Luke Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure my past 3 avatars is an indicator I've been a massive fan of his since debut. The good thing about him is that I don't need to continually praise and advocate for him because I can watch everyone else do it for me.

He will be without a doubt one of the core players of our playing list that will be vital if / when we challenge for success in the coming years.

A great year for him - and he's made so much more effective by Wilson, that's a helluva combo right there. Nice that Langdon has been up and about, if only one of the Hills was on the other wing... Or Grabener to make the impact in a contest up on the wing. Any 1 - or all 3 of them back and the impact from Ryan/Wilson would be far greater.

Wrapped Eddie up at a critical time, should have been holding the ball.
Got a holding decision in his next tackle.
Absolute delight to watch

I'm sure my past 3 avatars is an indicator I've been a massive fan of his since debut. The good thing about him is that I don't need to continually praise and advocate for him because I can watch everyone else do it for me.

I think he also isn’t afraid of a bit of self praise either. Rates himself. In a good way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that he's a lad with natural footy abilities. Puts in the effort, does a great job then relaxes with a beer afterwards. Old school footy.

A young ass man with a trash can strapped to the back of his ass.
eastwood-meme-26.jpg

Love the way he goes about his business. Though I do wish he'd have a bit more of that Wilson like arrogance with ball in hand where he just backs himself to take risky kicks, for mine he's actually a better kick of the footy than wilson is (Not a criticism of Wilson, just Luke's that good) but he does play it a bit safe at times. His confidence to evade the tackle with a sidestep is a HUGE feature of his game though, and I have no doubt in time we'll see him add a bit more run and drive with the ball as well.

Edit - Absolutely sick of commentators mentioning Wilson being one of the only good kicks in the team and completely ignoring luke. In fact I think on the weekend he actually went to take a kick out and they were saying that it was poor as Wilson should be taking them ...

Freo needs to lock him in for the long term and tie an anchor around his foot! :)

I'm seeing signs of this bloke being a 250+ A-tier defender. Incredibly accurate kick and seems to have really good game smarts. Huge asset to Freo in the long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back