Injury Luke Parker Freak Out - Fractured Fibula

Remove this Banner Ad

I said if they were ok to play, not sending them out there taped up and ready to break in half.

Give me a 60% fit parker or jack over the rubbish mcglynn rohan and co dished up, they don't have to do much to beat that

I said if they were ok to play, not sending them out there taped up and ready to break in half.

Give me a 60% fit parker or jack over the rubbish mcglynn rohan and co dished up, they don't have to do much to beat that

Don't get me wrong not disagreeing, we just have to be ultra careful. The reality is every side has less than 100% fit players, even sides already in the prelim do.

I'm thinking Rohan might not play this week with Rose a chance of coming in. Rohan was too sore. Playing at 80% is only OK if that player can still do a role for the team. Not sure that Gazza did that which would put his place in the side in jeopardy. Goodesy can't do what he used to do but he still does a contributing role for the team. If Gaz wasn't injured, then he was absolutely out of form & in a cut throat final if you're not hungry & a fresh & hungry player is waiting in the wings, then you go with the fresher hungry player every time.

If we lose , we lose! We lost against Freo. Get a finals game into a new boy & that may go a long way into preparing him for any home & away game next year. A finals game is like getting 10 H & A games experience, such is the pressure IMO. See if Rose can stand up.

Gaz has now failed twice in big games. Not the end of the world as he will be a star but he should be sub this week at best if he is underdone fitness wise.

gaz has failed more than twice :(

Injury happened at the wrong time for him, was just starting to be consistent before then. Would still play him this week, maybe as the sub?

Injury happened at the wrong time for him, was just starting to be consistent before then. Would still play him this week, maybe as the sub?

I think smith plays for Reid provided he is fit

if that happens then say parker is fit to play im not sure who goes out, I suspect rohan would survive ahead of B jack for a start

If the medics clear him of any further risk of injury, and the team determines he is able contribute but not at full capacity is that enough to justify a spot?

If the medics clear him of any further risk of injury, and the team determines he is able contribute but not at full capacity is that enough to justify a spot?

If he can play forward, I would play him...if he is 90% fit. That is the key thing though.

I think smith plays for Reid provided he is fit

if that happens then say parker is fit to play im not sure who goes out, I suspect rohan would survive ahead of B jack for a start

You took the words out of my mouth. Just can't see more than 1-2 changes at the absolute most. Smith being an automatic is one, and we may look at Rose for BJ, but I can see BJ playing this week. Almost would give these youngsters another chance at home. They will learn from it.

Parker is playing if he is near 100% fit, just how close to 100% is the question and it is one where we have to trust the medical staff to make the correct call. If we had won last week, no doubt Parker would play in the prelim at home. In Perth, I'm not sure. However that is purely a gut feeling and if the medical staff play him, I trust their judgement. They don't get it wrong that often and in fact Sydney are ultra conservative with players coming back from injuries.

Surely bj would stay longer. Give him the opportunity to learn from the experience and contribute in the next game.

Not sure if taking a punt on rose is a good idea. Yeah. He killed it against inferior opposition when the game was over. But in a high pressure final it's a different story altogether. Would be a huge risk.

They may be thinking about adding a second ruck to give Tipp more time up forward. Although they may stick with the current set up and give him less time in the ruck. I think he's benefitted from being near the ball.

Really nervous about this game

Surely bj would stay longer. Give him the opportunity to learn from the experience and contribute in the next game.

Not sure if taking a punt on rose is a good idea. Yeah. He killed it against inferior opposition when the game was over. But in a high pressure final it's a different story altogether. Would be a huge risk.

They may be thinking about adding a second ruck to give Tipp more time up forward. Although they may stick with the current set up and give him less time in the ruck. I think he's benefitted from being near the ball.

Im not its sort of like a bittersweet experience if we win Perth next week against a rested Eagles side so im not really fussed about the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rose no chance if Kizza gets up. But I can see him sub. By the time he comes in his goal sense and fwd 50 pressure won't go astray.

North will be hard to roll. I'm expecting a very physical first half from them. If we don't dictate the play by then it could be going to the wire. Hope not.

Just depends how well he can carry it? if he cant do any more damage to it i suggest he will be right to go but i will be scared everytime he gets wrapped up in a tackle.

Tough call to make in a do or die final.

Im not its sort of like a bittersweet experience if we win Perth next week against a rested Eagles side so im not really fussed about the result.

I'm pretty much the same, although I think there would be some severe nerves leading up to the WC game if we make it that far. Even with a depleted side, being just 2 wins away from a premiership is a thrill.

Years of finals football has turned me into the football fan equivalent of a junkie, I'm only capable of getting high on Prelims and Grand Finals these days.

According to afl.com will re sign before Christmas! !!!!!!!!!!

Has a contract in front of him as we type. They just need to work through it.

Parker's instruction to his manager was "I'm very happy at Sydney"

Sounds like it would be something like a 3 year extension if they come to terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back