Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
So what are you suggesting? Because of that one decision one club was going to make other list managers shouldn't be prudent?
Ok then...
lol. so if WCE would be morons for throwing away 1 or 2 draft picks, what does that make Adelaide? lol. you need to understand that draft picks are much more risky. You know draft picks also haven't played any games right? If you have pick 1, there's a 75% chance that he'll be considerably worse than Jackson. That's based on 12 years of data.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
lol. so if WCE would be morons for throwing away 1 or 2 draft picks, what does that make Adelaide? lol. you need to understand that draft picks are much more risky. You know draft picks also haven't played any games right? If you have pick 1, there's a 75% chance that he'll be considerably worse than Jackson. That's based on 12 years of data.

Go Big Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Apparently his manager is going to tell him he has to deal with WC because Freo’s offer doesn’t suit Melbourne, just think about that for a moment lol.
That actually does happen a lot of the time. If a player wants to go home the team they nominate is generally the team his manager tells him to nominate

A lot of that decision is based around if they can actually get the deal done (as well as money and years ect.)

That actually does happen a lot of the time. If a player wants to go home the team they nominate is generally the team his manager tells him to nominate

A lot of that decision is based around if they can actually get the deal done (as well as money and years ect.)
I’d agree with this take, just with the asterisk that a club has to be completely short on tradeable assets for a manager to try to veto a club.I don’t think that’s the case here

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently his manager is going to tell him he has to deal with WC because Freo’s offer doesn’t suit Melbourne, just think about that for a moment lol.
yeah. umm the cerra deal. another example that you refuse to look at. Cerra nominated melbourne. is Cerra playing for melbourne? what number is he? i must not be noticing him.

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Despite what people say about Lobb, he has had a good year for the dockers and is our leading goal scorer. If lobb stays then Jackson is definitely more of a need at the eagles. I do get nervous about trades as a few have spectacularly failed and set us back (McCarthy, hogan) and the ones that have worked have just brought in good players - not stars.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
yeah. umm the cerra deal. another example that you refuse to look at. Cerra nominated melbourne. is Cerra playing for melbourne? what number is he? i must not be noticing him.
Cerra didn't nominate Melbourne lol, he nominated Carlton

Melbourne put forward a good case but he chose Carlton

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
When did he nominate Melbourne have you got a link? It was common knowledge that Cerra was home sick there’s nothing out there saying Jackson wants to go home maybe he just wants to play for Freo, and its already been pointed out to you Melbourne didn’t have the assets Freo has two first rounders.

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
Cerra didn't nominate Melbourne lol, he nominated Carlton

Melbourne put forward a good case but he chose Carlton
He eventually formally nominated Carlton because Melbourne didn’t have the draft capital, after consultation with his manager. This happens all the time.

Again, watch the Stan series. It all plays out on there - his manager says that Melbourne wanted to speak to Cerra and he was hesitant to arrange the call given he knew a) we already had a stacked midfield and b) we didn’t have the picks (and you guys eventually ended up requesting Jackson which was obviously a firm no).

After the presentation from Melbourne (which Robbie D’Orazio called the best he had ever seen), Cerra said “I really want to go to Melbourne”.

This is highly applicable to the Jackson situation where he wants to go home, one team has the draft capital and the other doesn’t.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
He eventually formally nominated Carlton because Melbourne didn’t have the draft capital, after consultation with his manager. This happens all the time.

Again, watch the Stan series. It all plays out on there - his manager says that Melbourne wanted to speak to Cerra and he was hesitant to arrange the call given he knew a) we already had a stacked midfield and b) we didn’t have the picks (and you guys eventually ended up requesting Jackson which was obviously a firm no).

After the presentation from Melbourne (which Robbie D’Orazio called the best he had ever seen), Cerra said “I really want to go to Melbourne”.

This is highly applicable to the Jackson situation where he wants to go home, one team has the draft capital and the other doesn’t.
He never nominated Melbourne though, he liked their presentation but for various reasons he chose Carlton

Even so Melbourne didn't even have a first round pick last year so its not even applicable to Jackson when Freo currently holds 2 first rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
He never nominated Melbourne though, he liked their presentation but for various reasons he chose Carlton

Even so Melbourne didn't even have a first round pick last year so its not even applicable to Jackson when Freo currently holds 2 first rounders
Isn’t this the whole point of what we are discussing?

In the case that Jackson wanted to return to Fremantle, Jackson (if he is being adequately advised) would only nominate Fremantle if they could / will get the deal done.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Isn’t this the whole point of what we are discussing?

In the case that Jackson wanted to return to Fremantle, Jackson (if he is being adequately advised) would only nominate Fremantle if they could / will get the deal done.
Kind of but I stated that Melbourne put forward a good presentation however Cerra never nominated Melbourne, which was claimed earlier.

I am yet to be proven wrong, he liked what Melbourne put forward but he chose Carlton, whether that was for Capital/money/other reasons we don't actually know but the fact stands that Cerra never nominated Melbourne.

If he nominated Melbourne then he likely would have got there

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kind of but I stated that Melbourne put forward a good presentation however Cerra never nominated Melbourne, which was claimed earlier.

I am yet to be proven wrong, he liked what Melbourne put forward but he chose Carlton, whether that was for Capital/money/other reasons we don't actually know but the fact stands that Cerra never nominated Melbourne.

If he nominated Melbourne then he likely would have got there
he says in the doco that he wants to go to melbourne. The evidence is there. Just because you haven't watched the documentary doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. I've been saying the same thing for months. Cerra wanted to come to melbourne. It's on tape him saying that. But his manager advised him that a deal couldn't get done hence he officially nominated Carlton.

Like it or not, if freo lowball melbourne, we'll work with WCE who can get a fair trade done.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Can’t attach the pre-amble as the file is too big, but you get the gist.

View attachment 1433787
That series also confirmed Melbourne have zero cap space and that's why they're paying Luke Dunstan a bare minimum contract. Once Cerra realised he'd be paid peanuts he told the Demons to GAGF.

It's the same reason I'm sure Jackson wants out in a big way.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

The Jackson situation is slightly different to the above. Melbourne had No First and No Second round picks in 2021. Yes you had your future first but we all knew where that was likely to fall. What picks did you plan to get Cerra with?

Fremantle however have a First this year and a future First and second next year which can be used to trade for Jackson. Yes its probably unders, but its not a ridiculous offer

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
That series also confirmed Melbourne have zero cap space and that's why they're paying Luke Dunstan a bare minimum contract. Once Cerra realised he'd be paid peanuts he told the Demons to GAGF.

It's the same reason I'm sure Jackson wants out in a big way.
Lol that's literally not what happened. Melbourne will offer 800k for Jackson. we've been planning it for years. And we had say 700k to pay Cerra so we can def put that towards Jackson.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Jackson situation is slightly different to the above. Melbourne had No First and No Second round picks in 2021. Yes you had your future first but we all knew where that was likely to fall. What picks did you plan to get Cerra with?

Fremantle however have a First this year and a future First and second next year which can be used to trade for Jackson. Yes its probably unders, but its not a ridiculous offer
True. we had barely anything. But Jackson is also more valuable than Cerra so it's all relative. We keep going in circles but the first rounders are basically 2nd rounders. Would you take Pick 17, pick 17 and a future 2nd for Andrew Brayshaw? If not, then that's how dees fans and our recruiting team will feel. Whether you rate Brayshaw higher is sort of irrelevant as dees fans will rate Jacksons higher ceiling and scarce position (ruckman) as more valuable so I truly think that world war 3 will happen if that's all that is offered. Yes, I understand they're the only picks you have (at this stage).

Is there a chance that Jackson has already nominated freo and this whole time melbourne and freo are trying to come together with a deal? I mean let's be honest, no-one takes this long to make a decision. Jackson would already know what he's doing.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
True. we had barely anything. But Jackson is also more valuable than Cerra so it's all relative. We keep going in circles but the first rounders are basically 2nd rounders. Would you take Pick 17, pick 17 and a future 2nd for Andrew Brayshaw? If not, then that's how dees fans and our recruiting team will feel. Whether you rate Brayshaw higher is sort of irrelevant as dees fans will rate Jacksons higher ceiling and scarce position (ruckman) as more valuable so I truly think that world war 3 will happen if that's all that is offered. Yes, I understand they're the only picks you have (at this stage).

Is there a chance that Jackson has already nominated freo and this whole time melbourne and freo are trying to come together with a deal? I mean let's be honest, no-one takes this long to make a decision. Jackson would already know what he's doing.
Honestly If Brayshaw was Out of contract and that offer was put to me. Then yeah I would reluctantly have to accept it.

Uncontracted players always go a bit cheaper than what they are worth. Cerra last year got us Pick 6. We recruited him with Pick 5 and he more than played up to that standard but yet we got Pick 6. Put 3-4 years of games into him and he left for less. This is the nature of being uncontracted sadly

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
he says in the doco that he wants to go to melbourne. The evidence is there. Just because you haven't watched the documentary doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. I've been saying the same thing for months. Cerra wanted to come to melbourne. It's on tape him saying that. But his manager advised him that a deal couldn't get done hence he officially nominated Carlton.

Like it or not, if freo lowball melbourne, we'll work with WCE who can get a fair trade done.
I have actually watched the documentary when it came out

Cerra NEVER nominated the demons, point still stands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back