Toast Luke Shuey 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Overcame a shitload at the front end of his career, got robbed of Rising Star, said * it, built a star career then put in the greatest Grand Final performance in Champion Data history. You campaigners know what happened.

Fantastic career. Thanks Luke, and it's still got a fair way to go. One of our top three midfielders for years. In his early years I didn't know whether he was a left footer or right. One of the best players on his opposite side that I have ever seen.

The mo-******* Shue! My mate's a Melbourne supporter and Shuey has been his favourite player in the comp for years, he said at the start of 2018 Shuey was better than Dangerfield which is so great from a Vic neutral.

Judd Cousins Kerr were brilliant and all but I don't reckon we've had a mid who's carried more of the club on his shoulders than Shue. Played so many years as our only truly dynamic game breaking mid, played his best in big games which is the trait I respect most.

You stop Shuey you stop West Coast is the most correct that statement could be about any of our players. Stop Judd there's Cousins. Stop Kennedy there's Darling. Stop McGovern there's Barrass, Shep, Hurn etc.

Even in recent seasons where the rest of the midfield has lifted around him and Yeo and Gaff have become multiple All Australians his teammates act like (and I feel like most people on this board would also say) he was still the #1 man in there.

I ******* love you Luke Shuey, one of the all time Eagles

Crazy that he's going to finish up as one of the clubs best performers in September, especially if you go back and watch his first final against Collingwood in 2011.

Crazy that he's going to finish up as one of the clubs best performers in September, especially if you go back and watch his first final against Collingwood in 2011.

I remember a Collingwood player trolling him with exaggerated footsteps, I was livid at Shuey screaming at the TV that he deserved that and more :drunk:

My favourite on-field troll until Sammy Mitchell busted out the fake needle :moustache:

Fair to say Shuey's taken his game to several levels since then. 200 games, can't believe it's been that many. Vast majority of high quality too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love ya Normie.

To think of all the s**t that he went through at the start of his time with the club to get to 200 is fantastic.

Apart from the setbacks early has been very durable and adds a real point of difference to our midfield, has for some time now.

Congratulations and here's to 250.

Fantastic career. Thanks Luke, and it's still got a fair way to go. One of our top three midfielders for years. In his early years I didn't know whether he was a left footer or right. One of the best players on his opposite side that I have ever seen.

Same here. Remember seeing him in an intra-club or pre season game before he'd played a game for us and he kicked a goal from outside 50 on an angle on his left..."didn't know he was a left footer"

He was always going to be a star if his body held up, champion of the club!

Probably the best kick off his non preferred in the competition. Very underrated on the East Coast. Another one of the "If he played for a Vic club he would be an out and out superstar." I wouldn't swap him for any other mid in the competition; has given everything he has for our club.Often he has ignited us in the last quarter when we have needed him. Bloody champion. Congratulations Luke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back