cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Watch out for this kid guys. Will only be 17 later this year, but a huge chance to sneak a game in the Vic Country side. Was picked, or was in the squad, for the Stingrays late last year as a 16yr old, and all through junior footy has just been a standout. Not sure if this year will be his year, but certainly next year for Vic Country he will be a name to remember. GC looming?

Will be a good chance for Vic Country i recon
Played at his club was in the other team tho
won every best n Fairest from 9's to 16

yeh ive known Luke for ages hes a huge standout in junior footy i think he won 7 best and fairests in a row at a very god team, i was on the wrong side of a bump he gave me im a bit bigger than him and went to tackle a team mate and smack it felt like the grandstand hit me.
we have said for ages he will make afl one day

Noticed in the paper that "Parker" kicked a goal for Dandenong. Would assume this to be Luke. Playing already, as a 16 turning 17, good signs.

Luke parker, has played from under 9's to 16's for the langwarrin football club and he won all 8 best and fairests in the proces, luke has beefed up thisyear and looks really fit he should have a great year for the stingrays.
Luke is also a keen surfer so look out for him carvin up phillip island

Luke parker, has played from under 9's to 16's for the langwarrin football club and he won all 8 best and fairests in the proces, luke has beefed up thisyear and looks really fit he should have a great year for the stingrays.
Luke is also a keen surfer so look out for him carvin up phillip island

Pretty much just repeated what has been said up there.
Did you play down at langy ?

Luke Parker Currently has the most points in the Best player list for Stingrays on 18 Points.
Last week against the Jets he picked up 26 touches and 2 goals and was BOG.
And another thing he played for Langwarrin's Seniors 2 weeks ago in his first senior game was BOG.
Things are looking good for Luke

Named in the best again, kicking 4 goals. Having a fair season for a guy too young for the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how good was he this year for Vic country
best on ground v NSW

Fair size lad

results

More info please

Mods -Possible move to draft watch

And how good was he this year for Vic country
best on ground v NSW

Fair size lad

results

More info please

Mods -Possible move to draft watch

He is 183cm just six foot in the old scale. Strong as an Ox, good pace, but not quick, strong mark and deadly in front of goals.

I think he would be in the 10-20 range. Gaff certainly ahead of him but not sure that Atley would be. Suspect Pitt might even be earlier but parker, caddy, hallahan, smith, polec, atley are all pretty close for mine. Some more TAC and some testing will help but clubs will have their favourites based on little things they have seen that will determine who goes first.

Has very good endurance does Luke Parker, but average pace and agility imo, interesting to see testing, rate him below Gaff, Atley and Polec but still an excellent prospect, really like his marking.

I love these old threads. I think the rumour went that the Swans were intending to pass but when they noticed he was still there they decided to go one extra on the main list. They never expected him to be there but were happy to change their list structure to get him. I think the exact words from the interview after the draft were 'he just fell into our lap, we had to take him'

I love these old threads. I think the rumour went that the Swans were intending to pass but when they noticed he was still there they decided to go one extra on the main list. They never expected him to be there but were happy to change their list structure to get him. I think the exact words from the interview after the draft were 'he just fell into our lap, we had to take him'

We couldn't have been intending to pass. He was just our second selection that draft (and a club has to take at least three, though one can be a rookie upgrade). Plus we took Alex Johnson the following round.

But Beatson has commented he couldn't believe Parker was still on the board. I suspect other clubs were lured by the "sexiness factor" of other options, rather than the apparent "meat and potatoes" that Parker appeared to offer (but has proven to be far more).

We couldn't have been intending to pass. He was just our second selection that draft (and a club has to take at least three, though one can be a rookie upgrade). Plus we took Alex Johnson the following round.

But Beatson has commented he couldn't believe Parker was still on the board. I suspect other clubs were lured by the "sexiness factor" of other options, rather than the apparent "meat and potatoes" that Parker appeared to offer (but has proven to be far more).

I stand corrected. I do remember the shock of him being there. He was AFL ready and had runs on the board. Great pick up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back