Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know what you've just done?
kidsactivitiesblog-com-kids-running-with-scissors-e-jpg.1031181

I think its time we get rid if Hamish, he doesn't understand modern football, this guy is a Garry McIntosh , Mitch Grigg type but that's no longer the AFL game. Also Tilthorpe we've seen how hampered we are because Walker is a straight line player and now we have Himmleberg and Tilthorpe Where's our speed????
Give me a McIntosh anytime

Luke is a cracking good lad from my local football team. very talented, great cricketer as well

Thanks mate - can you comment on his outside game? Maybe thoughts on a player comparison for context?

Has been talked about as an inside mid at AFL level, but from highlights (all I have to go on) there's a bit of run & carry/link-up stuff in there. Didn't look like the 1 dimensional Matt Crouch/Pridis type. Such a small sample size in those highlights packages though. Appreciate the insight, thanks.

Love the look of this guy. On the limited footage available + reviews on Draft Central etc, it seems like he has some really exciting attributes and is a real presence on field. Can’t wait to see more of him through pre-season.

Not suggesting we picked the wrong player (I would have no idea!), but given their close proximity in the draft order, both being South Australian midfielders, and the inevitability of comparisons being made as their careers develop, I would love to know more about the decision making process that led us to take Pedlar over Powell.

On face value Powell seems the safer option with more exposed form and runs on the board, Pedlar higher risk/higher reward, with less exposed form but arguably more strings to his bow?

He must have been bloody impressive in those few games he did play to convince Ogilvie & co to take him so early.

Debut bump

I just looked up his SANFL stats, I notice his disposal efficiency is 82%? Seems high, not that I’m complaining. I look forward to a long and prosperous career mate, kill them all. Named as a FWD pocket? His work rate will be compared to McAdam if they’re in the same pocket, that’ll be interesting...

Debut bump

I just looked up his SANFL stats, I notice his disposal efficiency is 82%? Seems high, not that I’m complaining. I look forward to a long and prosperous career mate, kill them all. Named as a FWD pocket? His work rate will be compared to McAdam if they’re in the same pocket, that’ll be interesting...
Very excited to see this kid, and stoked he's got in with 8 rounds to go. Fingers crossed he goes well and plays out the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debut bump

Surely we will do something similar to what Berry did at the start of the year, where he's switched through into the mids to get some good time in there.

Then into the forward line for some pressure acts.

Looking forward to seeing him play. He looks dynamic in the guts, similar to Schoenberg.

Hopefully we give him a good run in the middle and not a forward pocket.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering how far back Pedlar was fitness wise, and he got injured this year, I can't see us giving him a good run in the midfield yet.

Considering how far back Pedlar was fitness wise, and he got injured this year, I can't see us giving him a good run in the midfield yet.
Yeah I think forward stoppages will be his go for a few weeks. Still, he looks more than capable in that role.

Love the look of this guy. On the limited footage available + reviews on Draft Central etc, it seems like he has some really exciting attributes and is a real presence on field. Can’t wait to see more of him through pre-season.

Not suggesting we picked the wrong player (I would have no idea!), but given their close proximity in the draft order, both being South Australian midfielders, and the inevitability of comparisons being made as their careers develop, I would love to know more about the decision making process that led us to take Pedlar over Powell.

On face value Powell seems the safer option with more exposed form and runs on the board, Pedlar higher risk/higher reward, with less exposed form but arguably more strings to his bow?

He must have been bloody impressive in those few games he did play to convince Ogilvie & co to take him so early.
Been starring in School footy for 2 years, recruiters hanging out of every tree at School footy.

Whatever the results this year, it feels like the players are having a good time. Definitely feels like there's a better atmosphere at the club.

A lot of this. After the last three years just having the stench of rotting corpse no longer surrounding the club has been a welcome change.

Back