Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Jackson is worth more than Petracca in trade terms. Petracca is 6 years older. That's 6 years closer to retirement. Once again, age is the main driver of trade value. Same reason why Horne-Francis was offered 3 first rounders by Adelaide last season.
Think about this dude, Petracca is proven generational talent. At some point, you have to put value in what's been proven. If Petracca was out of contract, he'd get you at least as much as Jackson. The 6 year difference is important, yes, but also what's important is what both have actually proven. Your hoping JAckson is a top 5 player, we know Petracca is. Have you ever watched Family Guy?

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
"2nds are nothing these days. the hit rate on 2nds is slim. I'd be more than happy to give you some 2nd rounders back which is about pick 35. Speculative at best."

Pffft tell that to David Walls

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think about this dude, Petracca is proven generational talent. At some point, you have to put value in what's been proven. If Petracca was out of contract, he'd get you at least as much as Jackson. The 6 year difference is important, yes, but also what's important is what both have actually proven. Your hoping JAckson is a top 5 player, we know Petracca is. Have you ever watched Family Guy?

So then Petracca would be traded for Pick 14 and 18? (i.e. what freo fans think will get the Jackson deal done)?

So then Petracca would be traded for Pick 14 and 18? (i.e. what freo fans think will get the Jackson deal done)?
It's hard to respond to your questions when it's been discussed ad nauseum and you continue to ignore the significant nuance involved in trades.

IF Petracca was out of contract, wanted to go to a two team state to be with family where only one team is in the position to actually get him, the team getting him had a first round pick available in both years and a best 22, 29 year old KPP looking to leave then I believe yes, that would have to get it done. The same would be true of Brayshaw going the other direction

Sometimes you just get shafted in trades, ask Sydney supporters what they think of Adelaide's work last year

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's hard to respond to your questions when it's been discussed ad nauseum and you continue to ignore the significant nuance involved in trades.

IF Petracca was out of contract, wanted to go to a two team state to be with family where only one team is in the position to actually get him, the team getting him had a first round pick available in both years and a best 22, 29 year old KPP looking to leave then I believe yes, that would have to get it done. The same would be true of Brayshaw going the other direction

Sometimes you just get shafted in trades, ask Sydney supporters what they think of Adelaide's work last year
I'm not disregarding it. I just haven't heard an answer that makes any sort of sense. I don't see why he'd want to go to Freo and be the 2nd ruck there for the next 8 years of Darcy's career when he can be the number 1 ruck for melbourne in 3 years. Not to mention the fact that he is a young guy that loves the melbourne lifestyle more than Perth. None of it really makes sense to me. I'm resigned to getting unders for him. But not 2 late pick unders for him.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not disregarding it. I just haven't heard an answer that makes any sort of sense. I don't see why he'd want to go to Freo and be the 2nd ruck there for the next 8 years of Darcy's career when he can be the number 1 ruck for melbourne in 3 years. Not to mention the fact that he is a young guy that loves the melbourne lifestyle more than Perth. None of it really makes sense to me. I'm resigned to getting unders for him. But not 2 late pick unders for him.
Use your imagination. MAYBE he values being around family over being the number 1 ruck in a team. Maybe he's content playing the Lobb role. And if he were to return home then I'm sure he would much rather play for the club full of young, motivated guys, who go out there and play for each other every week over the club full of old, unfit, selfish, unmotivated players who stop trying the second they encounter any sort of hardship.

Not saying any of that is true but it really isn't that hard to think of a reason why he'd want to go to freo.

This is a good question. My personal take/understanding would be that the only reason he'd leave a premiership contending team where he's highly valued is that he really wants to be with family. Maybe in that case, earning good money being a ruck/forward is no different to him earning good money as a pure ruck? You seem to put a lot of value in what a player says on camera, from everything I've seen, short of, "I'm announcing today that I've signed an extension", what they say on camera means 3/5ths of * all

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does it make sense that he only signed a 1 year extension after his initial first 2 year contract? Does it make sense that he is still waiting on signing another contract? Maybe it does cause he gets more money. If he hasnt signed by the bye period then surely some alarm bells start to go off

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is a good question. My personal take/understanding would be that the only reason he'd leave a premiership contending team where he's highly valued is that he really wants to be with family. Maybe in that case, earning good money being a ruck/forward is no different to him earning good money as a pure ruck? You seem to put a lot of value in what a player says on camera, from everything I've seen, short of, "I'm announcing today that I've signed an extension", what they say on camera means 3/5ths of fu** all
This gives me Cerra vibes. When he always used to say im happy and that i havent made up my mind. Course you had 😅

This gives me Cerra vibes. When he always used to say im happy and that i havent made up my mind. Course you had 😅
"I love it here, my girlfriend even moved over"

Nek minute...

1652340108674.png

Purple_Voice

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Didn't Judd say "I'll still be living in Claremont(?) next year, I reckon" before the Carlton trade?

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is a good question. My personal take/understanding would be that the only reason he'd leave a premiership contending team where he's highly valued is that he really wants to be with family. Maybe in that case, earning good money being a ruck/forward is no different to him earning good money as a pure ruck? You seem to put a lot of value in what a player says on camera, from everything I've seen, short of, "I'm announcing today that I've signed an extension", what they say on camera means 3/5ths of fu** all

Yeah, if he truly does miss home then yeah. I wouldn't say a little club driven podcast is exactly 'on camera' in the true sense of what you're talking about i.e. in front mod media etc. I'll take him on his word.

Below is the dialogue:

Gawn: 'serious question, living away from home, difficult?'
Jackson: 'Nup' (without even blinking).
Gawn: (laughs at the quick answer). "You're obviously enjoying Melbourne?"
Jackson: "Yeah, Melbourne's great"
Gawn: : "You said to me something the other day. You think Melbourne has overtaken Perth?".
Jackson: "yeah I reckon".

Brayshaw: "You love the city it sounds like"
Jackson: "Yeah, and I was hardly in melbourne last year and I already love it, so imagine when I'm here all the time"
Brayshaw: :After footy would you stay in Melbourne or head back to Perth?"
Jackson: "It's hard to say yet".

These are not the words of someone that is homesick. Someone who is homesick doesn't say 'I may not ever go back to Perth even after football'.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, if he truly does miss home then yeah. I wouldn't say a little club driven podcast is exactly 'on camera' in the true sense of what you're talking about i.e. in front mod media etc. I'll take him on his word.

Below is the dialogue:

Gawn: : "You said to me something the other day. You think Melbourne has overtaken Perth?".

Jackson: "Yeah, and I was hardly in melbourne last year and I already love it, so imagine when I'm here all the time"

These are not the words of someone that is homesick. Someone who is homesick doesn't say 'I may not ever go back to Perth even after football'.

Every chance he's not homesick himself but rather his family wants him home. And if he could go home and make his parents happy, and get a pay raise, then there's no reason why he would rule out that option just yet.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Below is the dialogue:

You by any chance catch most of what Cerra used to say? Honestly what did you expect Jackson to say?

“Nah Gawny I’am absolutely hating it” ?

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You by any chance catch most of what Cerra used to say? Honestly what did you expect Jackson to say?

“Nah Gawny I’am absolutely hating it” ?
There's a million things that he could have said if he was legit homesick: "I'm enjoying Melbourne. Perth will always be my home but the club has been great and let's me spend extra time here on interstate trips and pre-season".

"I love Melbourne but Perth is always my home".

"Mum misses me a lot so she tries to come across as much as possible to see me"

"It was definitely a big adjustment moving away from friends and family in Perth to Melbourne, but the club has been a really good support etc. and made the transition easier".

These are perfectly acceptable things to say for someone who is homesick and I could've gone on much longer. One thing you wouldn't say is answer abruptly 'Nup' in laughable quickness when asked if you're homesick.

2nds are nothing these days. the hit rate on 2nds is slim. I'd be more than happy to give you some 2nd rounders back which is about pick 35. Speculative at best.

We have been through this conversation before dan. Cameron went for picks 18 and 20 and 23 (with 30 and 32 going back which cancels out 23).

Yes jackson is worth 2 late firsts ie 12-20 as cameron was.
No he is not worth a top 4 pick and a future 1st as you seem to think.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's already very good mates with Sean Darcy. Last preseason there was some updates via Facebook on how well they train together. Their combination would be truly elite as Darcy has shown he can be really good up forward. Jackson in my opinion when rucking will improve us a heap with around the ground marking more than anything else. I think if he came he'd be given a licence to roam when forward and also switch with Darcy in general play to the ruck. We will greatly miss Fyfe in terms of his aerial presence in general play when he retires. Jackson would replace his marking while also providing an option for us kicking down the line.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
We have been through this conversation before dan. Cameron went for picks 18 and 20 and 23 (with 30 and 32 going back which cancels out 23).

Yes jackson is worth 2 late firsts ie 12-20 as cameron was.
No he is not worth a top 4 pick and a future 1st as you seem to think.
This is as stupid as the three firsts valuation.

Melbourne would want Freo to get a top 10 pick and then trade that with a future first which I think Freo would do.

Melbourne
Top 10 pick
Future 1st or another 1st later in the round

Fremantle
Luke Jackson

Freo get a good deal and Melbourne get somewhat accurate compensation, although I don't see Jackson leaving.

Back