Prediction Luke jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

dockers1

Rookie
Feb 17, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
As we don't normally run with 2 ruckman, what is Luke Jackson's position going to be.

Darcy and Jackson will be a difficult duo to defend imo.

Jackson is such an athlete at 200 tall. Darcy would have to be one of the strongest players in the league.

Not sure too many teams have a match up to deal with them both up forward. Might even help a few of our other KPFs if teams need to switch their KPDs around imo.

Excited to see how they go up forward.

I don’t think he’ll be a forward/ruck in the Lobb mould. Lobb was generally our deepest tall forward and the focus of our forward 50 entries.

I think Jackson, as a forward, will give us way more marking power in transition, which will in turn generate clearer scoring opportunities for the deeper forwards.

When in ruck, Jackson will also improve our ability to burst from the front of a centre bounce with his leap and follow up work. Darcy can do the bulldozing at around the ground stoppages.

I remember, after the trade, a Demons poster explained how versatile Jackson is and how much flexibility he gives the coach to change the gameplan. On that basis, Blicavs might be a better comparison than Lobb.

One of the Purple Reign guys stated his fear that the Jackson trade will be a serious blunder for the club, as we have tied up too much capital in our ruck stocks.

I’m inclined to disagree and am super excited to see what his unique attributes can add to the team.

Last edited:
Didn't recruit Jackson to not play two rucks. He'll play the exact same role he did with Gawn, especially in the 2021 GF. Probably more of an offensive weapon. He ll be needed for a goal or two per game.

I don’t think he’ll be a forward/ruck in the Lobb mould. Lobb was generally our deepest tall forward and the focus of our forward 50 entries.

I think Jackson, as a forward, will give us way more marking power in transition, which will in turn generate clearer scoring opportunities for the deeper forwards.

When in ruck, Jackson will also improve our ability to burst from the front of a centre bounce with his leap and follow up work. Darcy can do the bulldozing at around the ground stoppages.

I remember, after the trade, a Demons poster explained how versatile Jackson is and how much flexibility he gives the coach to change the gameplan. On that basis, Blicavs might be a better comparison than Lobb.

One of the Purple Reign guys stated his fear that the Jackson trade will be a serious blunder for the club, as we have tied up too much capital in our ruck stocks.

I’m inclined to disagree and am super excited to see what his unique attributes can add to the team.
Great call.

The UNICORN mate🦄 He’s special and will be the next big thing. Worth every $

Remove this Banner Ad

Back