Toast Luke Shuey - Coming of age

Remove this Banner Ad

The improvement has been his gut-running efforts, particularly late in games.

Tonight in the last quarter he reminded me of the way Cousins played a lot.

Incidentally after tonight's game my player ranking system outputs him as elite.

(i.e. Supercoach average last 23 rounds x 80% + Supercoach average last 7 rounds x 20% = 110.23) = Elite.

Will go back to back in the B&F if he keeps this up. Pretty sure Cousins is the only other player in our history to do that.

Yepp Shuey and Yeo were instrumental in winning the game yesterday. As was lecras, he was everywhere. Got smashed. JK was God with heaps of help from both lecras and Darling. Wellingham was also huge. Sheed showed class and composure. Masten also played out of his skin. I was Leyton Hewitt 'come onnn' out of my chair when Shep broke away and goaled.
But Shuey, love him he is epic

Yepp Shuey and Yeo were instrumental in winning the game yesterday. As was lecras, he was everywhere. Got smashed. JK was God with heaps of help from both lecras and Darling. Wellingham was also huge. Sheed showed class and composure. Masten also played out of his skin. I was Leyton Hewitt 'come onnn' out of my chair when Shep broke away and goaled.
But Shuey, love him he is epic
Yeh i literally came on when Shep scored that goal

Love the Shue. One of the few players we have with some real campaigner about him. A genuine A-grade mid.

That being said though I genuinely think Yeo shades him as our best this season so far.

9th year in the league, so a bit of a late run, but yes, he's really show it every week pretty much, especially when we need him.

Really, a much as I appreciate the Shue, it really remins me how special Cuzzy, Judd and Kerr were. By year 9 it was a given they were elite.

9th year in the league, so a bit of a late run, but yes, he's really show it every week pretty much, especially when we need him.

Really, a much as I appreciate the Shue, it really remins me how special Cuzzy, Judd and Kerr were. By year 9 it was a given they were elite.

If we had another 2 Shueys I reckon they'd all be elite as well. Shuey has been a lone wolf as an inside-outside midfielder for so many years. With some support he would have been a world beater years earlier

If we had another 2 Shueys I reckon they'd all be elite as well. Shuey has been a lone wolf as an inside-outside midfielder for so many years. With some support he would have been a world beater years earlier
Arguable. This is the first year where I've felt he's constantly leading and taking ont he responsibility. Previously he'd flash for a game but wouldn't really "dig deep" and be the #1 and take on the mantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7th year for intents and purposes - can't really count 2009 and 2010. Cannot underestimate the impact the injuries and other personal issues had on his early development.

Someone bump my thread from 2008 or 9 where I as his OG player sponsor predicted his future domination

Those players had some pretty special mids to hand over yhe knowledge

Shuey didnt - he was getting smashed in the guts from a young age where now they mature for 5 years as a ff

If Shuey became captain there'd be a significant better feel. Just seem Hurn is more interested in fishing on Leccas boat.
Yet the players all speak highly of him and were involved in selecting him to be captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back