Luke Parker bump on Jarman Impey [Cleared, No alternative to contest ball]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, Parker wasn't going for the ball. Got him high and was dangerous. In his favour, Impey wasn't knocked out. Generally, most reports are based on outcome rather than action. (With a Cotchin/Burton exception). But, who can confidently pick what Christian will do?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is nothing in it. Only reason it's even an issue is he didn't actually pick the ball up. If he picks it up it wouldn't be a problem.

That said, grandma AFL will probably give him weeks.

If he breaks his neck 12 weeks. But because he is ok maybe a fine. System is fuxed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If they grade it as careless will probably be medium impact due to the fact he was down for a while and went off under the blood rule.

Just saw it, I can't tell weather he's contesting the ball or not, its about 50/50, if he's going after the ball it's probably negligent and 1 week, if he went the man it's intentional and 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin pretty much did the same thing in the Prelim and got off.
Parker was going for the ball and turned his body to protect his head.
Impey went in head first, not protecting himself at all.
But because impey got hit and got hurt, Parker will probably get weeks. Not sure what else Parker was meant to do?
If he’d picked up the ball he’d probably be fine.

Impey gets his hands there first and the ball bobbles away from his hands. If Impey hadn't touched it, Parker probably would've picked up the ball but because he did, it looks like Parker overruns it.

Should be careless, high contact, low impact. 1 week.

Ball was in dispute. Looked like Impey tapped it forward just as Parker got there, which makes it look like Parker ran past the ball to collect Impey. I'd call that a genuine contest that had an unfortunate outcome. If Burton gets off then Parker should too.

Should get off, not sure he will though

The only way injury can be avoided entirely in this instance is if either one player pulls out, or Impey, like Parker, turns his body. Not saying that was practical, but think about it - if Parker goes in head first too, both players get injured. Parker turning his body does not cause the injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back