melbourne is obviously getting royally screwed over. It would be borderline ok if Freo were a bottom 8 team. Like the NBA , we should be able to trade more than 1 year ahead.

Okay, well let's just roll with 2 first rounders (early 2nds I like to call them) and Meek. Melbourne is obviously getting royally screwed over. It would be borderline ok if Freo were a bottom 8 team. Like the NBA , we should be able to trade more than 1 year ahead.
Agreed but we can't there. Basically giving as much as we have here. Maybe find a second and you guys give something back. but who knows

I'd rather Meek wasn't involved in any trade for Jackson. No sign Meek wants to leave anyway so it's moot.

Neale was under contract and Freo received Pick 6 and 19 with 30 coming back (eq of pick 4).
Hogan was under contract and Melbourne received Pick 6 and 23 with 65 coming back (eq of pick 3).

Freo's first this year and next is eq of Pick 4, but they are both at the back end of the 1st Round so perhaps this doesn't carry as much weight as a Pick 6.

Jackson is out of contract though, and I doubt Melbourne will want the deal to fall over and get nothing.

From here my guess is he stays at Melbourne, but if he nominated Freo it will be Freo's 2 firsts with a 3rd coming back.

I'd rather Meek wasn't involved in any trade for Jackson. No sign Meek wants to leave anyway so it's moot.

Neale was under contract and Freo received Pick 6 and 19 with 30 coming back (eq of pick 4).
Hogan was under contract and Melbourne received Pick 6 and 23 with 65 coming back (eq of pick 3).

Freo's first this year and next is eq of Pick 4, but they are both at the back end of the 1st Round so perhaps this doesn't carry as much weight as a Pick 6.

Jackson is out of contract though, and I doubt Melbourne will want the deal to fall over and get nothing.

From here my guess is he stays at Melbourne, but if he nominated Freo it will be Freo's 2 firsts with a 3rd coming back.
Yeah good post. it is insightful. Cerra got pick 6 and he was out of contract I think. So I'd be hoping for much more than Cerra but I do see that Freo have no decent picks.

Are you not worried that Jackson would want to be number 1 ruck at WCE? That's got to be a factor. Jackson is not a good forward so you're not getting bang for your buck by playing him fwd imo.

Yeah good post. it is insightful. Cerra got pick 6 and he was out of contract I think. So I'd be hoping for much more than Cerra but I do see that Freo have no decent picks.

Are you not worried that Jackson would want to be number 1 ruck at WCE? That's got to be a factor. Jackson is not a good forward so you're not getting bang for your buck by playing him fwd imo.
Eagles are an interesting one. I heard on radio some speculation that if he nominates West Coast, they would likely split their first pick and create a few more options.

Personally, I think West Coast will head to the draft. Pick 2 will get them the cornerstone of their rebuilt midfield.

Eagles are an interesting one. I heard on radio some speculation that if he nominates West Coast, they would likely split their first pick and create a few more options.

Personally, I think West Coast will head to the draft. Pick 2 will get them the cornerstone of their rebuilt midfield.
Yeah, it depends on what they want. a speculative pick 2 midfielder, or a pick 3 that has already produced on the big stage but life after NicNat. Jameison and Bailey Williams have bene utter trash in the ruck this season without nicnat. it's a weekly reminder I reckon.

It would depend of West Coast in a rebuild wanna spend big on the Salary Cap so early i think

its so funny to me that freo fans needed to see Jackson as solo ruck before seeing his talent. Despite him producing in a granny as teenager and winning the rising star. Thank gosh you're not scouts

Yeah what kind of morons would want to see more than 1 game or 1 season of a player before giving up round 1 picks and offering $700k+ a season.

Amateurs, amirite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back