Luke McPharlin

Remove this Banner Ad

Visro

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2000
#10 pick in the draft two years ago, just ahead of Darren Glass, he is coming out of contract at the end of this season. Should WC make a concerted push for him? I think so, he has the height skills and mentality of a class player. He is a homegrown WA boy and if WC tried hard enough we could pick him up in the trade season or pre-season draft. Anyone else share similar opinions?

Vis

Originally posted by Visro
#10 pick in the draft two years ago, just ahead of Darren Glass, he is coming out of contract at the end of this season. Should WC make a concerted push for him? I think so, he has the height skills and mentality of a class player. He is a homegrown WA boy and if WC tried hard enough we could pick him up in the trade season or pre-season draft. Anyone else share similar opinions?

Vis

Got any stats on him to see how he has fared in his first 2 years?

I've heard he's more of a defender, if so, he might come in handy as a tall backman (he is tall isnt he ;) )

But with Jacko, Glass, Collica and Carroll and also Prior coming back, would he break into the team or become a fringe player??

For his complete profile check out:

http://www.afl.com.au/players/player_profile_200045.htm

As I said earlier, he was taken at #10 in the draft just in front of Glass at #11. He is originally a West Australia and is out of contract this year and could be looking to return home. He hasn't signed a contract, put it that way anyway. The Hawks want him more as a defender but he is playing in the forward zone for them anyway so he is pretty versatile. One thing I must mention is that he is suffering from some groin injury that could keep him out for next year. Even so, if we can pick him up in the pre-season draft, I hope the club has no hesitations in picking him.

I checked his profile, he really doesnt seem to have done much but obviously he's a player for the future who can be groomed to play either forward or back

This said, i think Freo will get him...i dont think we're gonna be very active at all this year

Well he may just opt for the pre-season draft and it could go like this:

#1 - Farmer to Freo
#2 - Black to Saints
#3 - McPharlin to WC

Here's hoping anyway...

I think we should keep away from injury prone players.
Even though the club did a top job managing Merenda this year, we really dont need players with a history or recurrence of injuries

Guys let me tell ya McPharlin is a superstar in the making....he was on the verge when cut down by injury, he was in Hawthorns best 22 when we went on that 8 game winning streak, he is very quick for a big man, great hands, his kicking lets him down occasionaly. ....... i fear though Fremantle have there sights on him, which is why they want to trade for Farmer so they can claim McPharlin in the pre season draft ......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, i think we have lost the chance to get him since it is almost confirmed, highly speculated(which doesn't mean much) that Freo have done a trade for Farmer, so will be able to use their first round pick in the pre season draft to pick him up IF he nominates. I haven't read anywhere that he has said he wants to come home, it is all media speculation. But if its true i'm sure one of the clubs will take him!

Well he may just opt for the pre-season draft and it could go like this:

#1 - Farmer to Freo
#2 - Black to Saints
#3 - McPharlin to WCM

Here's hoping anyway...
s**t trade

Do we really want him? We already have quality talls, the key now is development, and introducing an injury prone player to the squad will only hinder that.

Don't need him but could take over from Emac
Is he out of contract??
Yea. Delisted Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back