nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Amazing player who clearly works on his craft very seriously, evidence by his ability on both sides of his body which he wasn't always so proficient at.
His improved his ability to break tackles and run off opposition, an area where he used to get caught HTB a lot and would choose to duck to win a free rather than beat his opposition, now he's just taking them on and winning.

However, winning a midfield spot in the AA team is very very tough.
Gotta look at who he's contending with and asking if he's had a better year than them, he could be "AA quality", but might just get nudged out by others who have performed better.

Assuming 5 on field spots and 3 bench spots max would be got mids he's got to be top 8.

Top of my head are 10 mids I'd say would be fighting it out, does he get in ahead of them?
JKelly, TKelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Neale, Parker, Boak, Cunnington, Yeo. (plus Whitfield who's missed a bit of footy)

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing player who clearly works on his craft very seriously, evidence by his ability on both sides of his body which he wasn't always so proficient at.
His improved his ability to break tackles and run off opposition, an area where he used to get caught HTB a lot and would choose to duck to win a free rather than beat his opposition, now he's just taking them on and winning.

Gotta look at who he's contending with and asking if he's had a better year than them, he could be "AA quality", but might just get nudged out by others who have performed better.

Assuming 5 on field spots and 3 bench spots max would be got mids he's got to be top 8.

Top of my head are 10 mids I'd say would be fighting it out, does he get in ahead of them?
JKelly, TKelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Neale, Parker, Boak, Cunnington, Yeo. (plus Whitfield who's missed a bit of footy)
Hasn’t had a better year but to win an important game I’d take him before all of those apart from maybe Jelly.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast

Surely he has been better than Parker? The Bont has played a few good games but Shuey has been better? J Kelly hasnt been the same this year as last.

It all depends on how well Shuey finishes the year if he gets AA.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
I think you'd be insane not to include Yeo and Shuey as AA mids. They're pretty much the best in the comp and an excellent team. Just look at their consistent performances (sometimes match winning for us) over 2 seasons. Maybe, 1 game a year they're off.. that's insane: they are so goddamn solid and reliable!

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
It's interesting to how some opposition fans rate him as an outside seagull.

Bloke is one of the most balanced mids in the comp. He could literally line up on a wing and kill you with his decision making and skills but he could walk into any side in the comp and lead them at the coal face.

IMO Nic Nat's absence has made him a much more dangerous contested player. He's a genuine bull in there when he has to get his hands dirty.

On the coach had shuey's game the second best individual game at the MCG since 2017. 1st ranked was dustbin.
I gather shuey was second and third then including his grand final performance? Or did that one not count?
They didn't mention third.

I only caught a few snippets on my phone, foxtel go.

Will have to watch the whole episode another night.
It was the second best player at the MCG since 2017. Based on average ranking points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
This deserves its’ own thread after luke shuey’s last quarter today.

750m gained, 20 contested possessions, 11 clearances and 15 possessions in the last quarter alone.

If Luke Shuey doesn’t get his much deserved first All Australian in 2019, fold the comp :fire:

Fly up to the mothership and fold the comp from orbit

Its the only sure way

It's interesting to how some opposition fans rate him as an outside seagull.

giphy.gif

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll put money on Gaff out voting him in the Brownlow.
After his GF perforamnce I think Shuey now has a bit more notoriety. I reckon that and boots being in the coal face (basically in the umps) should see him poll more.

Also Gaffy missed the first month of the year.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
1625c166a26ba42059dd2be0e4afa66f.jpg

New Google comp - player of the round...

Type afl vote into the google search engine and it comes up.

My vote this week is between Boots and the Bont, so I’m going for Boots!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
it's not by Google. It's the AFL player of the round that the AFL adverstise on google
stumbled on to it after googling Luke Shuey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back