Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

i could live with that. But 14 and Lobb which was suggested is extremely disrespectful. If you wouldn't take it for Brayshaw, a good midfielder, then we won't take it Jackson. Jackson is generational, Brayshaw never will be.

i'm not even convinced Andrew Brayshaw is better than Angus. If Angus was playing full time mid, they'd get similar numbers.

Lol. So much bias. Angus is a fine player, but Andrew is going to win at least one Brownlow (maybe this year) many AA guernseys and very possibly a premiership medal.

Don't think you have watched Freo tbh.

Andy Brayshaw is a top 5 player in the game (based on his season's form so far, absolute gun)

Really hope we avoid Jackson. Seems out of place in the ruck and up forward. Maybe a closet back flanker?
Either way, not worth what he's going to cost.

Jackson has a premiership and rising star win next to his name which is more than Brayshaw has against his name at the moment so the whole “potential” argument is moot

If we are going to base his value on output it doesn't help Melbourne get a better deal. He isn't a ruck, he isn't a forward.

Melbourne need to stick with the idea that he was an undersized ruckman who they drafted because they thought he could play as a forward but now he is clearly a supersized midfielder that can get beaten by an average ruck in the ruck, beaten by an average defender in the forward line and win a good contest in the ground ball game.

So you're directly comparing him then to Brayshaw and Andrew Brayshaw destroys him as a midfielder, most of the mids taken in his same first round also do.

He is a player looking for a role and a place, with lots of assets but yet to actually lock down a position to make him elite in that would justify his price tag. Melbourne may rationalise that by saying he won the grand final and a flag is better, and I agree, but he was the third best ruck on the day and Tim English was worse by half - which is where the game was won.

Melbourne mids were sharking the opposition ruck's taps and Weiderman was getting his hand to it in better shape than Jackson. We need to stop talking about him as being a ruck because he is super raw for that, and he is young so there's time for that to grow a bit.

There's a huge risk with Jackson that he ends up being the third choice for all the positions he plays in.

Lol. So much bias. Angus is a fine player, but Andrew is going to win at least one Brownlow (maybe this year) many AA guernseys and very possibly a premiership medal.

Don't think you have watched Freo tbh.

Andy Brayshaw is a top 5 player in the game (based on his season's form so far, absolute gun)
lol, i'll extend an olive branch. He is definitely a good player and will be a multiple AA. And may win a premiership medal. Angus Brayshaw may very well have an AA spot this year and already has an premiership medal. And i dont give any credit to the brownlow whatsoever. Coaches award and nothing else.
Yeah, andrew brayshaw is a top 5 midfielder. But not a top 5 player, not even close. I value key position players much higher. Either is Neale in my eyes. But thats because I rate dangerous players more than accumulators.

Freo fans must feel a little silly this morning. Jackson recorded more tackles than Sean Darcy has ever laid in his whole career. In his first game as solo ruck. 😆

All of this 'potential only' talk. How embarassing 😀
Brayshaw averages more then double The tackles of petracca and his 4 years younger.
I can’t wait to watch brayshaw at his peak!
Gaz jnr Esq at this rate!

i really hope dogga isn't leaving, as he's gun

freo's first rounder this year and next year won't work i don't think, as i don't think melbourne will be looking to trade into the first round in 2023; we have kynan, son of nathan, brown coming through who will quite possibly demand a fair whack of 'points' to take him

given that we already have one first rounder in 2023, i think it's more likely we look to use that to upgrade into 2022 1st round than hold on it

i know that when Sean Darcy played brisbane a couple of weeks ago he spudded it up big time. Ironic, that they then try and diminish jackson in his first game when he has 21 touches, 9 tackles and breaks Sean Darcys inside 50's career high lol
Yeah lol like when gawn and Jackson got embarrassed by darcy last time we played

Melbourne need to stick with the idea that he was an undersized ruckman who they drafted because they thought he could play as a forward but now he is clearly a supersized midfielder...
The club was adamant they saw him as a midfielder when they drafted him.

Melbourne may rationalise that by saying he won the grand final and a flag is better, and I agree, but he was the third best ruck on the day and Tim English was worse by half - which is where the game was won.
What?

Jackson was instrumental in turning the game for us in the third quarter of the grand final. He was so dominant we literally kept Gawn out of the ruck. Without him and Brayshaw we'd lose that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it from the mouth of Jason Taylor but sure.
Jason Taylor says lots of things. Like this:

"We don’t really want to put any barriers on the type of player he can become, and he has even played a couple of quarters as a genuine midfielder at trial level".

In the following link/video the MFC recruiters/coaches discuss picking Jackson.

The video makes it clear that he was being drafted as a ruck who could play forward, although they're open-minded about the player he could become.

Jason Taylor says lots of things. Like this:

"We don’t really want to put any barriers on the type of player he can become, and he has even played a couple of quarters as a genuine midfielder at trial level".

Well when he came to WA to watch him he was looking to see if he could play as a forward and left believing that to be the case, so he picked him at #3

Well when he came to WA to watch him he was looking to see if he could play as a forward and left believing that to be the case, so he picked him at #3
All good, I should have said the club saw him as having the potential to be a midfielder.

Let's take a break to congratulate Luke Jackson on being drafted to the NBA

Attachments

• -g2tc0z.jpg
    -g2tc0z.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back