Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

*within reason, at the end of which Melbourne has to accept whatever the best deal that can be offered is in regards to picks.

There was a suggestion that Freo might seek to trade Lobb and our first to a club for their top ten pick to help lubricate this deal.

It would be far easier to just trade him along to Melbourne.
That's still not enough. We'll deal with WCE thanks.

If WCE have pick #1 in the PSD they won't answer your phone call and Jackson, if he wants to go to WC, will just go on holiday to Bali and not answer the phone too - then they get him for nothing.
That's a really good point - If he truly does want to go home to WA then Melbourne are kind of bent over here.

If WCE have pick #1 in the PSD they won't answer your phone call and Jackson, if he wants to go to WC, will just go on holiday to Bali and not answer the phone too - then they get him for nothing.
lol. you're completely out of touch with how modern trading is done these days. Clubs don't do this stuff anymore.

who are you referring to?
A player generally gets to the preferred club one way or the other really. If he chose Fremantle then we can only give what we can give. Its like The guy who chose adelaide last year. He was worth more than pick 17 odd. In the end he went for that though. Pre season draftbthreat is real and if eagles finish bottom they cant trade there first anyway without bringing in another. Plus eagles salary cap isnt to flash from what we all hearing.

A player generally gets to the preferred club one way or the other really. If he chose Fremantle then we can only give what we can give. Its like The guy who chose adelaide last year. He was worth more than pick 17 odd. In the end he went for that though. Pre season draftbthreat is real and if eagles finish bottom they cant trade there first anyway without bringing in another. Plus eagles salary cap isnt to flash from what we all hearing.
Okay, so lets be real here. Jackson is worth 3 first rounders. something like 5, 14, and 18. Offering say 5 & 14 is unders. Offering 14 and 18 is simply disrespectful. I'm sorry but if this was Andrew Brayshaw you would want more than 14 and 18 and Jackson is worth more than Brayshaw due to Brayshaw being a dime a dozen midfielder and Jackson being a generational talent. Brayshaw is not. So you will have to cough up Darcy or Brayshaw and a pick or deal with multiple other clubs until we get what we want. We will happily deal with WCE. Jackson won't screw the club over. Otherwise, we'll just sign him to a 1 year deal so have that leverage.

Okay, so lets be real here. Jackson is worth 3 first rounders. something like 5, 14, and 18. Offering say 5 & 14 is unders. Offering 14 and 18 is simply disrespectful. I'm sorry but if this was Andrew Brayshaw you would want more than 14 and 18 and Jackson is worth more than Brayshaw due to Brayshaw being a dime a dozen midfielder and Jackson being a generational talent. Brayshaw is not. So you will have to cough up Darcy or Brayshaw and a pick or deal with multiple other clubs until we get what we want. We will happily deal with WCE. Jackson won't screw the club over. Otherwise, we'll just sign him to a 1 year deal so have that leverage.
You have managed to write something ridiculous on every line here, kudos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you value him the best player to ever be traded in the history of the game?
Yes. as he is young. a ruckman. and a generational talent. Guys like Judd etc. were like 25 when they were traded. that's 5 years older. 5 years less service than what a club would get out of Jackson. I'd say it's no different to if Horne-Francis was traded. He warrants 3 picks also. Age is the main driver behind trade value.

That's simply his value. if you don't understand that, I can't help you. If you did a poll, people would take Jackson over Brayshaw.
I'm trying to balance my dislike of going around in circles and having the same argument again and again and my dislike of ignoring factually incorrect statements and I'm finding it very difficult but:
A) I think you'd find that poll was a lot closer than you think it is
B) That is irrelevant and simply not how trades work, there are numerous factors that go into what a player is traded for

3 firsts?

😂

I'm trying to balance my dislike of going around in circles and having the same argument again and again and my dislike of ignoring factually incorrect statements and I'm finding it very difficult but:
B) That is irrelevant and simply not how trades work, there are numerous factors that go into what a player is traded for
hypothetically, if Brayshaw was wanting to join Angus at the dees and was out of contract what would you expect Melbourne to give up? We traded out our first rounder so don't have one, so our first pick is about 30-odd. So pick 30-odd and a future first (say pick 18) is all we could offer. Pick 18, 30 for Brayshaw. You think that's what would actually happen? Not in a million years. Same with offering 2 picks in the teens for a generational talent.

Or we could use his arguments to our advantage and try trade for Petracca. Worth a 3rd rounder at this rate

I'm not alone. they were discussing it on SEN a few days ago. 3 first rounders seems to be the general consensus.
Oh ok then. You aren't getting 3 firsts.

Jeremy Cameron got 3 firsts and as good as he is he doesn't have the trade value of Jackson due to age.
As a direct swap? And it was known all 3 firsts would be extremely late.

Or we could use his arguments to our advantage and try trade for Petracca. Worth a 3rd rounder at this rate
Jackson is worth more than Petracca in trade terms. Petracca is 6 years older. That's 6 years closer to retirement. Once again, age is the main driver of trade value. Same reason why Horne-Francis was offered 3 first rounders by Adelaide last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back