Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Man it would suck if we've seen the last of Daniel Talia.

The point ought be obvious, even to you: bragging about overlooking Serong to get Pedlar is nonsensical when we could have had both.

Airballing the McAsey pick is not made better by Pedlar.
A KPD to replace the impending Talia finish and to a lesser degree Hartigan was a list need and McAsey at the time looked to by far the best prospect in that draft after being an All Australian at the Nationals and Vic Metro's M.V.P., the fact he's been underwhelming to this point doesn't come into it because the recruiters don't have our benefit of hindsight. IMO Pedlar will surpass Serong over time, both being fine players no doubt.

The point ought be obvious, even to you: bragging about overlooking Serong to get Pedlar is nonsensical when we could have had both.

Airballing the McAsey pick is not made better by Pedlar.
McAsey has been through a lot during COVID-19, he is clearly 12-18 months behind as a developing KPD.

A KPD to replace the impending Talia finish and to a lesser degree Hartigan was a list need and McAsey at the time looked to by far the best prospect in that draft after being an All Australian at the Nationals and Vic Metro's M.V.P., the fact he's been underwhelming to this point doesn't come into it because the recruiters don't have our benefit of hindsight. IMO Pedlar will surpass Serong over time, both being fine players no doubt.

You admit he's underwhelming then?

It is in fact the recruiters job to project outcomes. Beyond that, a KPD with pick 6 was always a poor investment of resources. Serviceable options can be obtained with lower cost resources (which is in fact what happened with Butts).

Of course it's reasonable, but a senior club official shouldn't be talking about it in the media.

Especially when the player in question is a much loved club stalwart.

It's idiotic on Roo's part.
When is Roo going to get it through his thick ******* head. He can be in admin or he can be in footy media, he shouldn't do both.

Roo is a big dumb dumb.
I'd say he should be purged from our admin immediately but his performance on radio is equally as bad. Maybe he should be given a desk in the basement, Milton style.

DeliciousAgonizingBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

Talia was on the radio a couple of days ago saying he was hoping he could make a push for the end of the year with his foot doing better than it had been in the past. Just gonna be a long wait and see with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he’s never been the player he was prior to round 7 2017...

No. He's been the same player, the narrative just 180'd because of a coincidence. It ended up being a self fulfilling prophecy as well as all the bad games got blamed on the tag and not just Sloane never got rid of those poor games out of his kit.

Last edited:
I'd argue Sloane was much worse last year. Has had some poor games this year but also some good ones. Last year he was a non entity.
He and tex both were. Less than a year after both of them had a child die. Probably not a coincidence, i wouldn't be interested in my job either

He and tex both were. Less than a year after both of them had a child die. Probably not a coincidence, i wouldn't be interested in my job either

Between that and injuries, it's pretty forgivable that they had a bad season.

After all, you do bring that s**t into games as much as it is a welcomed distraction.

It is just super important that we get this guy injury free and fit. Just look at the type of player he is when he is on the park. With him and Harry we have two genuine A graders in the making and both local boys too. Some serious talnet and wheels on him.

What impressed me when watching him in the flesh is that he likes to be on the move prior to stoppages.

What impressed me when watching him in the flesh is that he likes to be on the move prior to stoppages.

Obvious question is how can this escape a ruck(stoppage), midfield and senior coach? We’ve favoured stationary mids at stoppages for years, it can’t be by accident. Lyons was an ‘on the move’ stoppage guy and we valued him as a 6th midfielder in a 4 man rotation. Hopefully it’s changing, Schoey is not a static stoppage player, but there’s no doubt that midfield philosophy has held us back.

I think it’s a risk aversion issue. They’d rather be not moving at all than moving in the wrong direction.

Problem is that when you win the ball you’ve got no momentum so you just hack forward and when you lose, you can’t impact anyway as the opponent does have momentum. This is why we lack damage from our wins and concede damage on our losses.

But what’s most worrying is that I can see this and so must $1m worth of coaches. So the fact we do nothing about it must be deliberate.

What are we doing with this guy? Is he injured? Is he unfit? I thought he was going to be a key in the midfield, yet we never see him..

Missed last game because of flu

Before that he's been sub & travelling emergency

Been a waste of a year

It's Round 12 this week and he's played 5 games without injuries being a major factor. Mismanagement on our part. A player who desperately needs to string some games together and we've chosen not to let him

Back