All Australian
Apr 18, 2006
Croydon
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stangers, Everton
'ello all ............
Is any one aware of where these headed off to? Did Brett go back to St. Bedes? Is Luke training with Nth Adelaide or maybe going to picked in tomorrow's Pre-Season/rookie draft?

Interesting question, GNCL.

--------------------------------------------------------

002ChristmasTreeLightsimg26-1.gif
002ChristmasSanta021zxa-1.gif

'ello all ............
Is any one aware of where these headed off to? Did Brett go back to St. Bedes? Is Luke training with Nth Adelaide or maybe going to picked in tomorrow's Pre-Season/rookie draft?

I saw Brett Collins play in the VAFA finals for St Bedes-Mentone this year and he went ok as well. Given that you have to play a certain amount of games to qualify I assume he played there most of the year.

Luke McEntee is not on any of the AFL train on lists. You would guess that he might be some chance of getting on to a rookie list tomorrow.

We should rookie McEntee. He's only .05 slower over 20m then Shoenmakers and should be tried at CHB at Box Hill. That's if he is over all his injuries.

Surprised McEntee is not training somewhere. Has an unbelievable vertical jump. This is the issue with rucks it does take time. Someone like the pies/dees would do well to look at him seeing we have gone through the hard yards.

Has nice bit of mongerel about him.

I know Brett Collins pretty well and he struggled with injury at his time with the Hawks. Probably only played a couple of games at Box Hill. I was surprised that they gave him the flick after one year. He missed a few games at St Bedes with injury but the games he did play he was very good.

I reckon both will get picked up elsewhere.

Surprised McEntee is not training somewhere. Has an unbelievable vertical jump. This is the issue with rucks it does take time. Someone like the pies/dees would do well to look at him seeing we have gone through the hard yards.

The reason why Luke isn't training with anyone is because he has got OP.

McEntee does have an insane leap.

The only problem is he cant get on the park to show people.

This year he played one half of football and that was it. Broke down. 3rd year in a row.

Could have been anything but..

From what I saw Collins was pretty soft. Had some talent, but not enough there to transfer to AFL level.

I liked McEntee, but you'd think the chances of taking him are slim after getting Lowden. He'll become a handy SANFL player. Might join his brother in the QFL.

I know Brett Collins pretty well and he struggled with injury at his time with the Hawks. Probably only played a couple of games at Box Hill. I was surprised that they gave him the flick after one year. He missed a few games at St Bedes with injury but the games he did play he was very good.

For what it is worth Brett Collins returned to the VAFA and played in the St Bedes A Section premiership side last year. Broke a finger in the practice games at the start of this season and had an operation to repair. Played last three games back and was named best on ground the last two weeks. Was easily the stand out player in Saturdays game. Kicked four goals and thirty possessions off a wing and was best previous week against Old Xaverians. Watched Saturdays game and he clearly has better hand and foot skills than many AFL players. Injured as soon as he arrived at the Hawks and in fairness they probably made the right decision as his foot bothered him most of last season.

Luke McEntee played his first league game for North Adelaide on the weekend. Has been playing reasonably well in the reserves and went okay without being a standout in his league debut. His second efforts were impressive and he did his job as a second ruckman. Will find it tough to keep his spot in the side though as there is a fair bit of competition for the second ruck role.

Follow the Hawks and the VAFA. Can't say how short sighted it was not to give Brett Collins every opportunity. See in the Sun today that he kicked 7 on the weekend off a wing. Has more footy know how in his little finger than some of the blokes on our list. Don't be surprised if he pops up and bites us big.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Follow the Hawks and the VAFA. Can't say how short sighted it was not to give Brett Collins every opportunity. See in the Sun today that he kicked 7 on the weekend off a wing. Has more footy know how in his little finger than some of the blokes on our list. Don't be surprised if he pops up and bites us big.

Collins has no dedication at all, he wont come back and bite us.
If he can get off the sauce for more then one week at a time he might be able to play afl.
But he wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back