Autopsy Luke Ryan defeats Saints 71-66 Rd 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it’s because of the absolute low depths that they’ve plummeted to this season in other games, but other than a few howlers, I thought the umps were ok.

I agree the umpiring was fine all day, I'd even go as far as saying we slightly had the rub of the green, they let a few go we could have been pinged for I thought.

I recall it as McCarthy having it heading forward with Landgon overlapping on his right for a handball receive. The handpass was good enough but Langdon fumbled it to the ground, and as he was picking it up McCarthy covered to the space on the defensive side to get the ball back but then slipped, landing on his arse as the handball back from Langdon was coming to him and McCarthy ended up trying to grab the ball from a sitting position. St Kilda picked it up and ran it in for a goal.
Yours is a more detailed account but the first error was the no pressure 20m kick to an open McCarthy that got there on the half volley. If he hits McCarthy on the chest instead all of the other stuff does not happen and we most likely get a shot on goal due the overlap running that should have let one of them deliver the ball cleanly upfield.

Yours is a more detailed account but the first error was the no pressure 20m kick to an open McCarthy that got there on the half volley. If he hits McCarthy on the chest instead all of the other stuff does not happen and we most likely get a shot on goal due the overlap running that should have let one of them deliver the ball cleanly upfield.
Kick to McCarthy was short, it was ridiculous. Had to hit the target, such a poor skill error from Ed

Maybe it’s because of the absolute low depths that they’ve plummeted to this season in other games, but other than a few howlers, I thought the umps were ok.

Overall they were ok, let the game go for good periods of time, but then seemed to pluck a minor free out, maybe just to check the pea in their whistle was still working.

That free at the final siren was diabolical, they'd let the game flow nicely, why pull up a 50/50 at that time of the game ?.

The booing was quite something to drown out the siren. Couldn’t hear the siren from my seat.
It was just such a dumb call by the umpire given the circumstances. If that wasn't a legal mark by McCarthy, then I hope they are consistent with Kennedy and Darling on the weekend ;)

It was a hard game to watch and an even harder one to play I can only imagine.

4 points. See how it adds up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back