Luke Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Deathly

05 | 13
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure my past 3 avatars is an indicator I've been a massive fan of his since debut. The good thing about him is that I don't need to continually praise and advocate for him because I can watch everyone else do it for me.

He will be without a doubt one of the core players of our playing list that will be vital if / when we challenge for success in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FreoMonocle

Premium Gold
Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
A great year for him - and he's made so much more effective by Wilson, that's a helluva combo right there. Nice that Langdon has been up and about, if only one of the Hills was on the other wing... Or Grabener to make the impact in a contest up on the wing. Any 1 - or all 3 of them back and the impact from Ryan/Wilson would be far greater.

wild side

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wrapped Eddie up at a critical time, should have been holding the ball.
Got a holding decision in his next tackle.
Absolute delight to watch

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure my past 3 avatars is an indicator I've been a massive fan of his since debut. The good thing about him is that I don't need to continually praise and advocate for him because I can watch everyone else do it for me.
I think he also isn’t afraid of a bit of self praise either. Rates himself. In a good way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love that he's a lad with natural footy abilities. Puts in the effort, does a great job then relaxes with a beer afterwards. Old school footy.

Heart Of Purple

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love the way he goes about his business. Though I do wish he'd have a bit more of that Wilson like arrogance with ball in hand where he just backs himself to take risky kicks, for mine he's actually a better kick of the footy than wilson is (Not a criticism of Wilson, just Luke's that good) but he does play it a bit safe at times. His confidence to evade the tackle with a sidestep is a HUGE feature of his game though, and I have no doubt in time we'll see him add a bit more run and drive with the ball as well.

Edit - Absolutely sick of commentators mentioning Wilson being one of the only good kicks in the team and completely ignoring luke. In fact I think on the weekend he actually went to take a kick out and they were saying that it was poor as Wilson should be taking them ...

Top Bottom